Well I'd go with something like -

???/Esson

Raven Meekings Warren Shinnie

Foran Draper

Doran Vincent Greenhalgh/Evans

McKay

Bench: (GK), Ross, Greenhalgh/Evans, Hooman, Devine, Pepper, Allen, Watkins

One too many on the bench mate Actually I just realised, never mind! :s

Greenhalgh/Evans means one of them to play and one on bench. If u don't mean that then how many subs are we allowed?

Todays P&J suggests that we are in the market for one more player, a goalkeeper, and that TB has identified who he wants to sign and is awaiting a response.

Sounds like the squad we currently have will be pretty much be the squad we start the season with. Given that we have used the loan system over the last few years I would expect a couple of loanees to come on board to supplement numbers

I would much rather us sign younger players with potential who have no SPL experience than has beens from bottom six SPL teams just because they have SPL experience

We have retained about 95% of our team from last year and we can all agree that last year was a very successful campaign ergo 95% of our team have SPL experience. Do we need more?

I'm more than happy to supplement that with players from down south with no SPL experience.

• Agree 3

I think it would be safe to assume that our starting line-up will be something along the lines of:

ESSON

RAVEN  MEEKINGS   WARREN   SHINNIE

DRAPER   FORAN

A.N.OTHER                              DORAN

A.N.OTHER

McKAY

81.8% with SPL experience. Not quite the 95% I suggested but my point stands, we will have a starting line up will a very high percentage of players having SPL experience.

The way people are banging on about signing players with SPL experience you would think that the SPL was some amazing league full of technically gifted players and superstars :ponder:

• Agree 1

Unless we sign another striker i reckon Foran will be getting used as more of an attacker this season.

Atm i would go with

Esson

Raven, Meekings, Warren, Shinnie

Doran, Vincent, Draper, Watkins

Foran, McKay

Unless we sign another striker i reckon Foran will be getting used as more of an attacker this season.

Atm i would go with

Esson

Raven, Meekings, Warren, Shinnie

Doran, Vincent, Draper, Watkins

Foran, McKay

Move Foran back and put Allen up with McKay.

I seem to recollect Butcher saying that one of the things we was wanting was a big striker for McKay to feed off (Allen's not that big I believe).  I wonder if that means we'll be seeing a different formation more next season and with Jones away, I wonder if a 4-4-2 diamond will be the main set-up for next season.

I think it would be safe to assume that our starting line-up will be something along the lines of:

ESSON

RAVEN  MEEKINGS   WARREN   SHINNIE

DRAPER   FORAN

A.N.OTHER                              DORAN

A.N.OTHER

McKAY

Presumably, Vincent will directly replace Andrew Shinnie, as he's an attacking midfielder I believe.  Doran's more likely to be on the right I'd have thought with Williams, Greenhalgh or Watkins (all left-sided wingers; or both sides in Watkins' case).

It's interesting to see that most people have suggested Doran will play on the wing. 

I wouldn't be surprised to see him tried in the Andy Shinnie role during pre-season especially if all our new wingers show potential.

I do think however, that Foran will be played deeper this season and Vincent may well be a squad player. His goal scoring record doesn't suggest that he'll be up to replacing Shinnie's goal scoring from last season. He may well be a deeper lying midfielder but i'm yet to see him play.

In reality, 'only' 16 of our signed players, from a squad of 25 have played any SPL... = 56% !!  

*64%

Well picked up, Sir! In my mind, I wasn't going to count Cooper or Polworth. that would have been 14 from 25 = 56%. But then I messed up!

Its almost as is Terry has been reading these pages.

Article in today's P&J regarding trying to sign Scottish or Scotland based players:

"I would have loved to have signed Scottish players and Scotland-based players. The ones available, such as Willo Flood and Gregg Wylde, were well outside our pay scale and we cant get near them."

"I can sense that our supporters want more Scottish players, I would as well. It is something we cannot do with the money we are paying. Other Scottish players would not touch us, we have to be realistic"

"We have signed some young Scottish players such as Ryan Christie, Liam Polworth and Matthew Cooper who will be in the first-team squad and who will have learned a lot from last year as well."

Whilst we would all rather more Scottish players in the team it is simply not feasible given our wage structure. Personally I fully understand and accept this and have no problem where Terry sees fit to source our incoming transfers.

• Agree 2

The official site has updated the squad details for the coming season, interesting to see that we have 26 in our first team squad. Clearly a few will be predominantly if not entirely U20 squad players but still a decent sized pool of players.

Back up GK and maybe a loan signing or 2 to add some competition and were pretty much there. Cant say I ever remember a time when we were so well organised going into pre-season. Impressive close season work

1.            Allen, Curtis

2.           Cheyne, Jay

3.           Christie, Ryan

4.            Cooper, Matthew

5.            Devine, Daniel

6.            Doran, Aaron

7.            Draper, Ross

8.            Esson, Ryan

9.            Evans, Adam

10.          Ferguson, Calum

11.          Foran, Richie

12.          Gorman, Joe

13.         Greenhalgh, Ben

14.         Hooman, Harry

15.          Mckay, Billy

16.         Meekings, Josh

17.         Pepper, Conor

18.          Polworth, Liam

19.         Raven, David

20.         Ross, Nick

21.          Shinnie, Graeme

22.         Taylor, Charlie

23.         Vincent, James

24.         Warren, Gary

25.         Watkins, Marley

26.         Williams, Danny

Further confirmation in today's local press that a back up keeper will be the last permanent transfer we will be making this summer. However Terry has indicated that using the loan market has not been ruled out but that any loan would be conducted closer to the end of the transfer window