It was true!

https://twitter.com/benrileysmith/status/508352921055272960/photo/1

Yes 47% +4

No 46% -3

Don't Know 7% -1

Excluding Don't knows

Yes 51% +4

No 49% -4

Now watch the offers to do something for us so they can hold onto the oil tax revenues, the Scottish export figures and the Trident parking space come thick and fast! Wonder who will be first to tender!

But I hope everyone bears in mind, offers/promises from Westminster are always as little as they can get off with, or are ignored completely when they get their way, as in 1979.........and once we vote NO...we will be perceived to have acquiesced to  everything they do to us in future.

After all, haven't they had two years, at least, to come up with something useful, having decided to forbid the Devo-max option in the referendum.....but true to form, they offer sops, then, as in 1979, at the last minutes, weigh in with a promise they will do something AFTER we vote NO......having proven with regular monotony in the past, that we can't trust a Westminster politician as far as we can throw them. If they are so desperate to keep us, it is because it is to their benefit, not ours...and you all know that.

Edited by Oddquine
  • Agree 2

The thing is, a lot of NO-inclined people are demotivated, and embarrassed, by the utterly inept campaign that has been run for them. Shambles from start to finish.

Milliband has come out with another belter for tomorrow https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/508352769502502912/photo/1

Edited by Ayeseetee

frankie boyle said on bbc one earlier:

"A unionist is someone who believes two small similar countries should unite together as one, unless those two countries are Ireland"

Ouch

Edited by Ayeseetee
  • Agree 1

The thing is, a lot of NO-inclined people are demotivated, and embarrassed, by the utterly inept campaign that has been run for them. Shambles from start to finish.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/mps-10-payrise-says-commons-4177390

If that doesn't make you vote yes nothing will  :amazed:

**** up the UK then ask for a pay rise the cheek

Edited by Ayeseetee

Couldn't agree more.  There is a strong case for remaining within the Union but the Better Together campaign has been inept in just about every aspect of getting that message across.  I think they never believed the vote would be close and so didn't need to bother with a well thought through strategy.  As a result they have been out-manoeuvred on just about everything.  I'll post a bit more on this if I can find the time, but just one example for now.

The YES campaign have adopted the Scottish flag on which to over-lay the word "YES" for it's posters and stickers.  The No campaign is using some maroon background or whatever that has no bearing whatsoever to Scotland.  Why on earth did they not simply use the Scottish Flag as well?  The (not very) subliminal message here is a that a YES vote is a vote for Scotland and a no vote isn't.  What the NO campaign is actually saying is that Scotland is better off remaining in the Union and therefore if you want the best future for Scotland, you should vote NO.  Using the Saltire would not only have helped get that message across, it would also have prevented the YES campaign benefiting from folk equating pride in the Scottish flag with a presumption that they should be voting YES. 

They'll be able to afford it if the Scottish MPs b*gger off North of the Border.

They'll be able to afford it if the Scottish MPs b*gger off North of the Border.

If we cost them so much money why are they frantically trying to keep us together?

• Agree 2

Steady, true colors showing there. :redcard:

• Agree 1

It was true!

Yes 47% +4

No 46% -3

Don't Know 7% -1

Excluding Don't knows

Yes 51% +4

No 49% -4

Now watch the offers to do something for us so they can hold onto the oil tax revenues, the Scottish export figures and the Trident parking space come thick and fast! Wonder who will be first to tender!

But I hope everyone bears in mind, offers/promises from Westminster are always as little as they can get off with, or are ignored completely when they get their way, as in 1979.........and once we vote NO...we will be perceived to have acquiesced to  everything they do to us in future.

After all, haven't they had two years, at least, to come up with something useful, having decided to forbid the Devo-max option in the referendum.....but true to form, they offer sops, then, as in 1979, at the last minutes, weigh in with a promise they will do something AFTER we vote NO......having proven with regular monotony in the past, that we can't trust a Westminster politician as far as we can throw them. If they are so desperate to keep us, it is because it is to their benefit, not ours...and you all know that.

According to the rules, any new offers have to be made 28 days before poll. Since some folk have already voted (postal), it would surely invalidate their vote.

:slapme:  Forgot to put the :tongueincheek: smiley on but let me explain.

My remark was simply based on the supposition that if there is a YES vote, then come independence, MPs representing Scottish consituencies will no longer be able to sit in the Westmisnster Parliament (which is South of the border) and therefore they will "b*gger off North of the Border".  They will no longer receive their salaries and the joke was that this money divided up amongst the remaining MPs will broadly pay for the 10% rise.  I know jokes are best never explained - but it was a joke!

It was true!

Yes 47% +4

No 46% -3

Don't Know 7% -1

Excluding Don't knows

Yes 51% +4

No 49% -4

According to the rules, any new offers have to be made 28 days before poll. Since some folk have already voted (postal), it would surely invalidate their vote.

Apparently Darling has commented on the poll saying it is a "wake up call"!  It rather reinforces what Yngwie and I were saying above about the ineptness of the "Better Together" leadership.  Has he only just realised that the polls do not show 65/35 in favour of the Union?

:slapme:  Forgot to put the :tongueincheek: smiley on but let me explain.

My remark was simply based on the supposition that if there is a YES vote, then come independence, MPs representing Scottish consituencies will no longer be able to sit in the Westmisnster Parliament (which is South of the border) and therefore they will "b*gger off North of the Border".  They will no longer receive their salaries and the joke was that this money divided up amongst the remaining MPs will broadly pay for the 10% rise.  I know jokes are best never explained - but it was a joke!

It is funny, in a UKIP kind of way.

Gotta love that they are only just offering more powers now..... I wonder if scotland will trust the tory's to deliver?

I hope our reply will be something along these lines of     :fingers:   :tosser:

Edited by Ayeseetee

Gotta love that they are only just offering more powers now.....

Not quite true. From 6 months ago:  http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-26567029

still too little too late for me!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-29100037

It seems the rest of the uk wants the same powers they are going to offer scotland that might put a dent in westminsters plans.

My girlfriend came over to stay last night - but her 'gay friend' (Gary) from her work seemed to be tagging along. No problem with that; no harm and a good craic!

After a good few drinks, the conversation inevitably turned to the referendum.

Now, I know that she's not that into politics,so I was encouraged when she disappeared upstairs to the bedroom 'to talk referendum politics' with Gary.

Not sure what he was telling her, but my god, she's certainly made her mind up, as all I heard was 'Yes!, Yes!, Yes!'