ICT -V- Dundee Utd

Scotty

We'll need to play better than that against County.  Tonight was 2 pretty evenly matched sides with Utd just edging it for me.  A fair bit passing it across the pitch and running across the pitch, then stopping and running back from where they had just come from.  Nothing like the penetration of earlier in the season.  Often seemed rather devoid of ideas.  There's a nervousness about the play which they need to get out their system.  Not the performance of a team that is 2nd in the league - which is why we aren't 2nd in the league any more.  Just glad not to have lost, I guess.

I've never been particularly impressed by A Shinnie but I felt he was the best in midfield / attack by a country mile tonight.  Devine and Meekings looked solid at the back

As said, a really entertaining game I thought, with some good football being played by both teams. First half I thought we were slightly the better, but didn't create any clear cut chances. Nor did they.

They came into it more in the second half, and Daly had a clear header to put them ahead..but missed. Shinnie had a similar chance at the other end. That was it really in terms of clear cut chances.

Devine made two outstanding challenges, and was a well deserved MOTM. Meekings wasn't far behind. I have to give credit where it's due as well...I thought Willo Flood was outstanding. Everything comes through him, he breaks up play brilliantly, and his passing was near enough perfect all night.

thought it was a decent 0-0. both teams played some nice football but little cutting edge in the last third.

man of the match for me was willo flood. always had space and tidied up and distributed the ball well.

smart move by utd making us play towards north stand in first half. anything that maybe put your opponents off their stride -- do it.

we do like playing towards the home end 2nd half

thought doran had a couple of chances to have a pot at goal but seemed to want a steadying extra touch and the chance was gone.

a shock cellic getting beat but fair doos to motherwell for getting the 3 points.

only 6 points between 2nd and 9th.

county have shown put a run together and top six is there for any of these teams, here's hoping we are one of them that make it

• Agree 1

I thought we just shaded it by clear chances but our finishing was weak.  Andy Shinnie is clearly a better player than the rest, but he lacks that killer pace that the top players have.  Aaron Doran flatters to deceive and Billy ran his little heart out.  Nick Ross had his most effective game for weeks as did Meekings and Devine and G Shinnie.  Draper gets pass marks and so would Jones, if he would get his finger out.  Esson.........a spectator for most of the game again, but did what he had to do in impeccable fashion and his block was adequate.

0-0...........not the result we wanted, but not the worst result.

Our 12th draw of the season, more than any other team.

and only 6 defeats .... less than any other team except Celtic ... County close behind with just 7 defeats

• Agree 1

If you mean  the main club  shop well no one was queuing here by kick off. If you mean the serveries then yes the queues were massive and they ran out of food. However given the poor attendance at the Killie game I would imagine guessing how many to cook for is difficult tbh.

One of the more entertaining 0-0 draws ive seen. Was end to end at times. Would be fair to say United had the better in the 2nd half but both teams passed up great chances to go ahead. I was impressed by Stuart Armstrong. He added the edge to their play when he came on...though his finishing was pretty woeful.

Agreed that Andy Shinnie had a great game, covered every blade of grass and looked our most likely way of getting a goal. Defensively was where we looked at our best though. For 2 lads barely in their 20's Devine and Meekings had a great game. Their reading of the game was excellent, some of the interceptions and tackles were top notch. If Devine carries on like this i hope there is a new contract for him at the end of the season. Thought OTJ's distribution was great from midfield too, picked out some great passes.

The table lies when it comes to quality of teams this season, United are still a great side and a 0-0 draw with them in my opinion is still a really good result.

Hope we find that extra 10% for Saturday, we are going to need it as there is all to play for in this derby. Having Foran and Warren back will be key, cant wait for Saturday.

Foran might well be key for the derby, his height is something we've missed and along with Warren should terrify the wheels off county at set pieces. I thought our passing was exceptional at times last night, and there looked to be times in the first half that united could barely live with it. It's amazing how quickly teams shut OTJ down now if he gets the ball anywhere in their half. Devine and Andrew Shinie were exceptional for me - if we ever have the makings of milion pound players at the club, they have that potential. Happy with that point and roll on Saturday. 

• Agree 2

I thought we played alright, living a bit dangerously at the though!  As others have said, Danny Devine was very good, as was Meekings and Jones.  Ross was good in the first half, but didn't seem as in it as much in the second.  Doran doesn't have much in the way of a final ball and is often guilty of taking a couple of touches too many, particularly when the ball came to him in the box in the second half - he took an extra touch to stop, when he should have just rifled it home.  The one thing I thought we were a bit guilty of was not pressing the United defence enough.  I'd rather see us get more up and at him as it was on Saturday at Hearts.

It'll be interesting to see what Butcher does with the defence for Saturday.  I presume Foran will replace Ross up top, and almost certainly Warren will come back in.  Who will drop out though?  Can't see him dropping Raven and moving Meekings to the right, so I wonder if he'll go with Devine, who's had two great games in a row, and drop Meekings to the bench, as opposed to going with the regular partnership.  We'll have to wait and see.

Edited by Renegade

One of my rare appearances at a midweek game at TCS and pretty entertaining for a 0-0 as many people have said. Thought we shaded the first half and had the bulk of the chances in the second, although some of yenitit's passing was Barcelonaesque in the final half hour. Willo Flood is like a wee waif but he doesn't half have an impact.

Devine MoM, Shinniesta covered the whole park without really finding a moment of inspiration to win the match. Meekings did well considering he played virtually the whole match with a booking.

McKay and Draper both had headers straight at the keeper when they had the whole of the goal to aim at. I'm sure there was another identical chance too.

Can't believe Macnamara is moaning about deserving the three points. Maybe he will be the new Jefferies.

The effort from Daly didn't look over the line to me and in the North Stand I was certainly closer than the away dugout. Haven't seen any replays yet so I stand to be corrected.