The "Signed Up For Next Season" Thread

Renegade

I know but they offered him a contract, he rejected it

He hasn't rejected it (as far as we know), he's just in talks with Killie.

The fact he's big friends with Borja Perez is probably a defining factor for him going there as well I reckon.

Big Terry confirmed he has agreed a 2 year deal :/

I've not seen that anywhere.  The closest was from the other day where it said he was "close to agreeing with them".

Other places seem to suggest he will be away, just hasn't signed....yet.

Edited by Renegade

I've not seen that anywhere.  The closest was from the other day where it said he was "close to agreeing with them".

Other places seem to suggest he will be away, just hasn't signed....yet.

Read todays press and Journal!

• Agree 1

at least at Kilmarnock he will get 1st team football, unlike at us where he would effectively be number 2.

And if Killie somehow manage to persuade Cammie Bell to stay? BBC said on Sunday that there were talks...

Delighted about Doran, has worked his erse off every game this season, if he can add more goals to his game he has the potential to become a top player. 

• Agree 3

I don't see what the problem is, if Toni leaves, he leaves, doesn't make any difference if he was offered a good deal or not, at least at Kilmarnock he will get 1st team football, unlike at us where he would effectively be number 2.

He is replaceable anyway, some people just like to have a girn at nothing!!!

Why would he be number two? He has been more reliable than Ryan this season and has barring a couple of games after the cup exit been 1st choice. I'm not having a 'girn' about nothing, we have a talented player who wants to play at ICT next year but who is being sidelined in favour of someone who hasn't been as good.

• Agree 2

Guest Mahonio

If he "wanted to he here next season" then surely he would have signed a new deal so he obviously doesn't "want to play for us".

Maybe I was harsh to say "people like to have a girn at nothing" but I still have faith in Oor Tel finding a replacement, so I am not worried at Toni edging closer to exit door.

Guest Mahonio

Who's left to be signed up on new deals, I only know that David Raven and Owain Tudur Jones are in talks with Tel?

Looks like togetherNess is working well :smile: nearly all signed and still a good chance of Reguero being with us for a while yet.

I believe he will become first choice next season, he has developed well since joining us and continues to improve with every game he plays, his handling and positioning skills are first rate, he is brave and exudes confidence to the defence. A little more flexibility going down to the corners when he dives is required but he is a big lad which low balls can pose problems for but he even seems to be working well on that area. He will become a class act under the TB+ regime, who at the moment seem to be just keeping him in check not letting him think of himself as one of these Billy big boots!

After Doran that really just leaves Raven and OTJ, Reguero is all but definitely gone and unless we see a real U turn i dont see Shinniesta signing up either. It still leaves us a great team to build on for next season and we already have Greenhalgh coming in.

Hope Hogg gets given another year. He has made tremendous strides to get even this far just now. Dont see King or Shane being retained, think their spaces could go to better use.

So as things stand:

Signed up till the end of season 2013-14:

• Ryan Esson
  • Richie Foran
  • Ross Draper
  • Conor Pepper

(Butcher and Malpas are also in this category)

Signed up till the end of season 2014-15:

• Josh Meekings 
  • Nick Ross  
  • Gary Warren
  • Graeme Shinnie
  • Billy McKay
  • Daniel Devine

Joining next season:

• Ben Greenhalgh

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The following players are out of contract at the end of this season:

• Andrew Shinnie
  • David Raven
  • Owain Tudur Jones
  • Antonio Reguero
  • Simon King
  • Aaron Doran
  • Shane Sutherland
  • Gavin Morrison
  • Chris Hogg

Loan deals expire at the end of this season:

• Charlie Taylor
  • Philip Roberts
  • Jordan Gibbons

Deals unknown:

• Scott Mathieson
  • Martin Laing
  • Liam Polworth
  • Matthew Cooper

A wee update for Renegade's list. I found out that 'keeper Mathieson is only contracted until the end of the season. From this link:

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/scott-mathieson/profil/spieler_193093.html

Keep all squad together. I would re sign Charlie Taylor and Phillip Roberts. Undecided on Gibbons as only seen him in one U20.

Sorry but are you genuine.? Roberts is the most Pish player we've ever had.