Player of the Year Poll - Ross County

Scotty

POTY Voting  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Which player would you award 5 points ?

• Ryan Esson
    • David Raven
    • Charlie Taylor
    • Gary Warren
    • Josh Meekings
    • Owain Tudur-Jones
    • Ross Draper
    • Andrew Shinnie
    • Richie Foran
    • Billy McKay
    • Aaron Doran
    • Antonio Reguero
    • Nick Ross
  2. 2. Which player would you award 3 points ?

• Ryan Esson
    • David Raven
    • Charlie Taylor
    • Gary Warren
    • Josh Meekings
    • Owain Tudur-Jones
    • Ross Draper
    • Andrew Shinnie
    • Richie Foran
    • Billy McKay
    • Aaron Doran
    • Antonio Reguero
    • Nick Ross
  3. 3. Which player would you award 1 point ?

• Ryan Esson
    • David Raven
    • Charlie Taylor
    • Gary Warren
    • Josh Meekings
    • Owain Tudur-Jones
    • Ross Draper
    • Andrew Shinnie
    • Richie Foran
    • Billy McKay
    • Aaron Doran
    • Antonio Reguero
    • Nick Ross
  4. 4. Referee Performance

5. 5. I confirm I was present at this game and therefore eligible to vote

• Yes, I was there.
    • No, I am a numpty, please ban me from all polls !

*** VOTING IN THE POLL ABOVE IS FOR PEOPLE WHO WERE AT THE MATCH ONLY ***

If you were at the match, please use the poll above to vote for your top 3 players.

As a bit of fun, we have also added an option to rate the referee ....

Please make sure you vote for 3 separate players.

If you make an error, let us know so we can fix it.

PLEASE ONLY VOTE ABOVE IF YOU WERE AT THE GAME

Anyone caught trying to cheat the system WILL be banned from voting in ALL site polls...this is your only warning.

**NOT at the game ?**

As a result of requests received, we have made a slight change to how these threads work for site users who watched the game on TV or listened to the full game live on the radio .......

You too will now be able to cast your votes, but should do it in the thread below, and NOT in the official poll above. Just list the three players of your choosing and award 5,3, or 1 point(s). You can give the ref a mark if you want too !

These votes will NOT be counted in the official total, as we only count votes from those who where actually at the game, but it IS a way for you to participate in the process .... which many people asked for .... a happy medium we hope !!!!!

Staggered that 19 people think that Brines was average or above yesterday. His performance was shambolic.

The problem is that refereeing is so poor in most matches his performance could be called average.

Refs in Scotland are generally poor but linesmen - even worse. They've only got a couple of things to do and they very rarely get them right and are more often than not well behind the play. I'm not a fan of Brine's as he's another who likes to be the centre of attention but yesterday he didn't book any Inverness players and gave the penalty.

I thought he was better than most.  I haven't seen the highlights yet but my impression was that he called it right both for the penalty and the free kick from which County scored (silly 2 handed push in the back from Doran - I think!).  He knew it would be a highly charged game but he kept the game flowing and rather than get the cards out early for a couple of players and potentially ruining the game he made a point of having a word with the players.  The result was a hard fought but generally fairly contested game for which I think the players of both sides and the referee can take credit.  If there was one thing I would criticise him for it would be for not getting the card out for a couple of County players who went OTT in questioning his decision over the penalty.  With that going on he wouldn't have seen what Vigurs was up to.

taylor-first goal came from a great corner from him, second came from him earning a penalty and he as solid at the back

mckay-sharpest player on the park, turned munro and boyd at will, and stroked the penalty home nicely.

doran-found so much joy in behind kovacevic he was our best outball all afternoon, relieved so much pressure off the backline by winning corners, throw ins, and driving at the county defense.

derbys are games for difference makers, these three were in my opinion the difference.