The "Signed Up For Next Season" Thread

Renegade

Todays P&J is reporting that MK Dons had scouts up at the weekend watching Doran. With him still to sign a new deal it is a little worrying that clubs are sniffing about. He had a good game on Saturday other than a couple of wayward shots. Still a very important player for us and one which we could really do with signing up to a new deal asap

Nah Alex, if you want to go to a real good beerfest with loads of locals instead of millions of Yanks and Japanese tourists you have to go to the Gaubodenfest at Straubing, which is about 100 miles north-east of Munich. It is always around the 15th of August, so you can also do the Oktoberfest later :happy: .

Todays P&J is reporting that MK Dons had scouts up at the weekend watching Doran. With him still to sign a new deal it is a little worrying that clubs are sniffing about. He had a good game on Saturday other than a couple of wayward shots. Still a very important player for us and one which we could really do with signing up to a new deal asap

I was speaking to one of the M K Dons boys (he seemed on his own) and he was talking about Johnny Russell and MacKay-Steven and never mentioned Aaron 

Shane leaving as well. Posted on instagram, "just been told that 6 years at inverness coming to an end on Sunday. Time for fresh challenge."

Never got a fair crack imo, and was persisted with as wide player, a position he never looked comfortable. Good luck to the boy. His goal against Celtic was his defining moment.

Hoggy has confirmed on twitter that he is away too. Pretty gutted to see the big man go but I guess he would be one of the club's higher earners and at this stage in his career coming back from injury he needs to be guaranteed game time. We are very lucky to have the centre halves that we do and I guess we cannot offer him a guaranteed place in the team. Wish him and everyone else leaving all the very best.

• Agree 1

I'm starting to get the feeling that we are freeing up the wages to try and attract higher players than we are used to.

So sad to see Chris go. Done tremendously well from coming back from that horrific injury!

• Agree 1

Hogg for me is the only surprise.  Shame he's away, as I think he's been very good since his return from injury.  Mathieson I thought might get another year, but perhaps Butcher has a better young keeper lined-up (likely Robbie Thomson) and it's no surprise that Morrison is offski as he never really cemented a place in the team.

Having watched Sutherland as a centre forward in the U20 game the other week, I'd have been inclined to give him another year as long as that was the position he was played in.  Playing him as a winger (I thought he was meant to be the new Jonny Hayes‽) was a waste and totally ineffective.

• Agree 1

So, if I'm right, the following have been released:

Scott Mathieson

Gavin Morrison

Shane Sutherland

Chris Hogg

Simon King

PCAs

Antonio Reguero (Kilmarnock)

Andrew Shinnie (Birmingham City)

As things stand:

Signed up till the end of season 2013-14:

• Ryan Esson
  • Richie Foran
  • Ross Draper
  • Conor Pepper

(Butcher and Malpas are also in this category)

Signed up till the end of season 2014-15:

• Josh Meekings 
  • Nick Ross  
  • Gary Warren
  • Graeme Shinnie
  • Billy McKay
  • Daniel Devine
  • David Raven
  • Liam Polworth
  • Ryan Christie

Joining next season:

• Ben Greenhalgh
  • Danny Williams

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The following players are out of contract at the end of this season:

• Owain Tudur Jones
  • Simon King
  • Aaron Doran
  • Martin Laing

Loan deals expire at the end of this season:

• Charlie Taylor

Deals unknown:

• Matthew Cooper

Leaving the building:

• Andrew Shinnie
  • Antonio Reguero
  • Chris Hogg
  • Shane Sutherland
  • Gavin Morrison
  • Scott Mathieson
  • Kyle White

Already gone:

• Philip Roberts
  • Jordan Gibbons

Latest developments/changes in bold.

Edited by Renegade

A bit gutted about Hogg, i thought he might have stayed another season, he's been through a hellish 18 months and it would have been nice to see him play his way back into the first team and return to top form. Hope he makes it though. Apart from the 2 PCA's and Hogg im not too bothered about anyone else, looking forward to seeing who we bring in over pre season. 

Guest Mahonio

Probably need about 5-10 new players as we only have 15 signed for next season.

Is that about right lol?

Really sorry to see Shane go.  I think he's a great player in the making but it just hasn't quite clicked for him.  He has been consistently played out of position and never been given a decent run in the team.  If he goes down a division or two I think he will score a hatful of goals and then have the confidence to succeed at SPL level.  Never quite developed the composure here to take the chances here when they came his way.  He'll not be forgotton - there's plenty of dents in the back of the North Stand to act as permanent reminders of his time here.

• Agree 1