Scotty

Decent performance, better team won I thought.

Fenlon's having a moan but they never really put us under any pressure. Says we never had to work hard for the two goals but never mentioned their goal. Seemed to us away up the other end that it took a deflection but maybe it was a brilliant finish by Griffiths. Also a hint of offside but we'll see it on the highlights anyway.

If they hadn't equalised when they did, the ground was about to start emptying 10 mins later. Thought it was men against boys at times with Draper and Jones in the middle and a mystery how Kevin Thomson got MoM.

Edited by TheMantis
  • Agree 1

Europe is an achievable possibility now. After todays win i think we have a great chance of pulling it off too...it feel so awesome to say that!

• Agree 1

If we beat St Johnstone on Friday and if other results go our way, we could be 8 points clear in 3rd at the split.  That would put us a fantasticly strong position for clinching a European place or even 2nd in the SPL.  Friday now becomes the most important game of the season and a win would put the pressure on the chasing pack.  Getting into the top 6 has been a great achivement but maintaining current form could see the team achieve something very special.  Let's hope the fans turn out in numbers and get close to creating the kind of atmosphere there was against County a couple of weeks ago.

• Agree 3

Some key moments of the game....

1 the moment the ball left Ross Drapers foot

2 Griffith was on side when the ball was kicked

3  I think the team in blue know it is a goal

4  Celebrating with the fans

post-5083-0-10107400-1364678917_thumb.jp

post-5083-0-72497800-1364678941_thumb.jp

post-5083-0-31172200-1364678966_thumb.jp

post-5083-0-60492300-1364678988_thumb.jp

• Agree 10

Enjoyed the game yesterday. Thought first half was pretty even but we shaded the second half. Hibs had plenty possession but apart from a flurry of corners in the last 5 minutes, never really looked threatening. Our defence was solid, even without Warren, and I thought G Shinnie had one of his best games for us and should have been MOM. McKay put his usual shift in of 100% effort, and all in all, I was delighted with the team's performance. Enjoyed Tel joining in with some of the players for his post match celebration.

• Agree 1

Pull my finger if county lose their game on sat then dundee utd win their game in hand and their other game dundee united can beat county by 2 pts

Thought I'd add my tuppence worth, in support of Rasczak who'd got it largely correct in post 16, despite PMF's subsequent protestations.

There are a number of situations whereby County could still lose out on 6th spot at the split :-

1)County lose to Hearts leaving them on 45. Then Killie win their two outstanding games to get to 47, and Dundee Utd win their two outanding games getting them to 46, then St. J beat us getting them to 47.

2)Same as no 1) except we draw with St J leaving St J with 45, the same as County. Then it would be down to GD between St J and County, which could go either way.

3) County lose to Hearts leaving them on 45. Dundee Utd win their next two games getting them to 46. St J beat ICT getting them to 47. Killie take 4 points from their two games getting them to 45. Then Killie would get 6th on GD.

4) County draw with Hearts getting them to 46. Killie win their two games getting them to 47. St J beat ICT getting them to 47. Dundee Utd win their two games getting them to 46. Then 6th would be on GD between County and Dundee Utd. Admittedly County have a superior GD at the moment, but a bad loss for them and two good wins for Utd would make it very close.

So, it is still very much up in the air as to whether 'the shadows' join us in top 6. Personally, I hope they do.

• Agree 2

Terrific result for the lads...made up in some measure for the miserable performance of my other team against Birmingham (0-4)...the match on Friday is live on Sky down here, so really excited to be able to sit down with the wife and a beer and watch it.

• Agree 1

That's a terrific lob by Draper. Calm, precise, the right option. Seem to think we've had quite a good few one-on-ones this season...pity they didn't all end like that (he says greedily).

Great result in a great season. 50 points pre-split...outstanding    :clapoverhead:

• Agree 2

Pull my finger if county lose their game on sat then dundee utd win their game in hand and their other game dundee united can beat county by 2 pts

Thought I'd add my tuppence worth, in support of Rasczak who'd got it largely correct in post 16, despite PMF's subsequent protestations.

There are a number of situations whereby County could still lose out on 6th spot at the split :-

1)County lose to Hearts leaving them on 45. Then Killie win their two outstanding games to get to 47, and Dundee Utd win their two outanding games getting them to 46, then St. J beat us getting them to 47.

2)Same as no 1) except we draw with St J leaving St J with 45, the same as County. Then it would be down to GD between St J and County, which could go either way.

3) County lose to Hearts leaving them on 45. Dundee Utd win their next two games getting them to 46. St J beat ICT getting them to 47. Killie take 4 points from their two games getting them to 45. Then Killie would get 6th on GD.

4) County draw with Hearts getting them to 46. Killie win their two games getting them to 47. St J beat ICT getting them to 47. Dundee Utd win their two games getting them to 46. Then 6th would be on GD between County and Dundee Utd. Admittedly County have a superior GD at the moment, but a bad loss for them and two good wins for Utd would make it very close.

So, it is still very much up in the air as to whether 'the shadows' join us in top 6. Personally, I hope they do.

Who actually gives a feckin toss about feckin County ?

• Agree 2