SPL Fans United

dougiedanger

Not sure if this is the correct forum for this, but seems to be of direct interest to ICT.

http://www.splfansunited.com

Welcome to SPL Fans United.
Posted on March 4, 2013

The purpose of this campaign is very straight forward.
NO MORE

NO MORE

We believe that the Scottish Football Association is not fit for purpose and it is time for SPL fans to tell their clubs that the SFA as a sports regulator has failed totally.

The SFA should be torn down and rebuilt or the SPL should ask the SFA for permission to merge with a league in another country.

UEFA has intimated that it is willing to look at changing the footballing map of Europe and our clubs who comprise the top flight in Scotland must be alive to those possibilities.

The way Rangers demise was handled by the SFA showed gross incompetence and not for the first time. Rangers were not the problem last year it was the way the SFA handled the situation. That club went bust, but the SFA lacked the courage and moral fibre to do the correct thing for the good of the Scottish game as a whole. Basically the SFA are incompetent!

The SPL is dying on its feet because of the SFA’s failure to properly nurture and promote the Scottish game in general and its showcase league in particular. We are now in a position that Aberdeen the last Scottish club to win a European trophy-cannot financially compete with Bournemouth for Ryan Fraser’s signature. This position of the SPL in Scotland is now untenable.

We as fans must also ask the question. What is the point of any league reconstruction when the game will still be under the mismanagement of the same SFA?

Fans of many SPL clubs are angry not at the Nimmo Smith judgment but that the outcome was decided by the SFA’s evidence. A decade of “deliberately non-disclosed payments” did not mean players were ineligible according to the SFA. Stewart Regan has now asked for people to “move on” yet the SFA are the appellant body if the SPL would appeal that deliberation. So the Chief Executive of the SFA has already prejudiced that.

We also have the problem of President Ogilvie. Any association worth their salt would have asked Mr Ogilvie to take gardening leave but the SFA did not. He is now seeking re-election with Mr Regan backing him.

Mr Turnbull Hutton said on the steps of Hampden that the game in Scotland was corrupt it is also incompetently run. Many SPL fans feel-after the LNS judgement that the league was rigged for a decade and there has been no real justice, many fans may just walk away and take their money with them.

The No To Newco campaign last year showed that the SPL clubs that they have to listen to their fans. We believe the SPL must now engage with their fans. The SPL clubs as a whole must state that they believe the SFA is not fit for purpose.

The time for task force reports and reform is over.

The SFA under Regan was the last chance and that opportunity was lost amid the Rangers shambles.

The SPL for the good of the whole Scottish game must seek a new environment to play in.

Sticking with the current SFA is the road to ruin. So help us push for change and be part of the future.

The SPL need to look for a new home.

SPL Fans United!

Scottish football has become far too political these days. What's happened with Rangers has happened, let them get on with it in division 3. They are irrelevant to the SPL now. Merging the governing bodies is a key factor to the reconstruction for me. I don't understand why we need to unite against the SFA. It ridiculous, we are trying to save Scottish football and not making it a laughing stock - even though it has been for a while.

Yes all too true football now is all about the politics and every agenda seems to revert back to the fans hatred of Rangers. Time to move on and get back to football. I agree there is a desperate need for an overhaul at the top and people put in place that can steer the Scottish game in the right direction.

I dream of a day when, as fans, we can get back to not having to worry about the direction that football is being steered in.

Could you imagine it, heading along to games at 3pm on a Saturday where your only worry was the happenings on the pitch and then heading off to the pub to discuss the performance of the players and not whether some conspiracy is behind every little thing that takes place in the game!!!

That original statement is quite funny really. I did wonder who they were when I saw reference to them on the BBC website, but quickly got the message that they were a third division pressure group for a new club that is trying to establish it's own identity. Oh wait...............

I could have sworn that the SPL had its own rules and constitution. Is it true that the criteria for membership of SPL Fans United involves supporting a Govan based team?

No, I would not say that interpretation is accurate.  :blink:

So why, when we are disbanding the current SPL to form a league structure involving an amalgamation of SPL and SFL, does this group go by the name SPL Fans United? And why target the SFA? The body whose only real role is to police the laws of the game in Scotland. Ah wait now!!! The SFA policed the laws of the game and their detective work unearthed breaches of those laws so they tried and convicted the perpetrators.