Ross County boss Derek Adams

"A draw would've been fair and again they've managed to beat us with a decision going against us. The games have been tense and scrappy and today was one of our worst performances.

"To lose a derby match like this, I don't think Inverness will be happy winning it like that."

Aye yer right Derek - not happy - just absolutely fecking delighted ya moron!!

• Agree 10

It depends on the outcome of the Dundee derby tomorrow, anything but a UTD win will confirm our top 6 place.

With Hibs losing last night, we ARE in top 6 regardless of result in Dundee Derby because we are 7 ahead of Hibs who would drop to 7th if United win, so we are going to be either 7 or 8 ahead of 7th with 6 left to play for before split.

Incorrect.  Whilst Hibs aren't a threat to us any more,St J and Killie can still match our tally, with Celtic, Well and County and Utd able to get more points than us.

Ross County boss Derek Adams

"A draw would've been fair and again they've managed to beat us with a decision going against us. The games have been tense and scrappy and today was one of our worst performances.

"To lose a derby match like this, I don't think Inverness will be happy winning it like that."

Aye yer right Derek - not happy - just absolutely fecking delighted ya moron!!

Of course Del I'm utterly gutted.

• Agree 1

Fantastic result today. I thought it was a typical derby game that either of the teams could of won. As soon as we got that penalty, I thought it was justice for not getting that penalty in Dingwall two weeks ago. 

Kudos to the announcer for calling out County's crap about selling out the south stand! Forever in our shadows!    :ictscarf: :ictscarf:

• Agree 3

Don't normally post after games but have to make the point that C*unty are very one dimentional and play route one football. Without wishing anything bad on Ryan it was nice to see Toni back between the sticks.

• Agree 1

That was a big three points irrespective of the performance. Never mind all the feckin points counting. From now until the end of the season it is about our performance and taking one game at a time. We should be treating every feckin game like a cup final from henceforth.

THE HIGHLANDS ARE OURS :ictscarf: 

• Agree 2

Any proper explanation as to why Brittain wasn't even in the County squad? Fully fit but dropped for "tactical reasons" according to Robbo on the radio, which probably means a bust up of some kind.

Him and Derek Adams have fallen out. 

Absolutely delighted with the performance and result  and well done to the fans, they add to the match day experience and you cant get that watching the game on TV

Ref was terrible  Ive watched  the  free kick time and time again and still cant understand how County get a free kick, which they scored from, when far more happened previously and its play on, to add insult to injury the ref then takes 11, yes 11 paces for us to form a wall. Im surprised he wasnt in the box trying to head it in for them as well.

A penalty certainly helped balance out his poor performance.

Over the moon,  excellent,  well done  

Edited by 12th Man
  • Agree 1

Yes thought Taylor had a really good game. Some solid defending and willing to drive forward. Great shift. Gary Warren terrific at the back again too.

Derby so not too much skill on display (what there was from us - RC route one and free kicks as usual) but plenty of graft.

Good support today and DA wasn't happy at the end - just about perfect. 

Not sure if it's been mentioned earlier in the thread as I haven't read it all, but I understand that Esson felt a twinge in the same place as an old injury and they took him off as a precaution.

Hope it's no more than that, but great to have a second keeper who we've got no hesitation in bringing on in these scenarios.

Sitting in the Skiach, much  happier than last time I was here.  Thought it was a definite penalty from where I was sitting. I did have to laugh at Del on the radio, all the talk about him going to Aberdeen, I thought he'd fit in at Celtic, with the always cheated, never defeated attitude. 

We could have a problem for the Hibs game, can Graeme Shinnie get his place back from Charlie Taylor ?

• Agree 1

At the time, I thought the penalty decision was a shocker; having watched the Alba pictures it seems a very difficult one to call - one angle seems to suggest Ikonomou got the ball and one does not.  I'm not complaining, mind!  Iain Brines was just embarrassing; asking a policeman to go and have a chat with Derek Adams seems pretty cowardly to me, and he showed the patience of a saint with Vigurs' dissent and repeated fouls.  I'm just grateful that we got the rub of the green with the clown's biggest decision.

I've not come away from any of the derbies this season thinking we were particularly better than County, and today was the same.  After we got the early goal, they dominated midfield and we struggled to get any possession.  That said they created very little before Lawson's goal.  It was certainly a terrific hit, but I'm flabbergasted no-one got out to try and block it, and disappointed that Esson didn't save it - I thought he had plenty of time to get across his goal and he got a hand on it.  I'm not too worried about Reguero being in goal for a bit - for me, the Spaniard has looked the superior keeper this season.

The back four played very well for the most part; I thought Taylor really struggled at Dens Park last week but he did an excellent job this afternoon and was probably our best player.  Warren, Meekings and Raven were all good.  I'm not convinced the shape of the midfield was a good idea, but as the game went on Foran had more influence in the middle of the park and Draper got into it more and more.

I'll take that result - and the sour look on Adams' face - any day.  Hopefully we can get through the last derby of the season - I'm certain there will be one more - with an unbeaten record for the campaign against County

• Agree 1

At the time, I thought the penalty decision was a shocker; having watched the Alba pictures it seems a very difficult one to call - one angle seems to suggest Ikonomou got the ball and one does not.  I'm not complaining, mind!  Iain Brines was just embarrassing; asking a policeman to go and have a chat with Derek Adams seems pretty cowardly to me, and he showed the patience of a saint with Vigurs' dissent and repeated fouls.  I'm just grateful that we got the rub of the green with the clown's biggest decision.

I've not come away from any of the derbies this season thinking we were particularly better than County, and today was the same.  After we got the early goal, they dominated midfield and we struggled to get any possession.  That said they created very little before Lawson's goal.  It was certainly a terrific hit, but I'm flabbergasted no-one got out to try and block it, and disappointed that Esson didn't save it - I thought he had plenty of time to get across his goal and he got a hand on it.  I'm not too worried about Reguero being in goal for a bit - for me, the Spaniard has looked the superior keeper this season.

The back four played very well for the most part; I thought Taylor really struggled at Dens Park last week but he did an excellent job this afternoon and was probably our best player.  Warren, Meekings and Raven were all good.  I'm not convinced the shape of the midfield was a good idea, but as the game went on Foran had more influence in the middle of the park and Draper got into it more and more.

I'll take that result - and the sour look on Adams' face - any day.  Hopefully we can get through the last derby of the season - I'm certain there will be one more - with an unbeaten record for the campaign against County

agree with all here except for meekings.

dont think he managed to find a ict player all day with a pass.

he wins his headers and his pace is essential for chasing down  balls over the top.

terry punted munro to play on the deck football from the back, with meekings distribution we give away posession very cheaply.

before i get pelters just an observation, i would play meekings for his pace but has to work on his passing.