Snodgrass

Laurence

Scotland let down by rash tackles

I like Snodgrass a useful player, but he needs to curb his two foot tackles

I thought Ramsay was exceptional for Wales , unfortunately will miss the next game or so red carded also.

Anyway an interesting match

He was my MotM up to that point.  Rash early challenge then looked the best prospect for Scotland............then :sad:

Scotland have plumbed new depths, there is no quick fix available, thank feck for San Marino :hiding02: are we still level with them :ohmy:

Surely if we win all our remaining games we can still qualify for Brazil in 2014 !  And if we qualify there is always the chance that we could win the thing.  We have such great talent and a great team and Manager how can we fail.  Bring back Ally McLeod if all else fails.  He knew the power of positive thinking.

Strachan should have subbed Snodgrass instead of Dorrans. I agree Snoddy was playing well but too committed and anyone could see he was heading for second yellow. This manager who was so churlish when his team were beaten at Caley is taking Scotland nowhere.

• Agree 1

Surely if we win all our remaining games we can still qualify for Brazil in 2014 !  And if we qualify there is always the chance that we could win the thing.  We have such great talent and a great team and Manager how can we fail.  Bring back Ally McLeod if all else fails.  He knew the power of positive thinking.

Think even God would struggle with that one.

Oh and taking on Miller instead of Rhodes when Fletcher was injured was a great choice wasn't it?! Playing a guy thats well past it instead of Scotland's future. Great choice. :frustrated01:

If the boy from Norwich City had kept his cool Scotland would have won that game, although Wales passed them off the park.

I like Miller he has done yeoman service for club and country in the past,  but it was as you say a great opportunity to give Rhodes a go. After all he is scoring every week more or less for  lacklustre Blackburn Rovers  team.

If we have ( I say we because I feel for Scotland although I am a sassenach, but I do  have a highlander grandaughter  ) a plan for the future  it should be for the rest of this campaign, to  give all the young lads a go. Nothing to lose

I also think Chris Coleman seems to have more about him tactics wise than Gordon  Strachan, time will tell on that front

England seem to have an abundance of riches , leaving out their Captain Steven Gerrard and still winning ,

Anyway I have my fingers crossd for Wales now  pity Ramsay will be banned he is one hell of a talent.

• Agree 1

Oh and taking on Miller instead of Rhodes when Fletcher was injured was a great choice wasn't it?! Playing a guy thats well past it instead of Scotland's future. Great choice. :frustrated01:

If the boy from Norwich City had kept his cool Scotland would have won that game, although Wales passed them off the park.

I like Miller he has done yeoman service for club and country in the past,  but it was as you say a great opportunity to give Rhodes a go. After all he is scoring every week more or less for  lacklustre Blackburn Rovers  team.

If we have ( I say we because I feel for Scotland although I am a sassenach, but I do  have a highlander grandaughter  ) a plan for the future  it should be for the rest of this campaign, to  give all the young lads a go. Nothing to lose

I also think Chris Coleman seems to have more about him tactics wise than Gordon  Strachan, time will tell on that front

England seem to have an abundance of riches , leaving out their Captain Steven Gerrard and still winning ,

Anyway I have my fingers crossd for Wales now  pity Ramsay will be banned he is one hell of a talent.

against a nation with a population of 30,000 and a national team that was only formed in 1986

Terrible performance from Scotland. Didnt understand Miller coming on ahead of Rhodes. Games coming up mean we will have little hope of getting off bottom. But hey it could be worse, we could have McGhee and Wee Strachan as a management duo now, onwards and ..........ehm

against a nation with a population of 30,000 and a national team that was only formed in 1986

You are quite right it begs the question should the minows not have their own tournement

Fans spend a lot of money travelling to  small remote places to see one sided  matches

I seem to remember in  the back of my memory a senior country  failing  to beat  a small outfit  like . The faroe Islands  -. Maybe I'm wrong does  not seem likely., does it ?

You're nearly right Rene, except that the match was at Torshavn. But nevertheless, it was enough to get the most successful manager since the days of Ernst Happel sacked and they never found a proper replacement since.

Couldnt fathom out the team, WGS picks younger or relatively inexperienced players like Hanley/Snodgrass/MacArthur but then gets a player injured and brings in Miller or includes Maloney - needs to decide are we persevering with those who have filed in the past or being bold with new younger players - cant try both successfully IMO.

Couldnt fathom out the team, WGS picks younger or relatively inexperienced players like Hanley/Snodgrass/MacArthur but then gets a player injured and brings in Miller or includes Maloney - needs to decide are we persevering with those who have filed in the past or being bold with new younger players - cant try both successfully IMO.

I wouldnt call Snodgrass inexperienced. I think there is a need to start building for next Euro's and hopefully we'll see some of the younger players coming onto form but we do need to retain some of the experienced like Maloney to help the others along. The big problem is we just dont have players with the required quality at the moment.

You're nearly right Rene, except that the match was at Torshavn. But nevertheless, it was enough to get the most successful manager since the days of Ernst Happel sacked and they never found a proper replacement since.

Not wanting to be picky, but the Faroe Islands 1-0 Austria game was actually played in Sweden!

On the topic of the 'minnows' - it appears that Gibraltar have applied for membership of UEFA! San Marino would start as favourites against them!!

• Agree 1

I think English international football has as many problems as we do. The problems are just disguised by the sheer size of the population. The poor displays in Euro 2012 were so predictable.