Not a classic in terms of quality but we battled hard and got 3 points. Looked more like we were out to stop them playing with Foran dropping back into midfield but it was effective and thats us made it a Hat-trick of home victories against the shadow dwellers - very pleasing.

Thought Taylor was excellent today. Can be a gamble playing a lad that young in such a demanding game but he stuck to his task well and was unlucky not to win man of the match. I dont see what the fuss was about the penalty. Seen it on ALBA and from what i see Taylor touches the ball away from Kovacevic who brings him down, that equals penalty.

Back 4 were top notch yet again. With Warren, Meekings and Devine all tied down for the next 2 seasons we can look forward to more performances like that. We are literally in touching distance of the top 6 and the boys deserve immense credit for it. Along with Sir Terry, been a great season and today just added to it. Looking forward to the run in.

Just watched as live on Alba as I couldn't make it up for the game. Penalty was difficult to call but the final angle they showed suggested that Taylor's heel got taken just before the ball, so probably a good decision. Overall it was deserved win, though - looked quite even in terms of possession and County were on top for the second part of the first half, but we definitely had the better chances and could probably have had a couple more with a little more guile around the box. Haven't been convinced in the past when Draper has been moved to the right and Foran has been played deeper, but it worked well today: I thought Foran was excellent. Great fight throughout the team all round, and a really big result that hopefully sets us up for a great end to a great season.

Adams is an ungracious *****, isn't he? 

Our defence may not have played a pretty game but it was effective especially when Reguero came on, there is something about the lad that appears to give confidence to the rest of the defence, just his presence there made all the difference.

Sorry about Ryan's injury but to be honest I have a feeling that something was bothering him from the start, I have seen the day when he would have saved the shot that scored Cnty's goal, but today he was late in moving for it and without launching himself correctly.

Excellent  result, and nice to see Billy the great on a new scoring run.

I would love to know what Adams said to Terry before he rushed down the tunnel, I thought Terry was going to run after him to fell him, good job he was held back or he would have been sitting in the stands for a few weeks.

Well done ICT the push is well and truly on.   :ictscarf:

• Agree 1

Watched it back umpteen times on Alba. Kova possibly gets 5% ball, 95% Taylor's ankle, but he doesn't alter the course of the ball. That's a pen in most games though isn't it?

Contrast with the Meekings challenge in the first derby when he gets 100% ball but a foul is given for 'follow through'.

• Agree 2

Just thought I'd have a look at everyone's favourite site for people with anger problems and missing a brain cell or two, Over The Bridge (and a few on the old Twitter :wink: ) - 

How about giving the T***s an award for for their impressions of "Swan Lake"

As for Butcher he is a disgrace to the Spl for his actions at the end.

What a ******* dump Caley park is, I wont step foot in there again. Terrible match day experience. 

THAT WAS NO PENALTY! ABOSULUTELY SHOCKING DECISION.
Once again Caley cheated and dived their way to a win, I lost count of the fouls they committed. 
I honestly thought this type of cheating would be history when we got rid of the Inverness Caley supporting referees, but! Obviously not.

I hate terry butcher so much

Terry butcher pisses me off every single time he's interviewed after a highland derby. It's like he's been watching a different game

Terry Butcher thinks he's a #caleycasual the way he goes on the pitch afterwards! No way for a manager to act!

once it again it took the ref to win caley the game. Butchers call to arms failed. 

Nelson+Muntz.jpg

Edited by Renegade
  • Agree 9

I agree with Adams somewhat.  I don't want to win a derby game where we dominated then scored a penalty, that was dubious but ultimately correct.

I'd much have preferred a definite off-side goal in injury time against the run of play.  That would have pleased me no end.

Oh, and I hope we go for Brittain if (when) Shinnie leaves.  County's best player and seems to be over the injury problems that blighted a promising early career.

Terry Butcher always compliments opposition win or lose .He acts like a proper gentleman as for Derek Adams he is like a spoilt child.

For God sake Adams change the record its getting very boring .You're just not quite up to our standard and the sooner you accept it

the better and stop making a complete --- of yourself............Such a poor loser. Aberdeen must be desperate............

• Agree 3

In fairness, we have to show some sympathy towards County. They were disadvantaged from the start due to having to play on a full-size pitch with a proper playing surface. Oh, and when you take into account their feelings of inferiority when playing their greater, more dominant neighbour you can understand why it must upset them when they realise that they will be..............forever in our shadow!!!!

Well done to the lads at ICT!! I enjoyed the game today - although it got a bit nerve-wracking towards the end. The defence continues to impress. Our defenders are prepared to put their bodies on the line to defend our goal and our front guys are always prepared to track back. 

Not a bad crowd today considering the weather. Nearly all the seats out of the rain today were taken. Maybe when the building of our stadium is complete we will get better crowds?!?! :wink:

• Agree 3

Another derby, another tough game and another three points.  Pretty even first half.  We started the best, got ahead, did our usual sit on it, County gradually got to grips with it without putting us under pressure.  Don't know where the free kick came from that led to their goal.  Tremendous strike from Lawson with Esson unsighted by a bundle of players in his line of sight making him late with the dive, good goal though.  Penalty all day every day, straight through the player.  It would be a free kick outside of the box and correct decision for me, Fraser obliging by diving early, straight out of the Mark Broon book of penalty saves, well, it's actually a blank A4 sheet of paper, and game over.  We should have made more of a number of counter attacks as County struggled to make headway but in the end although a bit tense, comfortable enough win for us.

I believe the Highlands are still ours  :smile:  Derek Adams is still seething :notlistening:  and El Kessocko is not trendy any more  :ohmy:  but another huge step towards the promised land and County :farmer:  are now unbeaten in, err, erm, eh, ohh, nil games. :ictscarf:

• Agree 4

Just read comments on Over the Bridge and quite honestly the sooner they get rid of Derek Adams the better as his childishness is running right through the complete set up.On reading he has had fallout with his best player and didnt even have him on bench (seen sitting in stand on Alba) has probably been the main reason for Super Caley spoiling their undeafeated run .Also very fickle fans to blame Michael Fraser for losing game the whole team need to take a look at themselves if they fall apart so easily.First time I read their site but really quite funny .

Just a question to whom it may concern, not that I am in the habit of miscalling our neighbours but Caley fans have been warned by police and threatened with arrest in the event they are heard to call County fans gypsies ,why then are they allowed quite openly  to call Caley fans tinks ....is this not classed as equally offensive ?

• Agree 1

Just thought I'd have a look at everyone's favourite site for people with anger problems and missing a brain cell or two, Over The Bridge (and a few on the old Twitter :wink: ) - 

What a fucking dump Caley park is, I wont step foot in there again. Terrible match day experience. 

You can understand that, mind you. The poster probably never had pubes the last time they won there.......

• Agree 3

Great result.  some really pleasing aspects to the game I thought.

• It was a very disciplined performance.  It was a vital derby game but there was no diving in and rash challenges.  The team all worked hard and closed down well.  The fact that no ICT player was booked is testament to that discipline.
  • Taylor came in in very difficult circumstances and played a blinder.  Clearly Terry will have a difficult decision to make when Shinnie is available again.
  • Whilst it was unfortunate the crowd was not bigger, those that were there gave great support.  The supporters who sang throughout the game were fantastic and I'm sure contributed as much to the win as the players on the park.  It was as good an atmosphere as I can remember for any match at TCS.  Well done lads!

As for County, I wonder what the end of their run, the falling out between Adams and Brittain and the speculation about Adams heading to Aberdeen will do to their confidence.  I'm sure their top six slot is all but assured but they could end up with a bit of a stuttering run to the end of the season after this.   Oh, and their supporters! were there actually any at the game or were those cardboard cutouts in the South Stand?

Now that we have the longest currently unbeaten run in the SPL, hopefully we can press on with confidence to a European place.  A great day all round with the respective post match comments of the 2 managers the icing on the cake.

Watched it on Alba, never made it up the road yesterday.

Who was doing that chant that went on for about 10 mins before C(o)unty scored? At first I thought it was coming from the away end but I gradually decided it must be us.

Also how many did C(o)unty bring? 1800 odds but I didn't catch it. Thought it was a decent attendance on a foul day.

Edited by TheMantis

I can confirm that the people of portsmouth now know the Highlands are infact ours, they also know why Inverness is wonderful and I know that Hampshire Constabulary do not appreciate a 3 am taxi rank singalong with pizza in hand.

• Agree 6

I can confirm that the people of portsmouth now know the Highlands are infact ours, they also know why Inverness is wonderful and I know that Hampshire Constabulary do not appreciate a 3 am taxi rank singalong with pizza in hand.

How did they react to the G word?

With the league cup final being on today, we'll all be feeling that we should really have been there.

But that would have meant yesterdays derby would have been postponed, and when it eventually took place we may well not have won.

Every cloud etc.

And continuing with today's positivity - I was very disappointed to leave Dens with just a point last week, but it is MUCH better have got a draw there and a win v County, rather than the other way round.