The "Signed Up For Next Season" Thread

Renegade

Im still here, i didnt hate Hastings, i had one Corkies fueled rant at his inability to run and pass at the same time and politely asked him to return from where he came

Feck off back to Canada, aye those were the days.........

It's funny isn't it?  When Raven first started, almost everyone (myself included) thought he was trash!  Now he's one of our most consistent players!
i always backed him i said he would get an England call up, you just wait
Hes still trash

Im still here, i didnt hate Hastings, i had one Corkies fueled rant at his inability to run and pass at the same time and politely asked him to return from where he came

Feck off back to Canada, aye those were the days.........

Indeed, a classic moment.

But can you imagine the uproar if the player in question had been from, say, Pakistan?  :blink::lol:

• Agree 1

Id like this to be the squad for next season.....

Goalkeepers.............Esson, Reguero, Mathieson

Defenders.............Raven, Meekings, Warren, Devine, Hogg, Cooper, Shinnie, (resign Taylor if not another left back)

Central Midfielders......................Tudur Jones, Draper, Shinnie, Laing, Ross and Polworth 

Wingers.............Doran, Foran and Greenlaigh (Ross can play there as well)

Strikers..........McKay, Sutherland, Pepper and sign a top quality striker

Edited by DanielICT

So as things stand:

Signed up till the end of season 2013-14:

• Ryan Esson
  • Richie Foran
  • Ross Draper
  • Conor Pepper

(Butcher and Malpas are also in this category)

Signed up till the end of season 2014-15:

• Josh Meekings 
  • Nick Ross  
  • Gary Warren
  • Graeme Shinnie
  • Billy McKay

Joining next season:

• Ben Greenhalgh

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The following players are out of contract at the end of this season:

• Andrew Shinnie
  • David Raven
  • Owain Tudur Jones
  • Antonio Reguero
  • Simon King
  • Daniel Devine
  • Aaron Doran
  • Shane Sutherland
  • Gavin Morrison
  • Chris Hogg

Loan deals expire at the end of this season:

• Charlie Taylor
  • Philip Roberts
  • Jordan Gibbons

Deals unknown:

• Scott Mathieson
  • Martin Laing
  • Liam Polworth
  • Matthew Cooper

*Butcher confirms in his interview about Draper and McKay signing new deals that Pepper is also signed up for next season.

Edited by Renegade

I wonder who'll be next then?  Nothing much from Reguero since he said he wanted to stay in December and I haven't really heard anything about the likes of OTJ, Hogg or King.  I wonder actually if Butcher will look to keep King due to the fact he's a left sided centre back (like him!) and there's not many of them around.  I also have read that Andrew Shinnie will decide at the end of the season.

I reckon Doran will probably be the next one signed up after he was saying in the media that he was wanting to stick around.

Yes, great players are signing up to stay longer. But...football seems to run differently from any other normal business. Any 'contract' a player signs can easily be 'broken' by another employer coming in and taking them. This euphoria, celebrating players/managers signing deals is ill informed. Just because a certain player has signed until 2015 doesn't mean he'll be playing for the club until then. Money talks, it's that simple. The days of having the same guy at right-back for 6 seasons are long gone. Nowadays its one season mercenaries or loanees. If, Billy McKay got offered the chance to treble his salary at say, Huddersfield, he would go, contracted to Inverness or not. Sorry if this comes over as negative, but I get constantly annoyed at people thinking that footballers' 'contracts' actually mean anything, other than to themselves.