ICTFC U20s

TopSix

Our next U20 home game is on Tuesday 22nd vs Dundee United at the TCS 6pm kick off. After that, we also have our final game of the season on Thursday 24th vs Dunfermline at the TCS 6pm kick off.

Bump. Just a reminder that we have a U20 game at 6pm tonight at TCS vs Dundee United.

Could you maybe post a list of which U20s you think should or shouldnt be kept? After the game at is

Mackay

Cooper Brown Devine Gorman

Polworth Williams

Pepper Ross Sutherland

Evans

V

McCallum,

Montgomery, McLaughlin, S. Smith, Ballantyn,

Harwood, B. Smith, Malaga, Tumilty,

Fraser, Connolly

ICT 0 - 1 United (Montgomery 2m)

ICT 0 - 2 Tumilty  (12)

ICT 1 - 2 Adam Evans pulls one back from a poor back pass.

Half Time 1-2

ICT 2 -2 Sub Wilson scores equaliser, Connor Pepper off injured before half time.

ICT 3 - 2 United, Adam Evans scores his second goal tonight.

Full Time 3-2 :ictscarf::smile:

• Agree 2

Strange that the under 20s game is at the same time as the Sponsors Night. We cannot be in two places at the same time. Shame.

Not strange at all...just unfortunate that due to rescheduling of games they ended up clashing and without sufficient notice for the Sponsors Night to be moved.

As the above says a 3-2 home victory for ICT. Overall impression is that I thought the work rate of the lads in the second half especially was something to be proud of in the manner we managed to turn 1-2 at half time into a 3-2 win.

First half started very frantic with Dundee United passing the ball smoothly along the ground. I can see why the likes of Gauld, Robertson, Armstrong have done well for Dundee United. We conceded a free kick on Dundee United's right hand side just outside the box. Dundee United had a clean strike from the free kick on target with the Dundee United young defender slotting in the rebound. After the goal, the game then settled down with Dundee United dominating majority of the possession with slick one two passing. Dundee United's striker Tumilty got the the ball from outside the box and with a few skilful moves and struck the ball into the net it was then 2-0 to the visitors. I think after that goal we changed the shape of the team with Nick Ross playing behind Evans and Williams pushing a bit forward.

Our first goal of the game then came through a mistake from the wide left from a United defender with the ball being played through to Adam Evans who found the net starting off our comeback.

Conor Pepper got injured just before half time. I think it was a head knock that which he came back on the pitch but I think it got too much for him and eventually got replaced by young Jamie Wilson. He showed some nice touches and was played on the wing in the first half.

Second half was really good from ICT. The passing was something I would highly praise and we found some good spaces in the attacking areas. Our equaliser then came from Jamie Wilson who I think is only 16 years old got the ball on the edge of the area and nicely struck it in the back of the net. I was really impressed with Jamie Wilson last home game vs Hearts which scored at and now again tonight. If he keeps up that sort of form at U20s he could have a bright future.

The 3rd goal from was a volley inside the box. Interestingly in the post above I see it mentioned that Evans got the goal but from where I was positioned it looked like it was an own goal but if it was Evans or an own goal their keeper wasn't going to save it.

In terms of first teamer performances I thought that Nick Ross had a good game linking up well with Adam Evans being a good playmaker of our attacks. Danny Devine had a solid game despite the two goals conceded. Liam Polworth had a good game holding the midfield but he was a bit too mouthy with the ref at times. Danny Williams for me was the best of the first teamers. His energy is something I say after every U20 game. He got the ball from deep and just burst through on a solo run into the wing but unfortunately lost the ball - it was really impressive to watch.

All the players for me get pass marks and what a thoroughly deserved victory for the U20s!

Next game vs Dunfermline on Thursday 6pm

• Agree 2

Our next U20 home game is on Tuesday 22nd vs Dundee United at the TCS 6pm kick off. After that, we also have our final game of the season on Thursday 24th vs Dunfermline at the TCS 6pm kick off.

Bump. Just a reminder that we have a U20 game at 6pm tonight at TCS vs Dundee United.

Could you maybe post a list of which U20s you think should or shouldnt be kept? After the game at is

Certainly Rival.

Cammy MacKay - A younger keeper that has done really well in the U20s and makes top saves. I remember his first game for the U20s, it was a home game vs St Johnstone and he saved two penalties. He's done well when plays and done very well despite conceding two goals tonight. He went on loan to Clachnacuddin for a month (Not sure how that went) but he's done good. - Keep

Nick Draper - He really impressed me vs Hearts 2 weeks ago and made some excellent saves but last month vs Rangers he made a few howlers. Hard to say really but I have already stated I would rather Cammy MacKay but would be interested to see what Draper has to offer. I think money will be the deciding factor - Release

Matthew Cooper - Always impresses me when plays and his defending is really good. He is definitely good enough to be a back up but he has been hampered with too many injuries. - Keep

Jason Brown - Again another player that impresses me time and time again and I always remember him scoring a bullet header against Clachnacuddin in a friendly. I personally would keep him but send him out on loan for half a season. - Keep

Joe Gorman - A very interesting character despite all his social media shanigans he is a good defender and some of his deliveries in the box have been good - Keep (As long as he stays out of trouble)

Calum Howarth - A player I would definitely keep but as already stated he is leaving - Release

Conor Pepper - Defintelty worth a new deal especially a back up for David Raven at right back if nothing else. He has the talent but hasn't been given the time. He is a player that would sign up for another year but loan him out for half a season and try and prove himself. - Keep

Ali Sutherland - Plays a very similar game to Aaron Doran and links up very well with Evans. Scored goals vs Celtic and Rangers youth teams. It would be a massive mistake to let go. - Keep

Adam Evans - Holds the ball up very well and I personally feel him and Billy Mckay would work very well together. - Keep

Jay Cheyne - I can't remember the last time he played. - Release

• Agree 3

Roughi, I see you suggest sending a couple of players out on loan but is that not going to leave a shortage at U-20 level?

No because I am lead to believe 7 or 8 players from U17s have signed up U20 contracts. We can also have 3 players (I think) over the age of 20 playing for the U20s aswell. Conor Pepper is going to be 20 when the new season starts so I would see a benefit of him going out on loan (Hearts wouldn't be a bad shout for him) Jason Brown another who I think should go out on loan aswell. We will have Calum Ferguson coming back next year from Montrose. You could also add in the factor that Yogi may buy players that are under the age of 20 too.

U20's playing Dunfermline just now at TCS in last league game this season. 18:00 kick off

A win tonight will see us finish possibly 6th and no worse than 7th.

ICT:-   Draper

Cooper Howarth Gorman Brown

Williams Pepper Polworth Sutherland

Ross Evans

Pars:-   Wilson

Williamson Martin Young O'Kane

Graham Mercer Spence Thomas

Dargo McLair

20 mins gone and no scoring, but that's about to change..........

Official ICTFC @ICTFC

23- Sutherland nicely slips through Evans, but the Irishman is just offside

26- Gorman long ball produced a footrace between Evans and Pars keeper, Wilson which Evans won, but his shot was well saved.

28- GOAL ICT! Adam Evans slots the ball past Pars keeper, Jamie Wilson after Ali Sutherland slipped him through.

29- Almost an instant reply for the Pars as Draper fumbled Scott Mercer's cross before clawing it behind for a corner.

45- Half Time 1-0

Adam Evans is now 6th top score with 11 goals, one fewer than new sensation Ryan Christie. Hibs Jason Cummings leads the table with 18, how Mr Butcher would like him to grow up quicker. Hibs are top of the table as well although Celtic and the Rangers have games in hand and can go to the top.

53- Danny Williams trying to make something happen, but his effort went wide of the target.

55- GOAL ICT! Ali Sutherland doubles ICT's lead!

Sutherland pounced on the loose ball after Evans' initial shot was saved by Wilson to put it in, nicking it off the toes of Pepper. 2-0

57 - Dunfermline looking to level things up immediately but Declan O'Kane headed just over.

64 - Great save by Nick Draper after some nice build up from the Pars ended with Dargo squaring to Thomas, but Draper saved his effort.

67- Adam Evans looking for more goals, cutting inside Kerr Young and shooting, but his effort was tame and easily gathered.

78- Nearly a third for ICTFC as Sutherland surges forward before sliding in Evans, but his shot was scooped over.

80- Nearly a goal back for the Pars, but again, no end product. This time, Cammy McLair's sliced cross was headed over by Thomas.

81- GOAL! ICT! Matthew Cooper with a beauty! 3-0

Cooper linked up nicely with Evans on the edge of the area before whipping his shot into the top corner, left footed from 18 yards.

83- Ali Sutherland almost making it four with a looping effort from 20 yards the fell just wide of the target.

85- Penalty Dunfermline! Cooper brought down McLair in the area after a poor clearance from Draper.

85- GOAL! Dunfermline score a consolation from the spot through Finn Graham. 3-1

Full Time 3-1

• Agree 3

Excellent commentary thanks, wouldn't mind this sort of thing happening for the pre-season games but I know that is asking a lot when I cannot share the burden and participate myself. Purely self interest on my part I'm afraid.

Just to say it is appreciated.

Evans has to stay imo. On fire lately and despite my claims for more strikers this season after Toby and Allen left, I would be happy with Mckay, Evans, Ferguson as our strikers, assuming Mckay stays

Good wee game, Evans took his goal well as did Cooper.

Some nice touches here and there, agree with most of the previous post regarding who stays & who goes.

Being last game not the best one to make final judgements, seen quite a lot of U20's this season and great to see the youngsters have a good season overall.

• Agree 1

Just in from the game tonight and I came away very entertained with what I saw on the pitch from our youth side. We made two changes tonight from the game last Tuesday vs Dundee United. Nick Draper came in for Cammy MacKay and Calum Howarth coming in for Danny Devine who wasn't in the squad tonight.

The key element again for me tonight and I have to praise the guys on is the passing and movement. The aim of our style tonight was keeping as much possession as would could and work the way into the box and it worked a treat. Another game again where Adam Evans scores again, I would really like him to be kept on for a couple of seasons and eventually break into the first team after all we do know what happens when you're on form in the U20s - Just look at a Ryan Christie for an example.

Credit to Dunfermline, they tried and tried but they couldn't really find the net and I think a lot of credit has to go to our back four. If we didn't give away a silly penalty in the second half, I am almost certain we would have kept a clean sheet tonight.

We scored 3 really good goals tonight which was pleasing but I have to take my hat off to Matthew Cooper who had the ball at the edge of the right hand corner and curved the ball into the top left hand side of the goal - Stunning Goal.

Really pleasing to get the three points tonight to end the season on a high and overall comparing this season squad to last seasons I think this season has really impressed me - The future is bright! :ictscarf: