Motherwell -V- ICT

Scotty

The worst thing about this is, after all the talk of wanting to finish seccond and challenge for Europe blah blah blah etc. etc. etc. C**nty are only 3 points behind us. So if we don't start winning soon second could trun to eight before we know it.

"There are 3,680 spectators watching Ross County lead St Johnstone 1-0." Taken from the BBC site.

Wonder how many are watching the dross we're serving up?? Stop whinging Butcher and give people something decent, this is so unbeliveably poor it's a joke!

"There are 3,680 spectators watching Ross County lead St Johnstone 1-0." Taken from the BBC site.

Wonder how many are watching the dross we're serving up?? Stop whinging Butcher and give people something decent, this is so unbeliveably poor it's a joke!

Errr.   our crowds were pysh when we were on our good run -  remember? 

This just make it worse.      ah well, few beers and drown the sorrows, humping Hearts next week will have to do.

Think we should drop Esson, have not won since he has played, and the defence has gone all to feck..       spoilt my weekend - again.

We haven't won all season with Esson in goals.

On the bright side, we only conceded 3 today, which is our best showing against Motherwell this season!

i was wondering why we dropped reguero.

terry did same thing when we got relegated. dropped esson for fraser for no apparent reason for last few games of season. went down

this time drops reguero plays esson ----- defeat after defeat.

not saying esson to blame but why change a winning formation??

cant see a top six finish now

watched us outplay killie in midweek but with no end product eg goals. they go to hearts today and hump them 3-0. !!!!

maybe it was the long journey through the snow that made them so bad on wednesday rather than our dazling play

didnt expect to win today anyway  having shipped 9 goals in 2 games already against motherwell. " can we play you every week " must be the motherwell fans chant

Lets blame it all on Esson! Is he the only player on the pitch!? I don't think dropping him is going to solve the problem! I think the players think they have done enough for this season and are sitting back, they need to wake up and perform in every game until the end of season!

nevermind the games, what the **** are they doing in training?

half of them have no pace and look knackered tracking back, they cant press the ball. theres no excuse for having players that arent prepared for a game of ******* football, its their ******* job regardless of how 'little" they think theyre being paid.

and theyll never earn a penny more if they dont put the work in

Edited by clacher_holiday2
  • Agree 1

We have a small squad,,and sadly the lack of numbers is catching up. We have benefitted with few injuries, but the same guys are playing all the games.

I know the argument is it is their job, and they dont play that often, however squad rotation is clearly an advantage, or else no other clubs would do it.

Lets dust ourselves down, get behind the team and management, and see if together we can get a Top 6 place.

I think too many of our players had their boots on the wrong feet today. Far too many misplaced passes and all to often we reverted to either just punting the ball forward or trying to find the impossible killer ball.

Disappointing day, I thought we were doing alright until we went a goal behind and at half time I was still fairly confident of getting back into the game but we just completely capitulated in the second half.

I even avoided knowing the score all afternoon so that I could watch it 'live' on Alba at 5.30pm. What a disappointment, a bright enough start, but we were soon found wanting. A bit like the whole season in fact. It seems that the stuffing has been knocked out of the players after losing to Hearts a month ago. We'll do well to finish above County at this rate.

No excuses, that was a load of rubbish.  Half of them seem to have lost the ability to pass the ball and look perplexed as to how to get it back.  In saying, ICT started fairly well and had some good chances.  The system and set-up that ICT had was working alright, we just hadn't had the luck up till that point.  Then Butcher's decides to change things and that was the biggest downfall of all.  Up until half time, Doran and Ross had been playing quite well on the their respective wings, with Jones and Draper marshalling the middle.  This all becomes undone for the second half when Ross is moved from wide left into next to Jones, with Doran moved to the left wing and Draper moving onto the right.  Really, I mean really?! ( :blink: - my exact face!)

The substitutions were a funny animal as well.  When I saw Sutherland coming on in the place of McKay (a player who hadn't been in the game much at all), I thought that maybe Butcher had seen sense and we'd finally see Sutherland playing his true position, as an out and out striker.  These hopes were quickly dashed when Philip Roberts started walking on behind him!  (Roberts did nothing by the way, and seems to have started a new tactic of falling over when the ball has moved just out of reach!).  The only sub I would have wanted to see was Andrew Shinnie being hooked for Pepper (who seems to have disappeared for some reason).  People can point to the fact that Andrew Shinnie had a goal disallowed and that there may have a handball in the lead up to Motherwell's second goal, as well as our penalty claim shortly after, but theses are no excuses.  We were rubbish and it could have been more.

All in all, a disappointing afternoon.

• Agree 1

Well we got off to a good start , first to the ball, pressing dangerously looking as if we were going to be in command and a bit of patience would see us score.

Goal for Well and immediate role reversal. Self belief went out the window and we chased around like headless chickens. Esson I am sorry to say is not the keeper he used to be and as captain  no definately not. Contrary to what some have said he does not command the area, he does not inspire confidence.He does on occasion bring off a smart save and deserves the applause for that. but he does not have the presence of Reguero.

Many of the players today did not come up to standard, neither did the subs. It was not all the keepers fault by any manner or means but that is certainly a root cause.

Hopefully on a positive note that the current tactics are plan F and that we are lulling the other teams into a false sense of security, get into the top six ( which we still can do) then hammer our way to second position again.

Keep the faith there is still some way to go

Come on ICT  :ictscarf: Up and at 'em again.

Keep the faith - you have to be joking - that was a complete and utter shambles, for ten minutes in the second half we looked like a primary school side chasing after the ball - it was totally embarrassing. Shure TB changed the system but feck me Draper on the wide rite - and frankly I didn't have a scoobies where the rest were playing and neither did they. I could go on and on and on. We could have been absolutely hammered.

Tactically that was totally feckin inept. The togetherness factor has well and truly disappeared. Lets hope we can hold the eleventh position !? Will be interesting to see what excuse TB comes up with today.

That will be my last away day this season - if TB wonders why people are staying away then sit in the feckin stand with the fed up faithful.

• Agree 1

We seemed to get pressed by other teams but seem incapable of doing this ourselves, that's what I seem to have observed.

Also, TB claims team were exhausted and why is what I ask myself, ok we had a game on Wed but there's nothing unusual about that is there?

And I think we are now is a mess with the goalie situation.

Finally, I suspect we will be total mince in our next game but will get the three points.

This is my longest post ever.