Butcher to Swindon

caleydawson

Guest Mahonio

That Mirror article says the guys mentioned are "interested in the job", I have a feeling that isn't right.

He may be wanted by Swindon which would mean the article should read "Butcher and co are interesting Swindon" or are "in the frame".

After the Barnsley fiasco the club issued a statement  to say that Terry had made a commitment to stay at the club till the end of of this contract - which is the end of next season.  If any other club does come sniffing I would expect the Board to tell then to feck off in no uncertain terms.  Should the Board give permission for Terry to speak to any other club that would signal to me that there is a mutual agreement that his contract be terminated early.  I certainly don't expect that to happen.  I therefore feel that any speculation that he might be a target for any other job should simply be ignored as it only serves to undermine the unity and sense of purpose (the togetherness) that the club needs to maintain in order to finish as high as possible in what is an incredibly tight league.

Had a wander through the net to find any news on Terry and Swindon and found this insightful piece of journalism and some interesting comments as well in the Swindon Advertiser from the 21st. Terry too old school indeed. :laugh:

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/swindontown/news/10241173.Former_England_captain_interested_in_Town_job/

It's always interesting reading comments from other fans in articles like this or on club forums. It's incredible just how little regard many have for Scottish football!

If only it was.  What annoys me is the 'anyone can do well coz its only Scottish football' comments. Might as well say anyone can win the EPL as there is a lot of money for teams. Being in an underfunded league doesnt mean financial equality.

• Agree 1

Its deluded for those fans to believe they have a big club, it may have more finance than ICT, but being honest in terms of English football Swindon is a small club, if TB moves it would be for a club that at least has EPL potential - the Barnsley situation showed that IMO. Are Swansea not the team where the ex-manager Di Canio paid 30k of his own money to fund loan players salaries - hardly a club with a sure financial footing.

Edited by bdu98196

Its deluded for those fans to believe they have a big club, it may have more finance than ICT, but being honest in terms of English football Swindon is a small club, if TB moves it would be for a club that at least has EPL potential - the Barnsley situation showed that IMO. Are Swansea not the team where the ex-manager Di Canio paid 330k of his own money to fund loan players salaries - hardly a club with a sure financial footing.

Maybe that might change now Swindon have a new board which will in turn bring in new investment. Swindon are a club that have had their financial issue in the past such as the last time they were in the Championship so should really learn from previous mistakes.

Is it true that some fans abuse Terry at matches???? If so it is pathetic. He has done amazing, he is such a nice guy and we are soooo lucky to have him. When he goes we will realise how important he was. If you do abuse him please stop