The "Signed Up For Next Season" Thread

Renegade

Can we assume Greenhalgh is a direct replacement for Shinnie or someone like Shane or Gav

I'd imagine he'd be a squad player as opposed to a direct replacement for Shinnie. He's not played any higher than non-league in England so SPL will be a step-up for him - although we just need to look at Gary Warren to see that it can be bridged! That said, he's currently playing a couple of levels lower than Warren was when he came to us.

This hasn't been done for a while, so just an update following confirmation Andrew Shinnie won't be with us next season. Credit to Renegade for this list...this is a blatant copy-and-paste steal from me!

So as things stand:

Signed up till the end of season 2013-14:

•Ryan Esson
•Richie Foran
•Ross Draper
•Conor Pepper

(Butcher and Malpas are also in this category)

Signed up till the end of season 2014-15:

•Josh Meekings
•Nick Ross 
•Gary Warren
•Graeme Shinnie
•Billy McKay
•Daniel Devine
•David Raven

Joining next season ?

•Ben Greenhalgh
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The following players are out of contract at the end of this season:

•Owain Tudur Jones
•Antonio Reguero
•Simon King
•Aaron Doran
•Shane Sutherland
•Gavin Morrison
•Chris Hogg
•Scott Mathieson

Loan deals expire at the end of this season:

•Charlie Taylor
•Philip Roberts
•Jordan Gibbons

Deals unknown:

• Matin Laing
  • Kyle Whyte
  • Ryan Christie
  • Matthew Cooper
  • Liam Polworth
Edited by Sneckboy

I am getting a little nervous about Doran. There was talk between him and ICT.  Not heard much for a few weeks.  He's just such an important player for us, we really need to get it sorted as he needs replacement if not.

Obvioulsy I hope Doran stays, but is he goes then there is a chance for Pepper, also with Shinniesta going - its time for Nick to step up with it being a make or break season for him IMO. These are two guys who know how we play and could slot in.

There's been a tip-off recently at the Renegade Rumour Headquarters that Doran could be County-bound.  Anyone else heard this?

It's been the talk over here since about January/February. I can't see it happening but interesting that he's still not signed a new deal with ICT yet.

I'm worried.  We had a good flurry of players signing up for next season but its dried up whilst others have confirmed their exit.  We have a lot of players out of contract at the end of the season and we need more signing up soon.  Of course, our scouts down South may do wonders again and sign up players at least as good as those who don't want to stay but we currently have a good squad who are capable of becoming a very good team and building on what has been acheived this year.  It may be that some are keeping their options open until they know if we win a European place, but if we lose the likes of Doran I think we could find ourselves struggling next season.

I'd say only Doran was crucial.  I'd like Jones but feel Foran could take his place quite readily.  Of course that means another Foran then...there's no-one else essential for the team, even though I'd like to see King and Cooper (if he's out of contract) stay.

With so many in key positions signed up for next season, I'm less concerned at who goes out of the rest. Change is needed, as form generally over the past two months has shown and we need to give guys like Pepper a proper chance at some point or help move them on. 

Personally I'd like to try a grafter/ball winner & foot on the ball/passer combination in midfield (it served Pele well for years) and we don't have that currently with the options we have.

We need to get back to being able to give our front men some service as this has almost completed dried up lately. Stop these directionless long ball clearances missing out midfield, I want to see us back to quick passes into Billy's feet again and he'll put them away. 

Edited by Bluesman

Do as things stand now:

Signed up till the end of season 2013-14:

• Ryan Esson
  • Richie Foran
  • Ross Draper
  • Conor Pepper

(Butcher and Malpas are also in this category)

Signed up till the end of season 2014-15:

• Josh Meekings 
  • Nick Ross  
  • Gary Warren
  • Graeme Shinnie
  • Billy McKay
  • Daniel Devine
  • David Raven

Joining next season:

• Ben Greenhalgh
  • Danny Williams

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The following players are out of contract at the end of this season:

• Owain Tudur Jones
  • Simon King
  • Aaron Doran
  • Shane Sutherland
  • Gavin Morrison
  • Chris Hogg
  • Scott Mathieson
  • Martin Laing

Loan deals expire at the end of this season:

• Charlie Taylor

Deals unknown:

• Liam Polworth
  • Matthew Cooper

Leaving the building:

• Andrew Shinnie
  • Antonio Reguero

Already gone:

• Philip Roberts
  • Jordan Gibbons

Latest developments/changes in bold.

Edited by Renegade

While I would be delighted if both Dorans and Tudor Jones commit, whatever happens we have secured many more core members of the squad than we did last season and we will not be faced with wholesale changes like last year.

We are certainly in a better position than our near neighbours who have, as I understand it, only one of their first team squad signed up for next season as things stand.

scrape from tel's post match interview bbc sport. off to doncaster ??? who is the guy evans from burnley, anyone know

Meanwhile, Butcher said speculation linking him with the manager's job at Doncaster Rovers was "just speculation" and confirmed Inverness's interest in Burnley midfielder Adam Evans.

"We've had Adam Evans up and we're looking at him," explained Butcher.

"We're looking at quite a few players so we're already building for next year.

• 2 weeks later...

As I said earlier in the thread, for someone who said a couple of months ago that "he couldn't understand why anyone would leave ICT", Aaron Doran is taking a heck of a long time to sign up.  I wonder if the County rumours are true after all, but he doesn't to announce it till after the game on Sunday.

Edited by Renegade

I believe Doran and a few others will be staying. The actual signing of contracts usually needs a number of people around the table. Manager, Player, Agent etc. Getting them all together is often the stumbling block. Football agents are busy people, some have other business's to run in far flung parts of the country, some may just hold out in the hope they can find another interested party that will boost their incomes. At the end of the day though it will happen. And if it doesn't we will still produce a squad for next season.

We have to bear in mind that many of our players havent been with us that long and have relocated from down South, some like Doran are still young and while many will suggest that these players look to move for money, we don't know their personal circumstances regarding family, GF's, wives etc and in some cases these may be significant factors too.