Confirmed: Top 6

ICTRoughi

Belter of a weekend-

Beating County, leapfrogging them in the league, Adams' seeth, top six comfirmed, Hearts beaten in the final, scored a free bottle of Whisky. Might even try my luck with the missus at this rate...

post-4861-0-28367100-1363539819.jpg

post-4861-0-52390400-1363539825.png

• Agree 5

A very proud day to be an ICT fan.  Well done to the team and the management for this great achievement.  It makes it even more pleasing when you consider that so many people tipped us for relegation this season.

Onwards and upwards for the rest of the season.

The boys done good - as they say in trackside tv interviews...

Just one thing now really and I can look forward to a happy, sun drenched, boozy summer. Can you please win the final derby and finish above the dingers.... :cool:

Are county garenteed top 6 finnish too?

Unfortunately Smee, :tongueincheek: they are not. It appears that their horse drawn universe ran out of straw yesterday and imploded. Their leader dug in his hoofs and threw a tantrum as big as, well, culbokie. At a push. I really don't fancy their chances against Killie. Shame really. :laugh:

I may be wrong but we will be Celtic & County away (they do look safe for top 6 TBH), Motherwell at home then whoever makes up the others. So thats a Celtic team who will have the league wrapped up so may be 'weaker', County who are in our pockets and a chance to finally avange Motherwell this season.

Also, am I right in thinking with our 5 game unbeaten run, if we continue undefeated to the end of the season that would be 12 games - beating the current County record of 11 unbeaten in the SPL this season - now thats an incentive!!!!

Hopefully I'm wrong but my abacus suggests we can still fail to make the Top 6

Highly unlikely but if we lost our 2 remaining games. St Johnstone took at least 4 points from 6, Ross County beat Hearts and Killie won all 3 of there remaining fixtures we could miss out on goal difference. I think?? Happy to be proved wrong

Highly unlikely but if we lost our 2 remaining games. St Johnstone took at least 4 points from 6, Ross County beat Hearts and Killie won all 3 of there remaining fixtures we could miss out on goal difference. I think?? Happy to be proved wrong

The teams you are concerned about could all catch us by the split, but even if they did we'd still be 6th!

I may be wrong but we will be Celtic & County away (they do look safe for top 6 TBH), Motherwell at home then whoever makes up the others. So thats a Celtic team who will have the league wrapped up so may be 'weaker', County who are in our pockets and a chance to finally avange Motherwell this season.

Also, am I right in thinking with our 5 game unbeaten run, if we continue undefeated to the end of the season that would be 12 games - beating the current County record of 11 unbeaten in the SPL this season - now thats an incentive!!!!

Motherwell and Hibs are the only teams out of the possible 8  of which we should be playing at home to balance things out.  Kenny would be in tears if he has to come up to Inverness 3 times

• Agree 1

The teams you are concerned about could all catch us by the split, but even if they did we'd still be 6th!

just did the maths, worse case scenario  cellic champs, motherwell 6 pts , killie 9 pts, hibs 6, st john 6, ross co 3, cant finish lower than 6th

cellic whatever

motherwell 56

st john  50

ross co 48

killie 47               killie only 4 goals behind us, 3 wins and 2 loses for us would wipe that advantage out

ict    47

hibs 46

First and second Champions league. Third and SC winners Europa I believe. In the past if SC winners already qualified then runners up got spot. There was talk of changing that but dont know if it ever happened. To be sure of a spot we best aim for third.

Regarding European places via the cup, if the winner is already going to Europe via the League,  will the cup winners slot go to the runner up or to 4th in the league

As I understand it, if the cup winners already qualify for The Champions League, then the cup runner-up gets the Europa League place. If the cup winners already qualify for Europa League, then the other place goes to the league. Cup winners get best Europa place, cup runner-up or lowest league qualifier  gets the worst

Published : Friday, August 17, 2012

European places for 2013/14

Scotland are currently 18th in the UEFA country ranking list which means the following in terms of qualification for the 2013/14 European competitions:

SPL winners Champions League Qualifying Round 2 - July 16/17 & 23/23

Runners-up Europa League Qualifying Round 2 - July 18 & 25

Third place Europa League Qualifying Round 2 - July 18 & 25

Scottish Cup winners Europa League Qualifying Round 3 - August 1 & 8

• Agree 1