ICTFC U20s

TopSix

Acording to P&J today Liam Polworth scored both goals - one a free kick just before half time and then a penalty after Shane was brought down in the box. Hamilton had taken the lead twice. It also reports that Chris Hogg continued his comeback with an impressive performance

Was that Georgian boy playing? He was good on Tuesday and has been each time I've seen him.

Nick Ross was the stand out in the game yesterday. His passing was superb, easily can replace A.Shinnie should be leave in the summer.

You must be having a laugh!!! there is a big difference doing well in the u20's and the SPL, Shane is a prime example, always does well but canna do feck all for the first team

Aye this Georgian guy.  He's still only about 17 I believe and hasn't officially signed up, but he looks like he's got potential from what I've seen.  Don't know how to spell his name mind!

• Agree 1

Haven't seen any U20 games.  For the U20 regular supporters, are there any players in there that you reckon could make the step up in the summer?  (Other than U20 players who already sit on the first team bench each week).

The U20 are currently sitting in 4th place joined with St Johnstone. From the games I've seen we do have some good potential in the squad. Shane Sutherland has been scoring a lot of goals and Nick Ross has been put in 2 good shifts last week. In terms of actual youngsters, I have been impressed with Liam Polworth, Kyle Whyte, Ryan Watson and The Georgian Boy over the games I have seen. Ryan Christie's goal last week was definitely something to savour, chipped over the keeper. It's been good seeing Chris Hogg at centre back. Worth mentioning the keeper from last week vs St Johnstone, not sure on his name. He kept a clean sheet and saved 2 penalties. All in all it's very promising and hope we have some of these guys get longer contracts to make the step up to first team,

• Agree 1

The U20s played Dunfermline today. We won the game 1-0 but the game wasn't as eventful as 2 weeks ago when they played Motherwell and St Johnstone.

Nick Ross got on the score sheet again. I thought that Shane Sutherland had a good game in setting up attacks and keeping hold of the ball but still had a few of his off target shots.

Chris Hogg played 45 minutes of football today. Not to sure if this was due to Injury or as a pre caution. This change saw Charlie Taylor moving over to centre back and Ryan Watson coming on to left back.

Jordan Gibbons played on the wings today. This was the first time I have seen him play in his "Natural" position since joining on Loan. I thought he done well in the attacks and was a nuiscence for Dunfermline's left back. Personally think he was quite suited in the centre mid position or even the Andrew Shinnie role when they played Ross County's U20 last month.

Despite the high winds at TCS, it was again a good performance from the youngsters.

Next Home Game is on Wednesday 24th vs Celtic at the TCS. Kick off at 2pm.

Edited by ICTRoughi
  • Agree 4

Thanks for the match report. Live too far away to ever watch the under 20s but always keen to learn how they are doing.

Is the up to date league table available anywhere ?

No problem, will do one after Celtic game on Wednesday.

We are currently 4th.

As mentioned above the full time score was 1-0 to Celtic which means they have won the SPL U20 league.

Celtic were quite dominant with possession of the ball for the majority of the game. They had the big Norwegian defender Thomas Rogne in the defence which helped their defence greatly. Celtic won the game on the last kick of the game due a free kick that looked very dodgy but it was nicely slotted home to give Celtic the three points they needed to win the league. We had a couple of chances in the game but nothing really threatening to Celtic but end of the day, we are still 4th in the league and it seems to have been a very good season for the U20s just like the first team.

Was good see Chris Hogg playing another 90 mins of football and he is coming along nicely with his fitness. I thought that if we had Nick Ross in the squad today, we may have got a draw or even a win but this performance is no real reflection of the season and like the first team move on to the next game.

Regards to the next home game and it will be the last game of the season. It is on the 7th of May vs Aberdeen. The kick off time will probably be announced next week. It would be nice to see a few more faces to end the season on a high for the U20!

Edited by ICTRoughi