Butcher hits out at fans.

madsooz

I actually did a few sums (remember them Mantis :lol: ?) on this the other day and as things stand at the moment, Ross County's average home league attendance for this season is maybe something like 50 below ICT's.

Something's not right though, as just the other day we were quoted as being second lowest after Perth saints, with the cabbagemen being a couple of hundred better off......

I imagine football clubs are free to quote any figures they like. I also imagine the counters built into the turnstiles are what really matter to HMRC and these days they'll be about as difficult to 'clock' as a modern car, i.e. fairly difficult.

As for uncle Roy - I'm sure CB that you have to keep a foot in both camps and appear neutral. However I have both feet planted on the same side of the bridge and even allowing for my personal bias, it's clear that Roy has been fighting a propaganda war against ICT for many years. RCFC's crowd figures have long been a subject of ridicule amongst fans of clubs such as Partick, St Mirren, Morton and Falkirk. Although they reported 3055 against Hibernian a couple of mid weeks ago, one jailender (ok, anecdotal evidence again!) reckoned the actual attendance was about 1800.....

Edited by TheMantis
Mucked up the quote!
  • Agree 2

Mod note: I've edited the post in question - I believe it was just a geniune error in the location of the quote tag, rather than an intentional mis-quote.

And having had that explained to me by The Fly, I am happy to accept that this is the case whilst always wanting to be scurpulous about quotes. I would also say that I find quoting and posting after it a little more difficult with the present system than i did before... but that could just be my diffiuclt relationship with computers!

I actually did a few sums (remember them Mantis :lol: ?) on this the other day and as things stand at the moment, Ross County's average home league attendance for this season is maybe something like 50 below ICT's.

Something's not right though, as just the other day we were quoted as being second lowest after Perth saints, with the cabbagemen being a couple of

I would now like to amend my sums for the County average attendance in an UPWARD direction since the website I got the numbers from (footballwebpages) for some reason didn't include the Aberdeen game on 3.11.12. which had 6064. That increases County's average for 12 home games in the SPL to 4128 which is now slightly above Caley Thistle's 4017. However, as I said, ICT have had one local derby and two visits of Celtic while County have had one visit of Celtic and no local derbies so far.

So if you undertake the (OK theoretical) exercise of adding 2 x 6000 to County's total attandance and instead divide by 14, the like with like comparison is 4396 for County and 4017 for ICT.

As I said before, I am merely performing an objective numerical exercise here whilst passing no judgment or making any interpretation. However I think it is reasonable to suggest that any football club will experience some kind of extra bounce with any new situation such as joining the SPL - as both Highland clubs have already found more than once on their way up the leagues.

PS - I think I have now worked out the problem 12th man had with his earlier post using my "quotes" and it's as The Fly suggested. It seems that if you select your quotes first and then try to write your post, the system won't let you out of the "quotes" box so it's very easy actuallty to post your post as a quote from the person you are quoting and it seems that this is what has happened to 12th man. So you actually need to post first and cut quotes afterwards.

I imagine football clubs are free to quote any figures they like. I also imagine the counters built into the turnstiles are what really matter to HMRC and these days they'll be about as difficult to 'clock' as a modern car, i.e. fairly difficult.

I just need to plug a £20 cable and get a bit of software on the computer to clock mine in a couple of minutes ;)

Mind you, do they have computers in Dingwall?

Edited by The Fly

Touchy CB,  :smile:  I just clicked on quote and started typing,  I did notice the error  but didnt think it was that important to correct. 

As Caley D mentions  its all here   http://www.scotprem.com/content/default.asp?page=home_Statistics   although Ive found in the past sometimes things dont quite tally up when you look a bit deeper  

Edited by 12th Man

I just need to plug a £20 cable and get a bit of software on the computer to clock mine in a couple of minutes ;)Mind you, do they have computers in Dingwall?

Somehow I knew I was setting myself up there.......

Touchy CB,  :smile:  I just clicked on quote and started typing,  I did notice the error  but didnt think it was that important to correct. 

As Caley D mentions  its all here   http://www.scotprem.com/content/default.asp?page=home_Statistics   although Ive found in the past sometimes things dont quite tally up when you look a bit deeper  

I only ever use Safari (which lets you see the code) or Firefox (which shows you the quote in a box but, to me, is actually harder to use). I'm sure they both have alternative settings for those who care enough. By the same token, only FF lets me access smilies etc on CTO.

Apologies for going off topic.