ICT -V- Kilmarnock

Scotty

He shouldn't be getting involved in these arguments with the fans in the first place, its not the first time. 

True but in the heat of the moment and when you are disappointed, easier said that done when some idiot shouts abuse at you. There were a few comments from fans at the end of the game directed at Butcher from the main stand that were just ridiculous. Some fans really do need to get a grip and take a long hard look at themselves. I wonder why some of them even come to see us as some of these fans I have yet to hear shout anything positive or encouraging towards the team at all.

What abuse was shouted ?Along the lines of you're ****ing useless Butcher, get xx(player) ****ing off as he's useless etc. The same people also are like that in most games with the players as well and I have had arguments with some of these people in the past about getting behind their team instead of always being negative. Perhaps, because of the low crowd, lebvel of disappointment and general quiteness of the fans, especially at the end, these commenst seemed to be more audible than usual. 

Maybe CJT could organise another boxing fund raising evening: TB v random insulting fan, people could apply by turning up, standing (sorry sitting) at the side of the ring giving the gaffer verbal he could then invite people one by one to step up. Dougal can hold the 'round number' cards up between rounds. I'd pay to watch that.

• Agree 1

Maybe CJT could organise another boxing fund raising evening: TB v random insulting fan, people could apply by turning up, standing (sorry sitting) at the side of the ring giving the gaffer verbal he could then invite people one by one to step up. Dougal can hold the 'round number' cards up between rounds. I'd pay to watch that.

what a fundraiser that would be!

What TB should do is apologise to the fan and explain why he was so frustrated. Then he should say summat along the lines of admitting that he has got some of the tactics wrong recently but has learned his lesson. That would certainly gain him my respect and would go a long way to shuttin up the boo boys.

Strange creature the lifelong boo boy. They live for it. Henpecked and ignored at home they go to the game and swear and shout to their hearts content, with an instant audience too. They probably think its cheap at the price. Maybe Terry should reflect on his own good fortune and that they may be just lonely souls who's only pleasure is slagging him and his work off - until the next manager comes along. They're like the weather - driech and windy and always there....

Didn't understand the late subs.  It was the kind of game that was screaming out for the industriousness of Connor Pepper to bring a spark to the attack.  Both A Shinnie and Ross made little impact in the second half and with Pepper and either Sutherland or Roberts replacing them I am sure we would have gone on to win.  Butcher may be ranting at his players for throwing away yet another lead but again he needs to accept some of the blame himself.  We should have been out of sight before the substitutions were made but bringing on Devine and messing with a defence that had been untroubled for 85 minutes made no sense at all and probably cost us the win.

What messing with the defence??. No subs made to that area, only Devine coming on to strengthen the midfield where we were starting to come under pressure. Had we won the game, that substitution would haver been viewed as correct. As someone ahs already said, it was not the timing or number of subs, just we couldn't take our chances, end of story (and a blatant penalty!)

If you look at the highlights I think you will see that I am correct.  When the break takes place OTJ is tracking back but you can see him actually look round to assess the bigger picture.  He probably sees Perez following up but, crucially, he also sees Devine in front of Perez and therefore makes the decision to follow the ball to either block the route back or to be an outlet should we gain possession.  Devine, however, seems totally oblivious of Perez and just trots back slowly letting Perez get into the danger zone at the edge of the box completely unmarked.  Warren, Meekings and G Shinnie were all doing their jobs properly (as they had done all evening) and had 3 Killie attackers closely marked.  It was only when the ball came back out that Devine seemed aware that Perez was there and as a result was too late with the challenge.  Unquestionably in my opinion, Devine was at fault for the goal.

Devine had come on for Andy Shinnie but presumably with a remit to play more defensively than Shinnie.  When we were totally dominant in the game and Kilmarnock never looked like getting close to scoring  one has to question why Butcher made such a strange substitution.  Not only should we have used subs earlier to put fresh legs up front and get a 2nd goal, Devine is a defender and was being asked to play out of position when there was a perfectly capable midfielder sitting on the bench.

Butcher can blame the players and the small crowd all he likes but if he had not made this strange late substitution, we would have won that game and perhaps gone into the Motherwell game with a bit more confidence.