Great goal from Andrew Shinnie yesterday don't think I've sat there more tensed that other derby games. I think it was def a penalty. Great to see billy back in form of scoring. Proud to be his sponsor but a great game and great teamwork.

There's something missing from this thread - wot no doom and gloom or cautionery tales from the glass half empties?

"Top six Derek Adams within Butcher's grasp"  (almost)

:music02:  Rock on ICT

Edited by Bluesman

Just come back from a week end at relatives.  I had to use all my powers of persuasion to get the man of the house to watch ICT on Alba instead of Wales/England rugby on the other channel.  Come to think of it I did him a favour as he is English!

One of these games where the result was the important thing and not the manner of the victory.  A great 3 points and so close now to top six.

Great start with the early goal. At first sight I thought Fraser had simply dropped the ball, but on second (and many subsequent) viewings he actually made a good stop from a great header by Foran before Shinnie's simple tap in.

Couldn't argue with the equaliser - a great strike, which in fact, was their only shot on target in first half.

I thought we just shaded the second half, although I thought we were lucky to get the penalty.  No doubt it is debated ad infinitem earlier in this thread (I haven't read it yet!). It was one of those penalties I would have been agrieved about had it been given against us.  But, we deserved the narrow victory.

I thought the back four were great. Raven just gets better every game. What a fantastic tackle he made towards the end to prevent a clear goal scoring opporunity. Taylor also performed admirably as a stand in for Shinnie and had a direct hand in both goals.

Being a bit pickey, I thought we gave away too many cheap and needless fouls. Do you realise there were 5 fouls for handling the ball given against us (Doran, 3, McKay and Shinnie, 1 each).  Too many and could have been costly on another day.

But nothing that spoiled a great result, made even better by their manager's show of petulance at the end.  And, while I think of it, I'm so glad we got rid of Vigurs, who also showed himself up with an all round petulant and bordering on nasty, display.

Just come back from a week end at relatives.  I had to use all my powers of persuasion to get the man of the house to watch ICT on Alba instead of Wales/England rugby on the other channel.  Come to think of it I did him a favour as he is English!

One of these games where the result was the important thing and not the manner of the victory.  A great 3 points and so close now to top six.

Great start with the early goal. At first sight I thought Fraser had simply dropped the ball, but on second (and many subsequent) viewings he actually made a good stop from a great header by Foran before Shinnie's simple tap in.

Couldn't argue with the equaliser - a great strike, which in fact, was their only shot on target in first half.

I thought we just shaded the second half, although I thought we were lucky to get the penalty.  No doubt it is debated ad infinitem earlier in this thread (I haven't read it yet!). It was one of those penalties I would have been agrieved about had it been given against us.  But, we deserved the narrow victory.

I thought the back four were great. Raven just gets better every game. What a fantastic tackle he made towards the end to prevent a clear goal scoring opporunity. Taylor also performed admirably as a stand in for Shinnie and had a direct hand in both goals.

Being a bit pickey, I thought we gave away too many cheap and needless fouls. Do you realise there were 5 fouls for handling the ball given against us (Doran, 3, McKay and Shinnie, 1 each).  Too many and could have been costly on another day.

But nothing that spoiled a great result, made even better by their manager's show of petulance at the end.  And, while I think of it, I'm so glad we got rid of Vigurs, who also showed himself up with an all round petulant and bordering on nasty, display.

Oh there's always one glass half full person on here! We won, we are top 6 for the first time ever, nothing else matters!

At the time, I thought the penalty decision was a shocker; having watched the Alba pictures it seems a very difficult one to call - one angle seems to suggest Ikonomou got the ball and one does not.  I'm not complaining, mind!  Iain Brines was just embarrassing; asking a policeman to go and have a chat with Derek Adams seems pretty cowardly to me, and he showed the patience of a saint with Vigurs' dissent and repeated fouls.  I'm just grateful that we got the rub of the green with the clown's biggest decision.   I've not come away from any of the derbies this season thinking we were particularly better than County, and today was the same.  After we got the early goal, they dominated midfield and we struggled to get any possession.  That said they created very little before Lawson's goal.  It was certainly a terrific hit, but I'm flabbergasted no-one got out to try and block it, and disappointed that Esson didn't save it - I thought he had plenty of time to get across his goal and he got a hand on it.  I'm not too worried about Reguero being in goal for a bit - for me, the Spaniard has looked the superior keeper this season.   The back four played very well for the most part; I thought Taylor really struggled at Dens Park last week but he did an excellent job this afternoon and was probably our best player.  Warren, Meekings and Raven were all good.  I'm not convinced the shape of the midfield was a good idea, but as the game went on Foran had more influence in the middle of the park and Draper got into it more and more.   I'll take that result - and the sour look on Adams' face - any day.  Hopefully we can get through the last derby of the season - I'm certain there will be one more - with an unbeaten record for the campaign against County
Edited by Huisdean

Who were Russell and Mike on MFR?

Nae me anyway, I'm in Magdeburg, fecking gutted at missing the game :wink:   :sad:

Are we not now safely in top six slot after Hibs being beaten last night?

So you won't be in the ICT Social Club with your great granddaughter tonight then will you Michael? :lol:

Very funny Charles, I'm sure the young lady in question would have been well chaperoned from lecherous old bestards like you by Gavin and Jim in my absence :wink:  :lol:

Dear Mr Adams Junior,

TV evidence makes it clear Charlie was hit by a Swiss Roll. Foot on foot. Iain Brines was therefore 100% correct in awarding the mighty ICT, home of a Bridge and Castle, a penalty. 

TV evidence also shows the Brora Rangers star, Rossco Tokely, gave us a fair penalty too. Equally, a few weeks back, young Shinnie was caught late and we should have had a penalty at the Strathconon Sands Stadium at the Wendy House end. 

You'll no get Manager of the Month for March!! It was fun seeing your unbeaten record end in the Heart of the Highlands. 

Seasonal Greetins from ICT

Edited by CELTIC1CALEY3
  • Agree 7

How much better as a team and unit do we look with Foran in the side though, its no conincidence in my mind that the team fights more in games when we have him in the side - starting with the fightback in Dundee last wk and his performance on Sat was excellent if undramatic, doing the dirty work of breaking up the play.

Bad news for Esson picking up an injury and hope its not too serious, but I have to admit I perfer seeing Rugero in goal this season after that long run it just makes the backline more confident - although that could be down to the lack of game time with Esson in goal and time required to build the same levels for familiarisation.

At the game I couldnt tell with the penalty call - but seeing it on TV, its a stonewaller. Overall on the balance of play we deserved to win I thought, although had County had Brittain playing t may have been different - IMO he is as important to RC as Foran is to us.

• Agree 2

Perfect few days for me. First a presentation on Thursday which will now lead to a seminar on 1st June, then the official info that a nasty thing some Austrian policemen do with German drivers is illegal and I could save 20 Euros, wonderful Leipzig bookfair and the ICT win on Saturday, moved to Switzerland yesterday and Dundee United dropped points, wow!

Who cares about 2 feet of snow in the last 22 hours here at the Italian border?

Did Eagle4Caley make it after all? Anyone meet him, did he enjoy his day?

Hi...yep did make it, had a brilliant trip, gonna post a little summary of my trip and teams performance in next day or so, but stand out for me were Shinnie and McKay, and all the defence played well, deserved the penalty when Taylor was caught (Even if there was a question of whether their defender got a bit of the ball, you can't take the player out on the follow through this days) Bit surprised to see Foran playing where he did, and loved TB's celebration at the end.

• Agree 1

A hypothetical and rather pointless question, but just out of interest, would Foran's header have gone in anyway if Shinniesta hadn't applied the final touch?

Certainly looks like it was still heading over the line after Fraser's attempt to stop it - the only doubt being whether the defender on the far post would have been able to reach it in time.

Always best to make sure.  Given Hibs' recent experience it could have been a foot over the line and still not given.  So, yes, it would probably have gone in but I'm not so sure it would have been a goal - after all, most of these big decisions go against us in the derby games. :smile:

• Agree 1