ICTFC U20s

TopSix

Roundup from SPFL website http://spfl.co.uk/news/article/spfl-u20-league-round-up-57/

Hibernian remain top of the SPFL U20 League after beating Aberdeen 6-1 at Balmoor on Tuesday, with all the goals coming in the second half.

Scott McKenna gave the Dons the lead but a Euan Smith hat-trick, a double from Jason Cummings and an Abdellah Zoubir goal gave Hibs a comprehensive win.

Rangers stay second on goal difference thanks to a 2-0 victory over Dunfermline at East End Park with goals from Andy Murdoch and Calum Gallagher.

Inverness CT are also on the 28-point mark after beating Celtic 3-1 at Dumbarton. Ally Sutherland scored after just 30 seconds and Ryan Christie doubled their lead. Denny Johnstone pulled one back but Adam Evans sealed victory for Caley Thistle with a late third.

Chris Kane claimed a hat-trick as St Johnstone climbed to fourth with a 3-1 win over Dundee United at Station Park. Brad Smith replied for United.

Kilmarnock beat Hearts 2-0 at Newtongrange with goals from Dylan Pooler and Robbie Muirhead.

Partick Thistle and Falkirk drew 1-1 at the Excelsior Stadium. David Wilson opened the scoring for Thistle but Lewis Small equalised in the second half.

Ross County and St Mirren drew 3-3 at the Global Energy Stadium. Tony Dingwall (2) and Kyle MacLeod netted for County, with Anton Brady, Adam Brown and Daniel McDonald scoring for Saints.

Hamilton Accies and Motherwell played out a 0-0 draw at New Douglas Park.

Read more at http://spfl.co.uk/news/article/spfl-u20-league-round-up-57/#OviVov0euDeBJ5LF.99

• 1 month later...

2-0 Callum Ferguson

5 mins to go.

Strong ICT team which will push our first 11:

Esson, Pepper, Gorman, Brown, Cooper, Draper, Greenhalgh, Vincent, Evans, Christie, Sutherland.

Just back from the game and defrosting!

As others have said it was a very strong team that we put out. I was really pleased with the performance from James Vincent. I thought he has done well to get back from injury and he done really well to get back play the way we seen at the start of the season. Ross Draper and James Vincent were playing in the holding midfield role and we put in a good defensive performance. I was surprised to see Conor Pepper play at Right back today but kudos to him as he was a hard little worker running up and down the right wing. His crosses could have been a bit better but other than that he played really well. Ryan Christie for me was Man of the Match, he is coming on really well as a player and you can see the confidence from his stint in the first team pay off. Calum Ferguson was a second half sub and he done really well to come on and score 2 good goals. Matthew Cooper unfortunately got injured and had to come off early in the first half. I thought Ryan Esson had the best game I have seen him in U20 but in saying that it's more of a testament to the defence and James Vincent and Ross Draper.

As has been stated after the Aberdeen game, John Hughes has a massive selection headache but the players have really improved lately.

• Agree 6

Towards the end of the second half, with ICT in command, Ryan Christie "ghosted" past a defender in such a manner that the comment was made "that was just like John White in days of old". It really was great to see - we await much more from young Mr Christie, a future star no doubt. Conor Pepper fought for every ball, like a terrier, a great player and worthy of a new contract - please note Mr Hughes, Mr Latapy and Mr Cameron.

• Agree 2