Scotty

St Johnstone made it very difficult for us to do anything. Yet again people are walking out of the stadium complaining. At the start of the season our main objective was to stay in the SPL. Yet, people are moaning because we have DRAWN, not lost, but drawn to a good St Johnstone side. Tonight, during the game we were discussing contenders for ICT's POTY and there were at least 7. That shows how good a season it has been. 5 games to go, 15 points to play for, so lets really get behind the boys instead of constantly being negative about the team. Also, thought i should say that it was great to hear section E and it would be excellent if we could get the whole stand doing that.

• Agree 6

Good noises from the singing guys Fraser I agree..........

I don't normally complain but my usual Friday out night contains sex drugs and rock and roll so this was a bit of a let down for me

• Agree 1

hello. my name is chris anderson. i am a loyal caley thistle fan and i find these comments appalling! i spend all of my lunch money/pocket money on caley! i havent missed a game this season and all i hear is people complaining and it really annoys and upsets me. i love caley thistle because of its passion and commitment, i've gone to terrys house personally to congratulate him on doing so well with the team this season. i dont see anyone else doing this? am i the only loyal supporter? me and my other half liam are fed up with these complaints and rash decisions made by some of you posters.

Look! No Hans!

• Agree 3

Excellent singing from the guys in the North Stand tonight, the best I have heard at home .. It brought the team their best spell during the second half. The singing section truly were the twelfth man tonight.

:clapoverhead:  :clapoverhead:  :clapoverhead:  :clapoverhead:  :clapoverhead:  :clapoverhead:  :clapoverhead:  :clapoverhead:  :clapoverhead:

• Agree 3

hello. my name is chris anderson. i am a loyal caley thistle fan and i find these comments appalling! i spend all of my lunch money/pocket money on caley! i havent missed a game this season and all i hear is people complaining and it really annoys and upsets me. i love caley thistle because of its passion and commitment, i've gone to terrys house personally to congratulate him on doing so well with the team this season. i dont see anyone else doing this? am i the only loyal supporter? me and my other half liam are fed up with these complaints and rash decisions made by some of you posters.

I get the impression you are young Chris!  We have all seen ICT in much better form this season!  Best thing you can do is stay loyal to the club and get your friends to the games! Don't waste your time supporting other teams as well like the Man U's or Barcalona's of this world as they don't give a hoot about you! ICT care and will listen to you!

SPREAD THE WORD Youngling and BELIEVE!!

Sure game was crap and we lacked going forward, but STJs were well organised and made it difficult for us (they clearly came for the draw).

Apart from that the atmosphere was cracking, 20mins non stop of 'dale cavese' who needs a gym eh? German Dave was a lad! FC. Union Berlin fan who said "our ultras vere veally gud ja". 'Ultras' feck me, he must think we're like that all the time LOL. Would be nice if everyone else joined in for a change, even Dave was like "why everyone else sit down?"

Oh and main stand. What the actual F*** applauding Tade? You high?

St Johnstone certainly have the knack for how to stop us playing - in all three matches against them this season we've looked a bit untidy and struggled to put much together.

St J looked far more comfortable on the ball but didn't create all that much - on the other hand, Andy Shinnie, Doran and Draper passed up excellent chances even though we didn't play well.

I'm not sure about this fad Butcher has for playing Draper wide - we miss his energy and running in the centre of the park.  Foran and Jones aren't nearly as mobile and St Johnstone's midfield ran them ragged a bit.

On the bright side, I thought Meekings was absolutely terrific tonight.  Devine had a rocky first half, but was excellent in the second.

I think we can look back on that as a point gained which at least hinders St Johnstone's chances of catching us a bit.  Hopefully Hearts do us a favour tomorrow by taking points off County.

Edited by hislopsoffsideagain

That game had 0-0 written all over it.  Neither side had many chances to score apart from the odd long distance effort.  Our passing was nowhere near as crisp as it has been in recent weeks, with a few long punts starting to creep back in.  Quite a few players weren't their best either: Jones, Draper, A.Shinnie, Foran and McKay weren't in it much and Graeme Shinnie wasn't as good as he normally is.

And Jones MOTM?!  What?!

The only thing of note was that helicopter flying about?  What was the deal with that?

Oh, and Tade was rubbish!

Edited by Renegade

That game had 0-0 written all over it. Neither side had many chances to score apart from the odd long distance effort. Our passing was nowhere near as crisp as it has been in recent weeks, with a few long punts starting to creep back in. Quite a few players weren't their best either: Jones, Draper, A.Shinnie, Foran and McKay weren't in it much and Graeme Shinnie wasn't as good as he normally is.

And Jones MOTM?! What?!

The only thing of note was that helicopter flying about? What was the deal with that?

Oh, and Tade was rubbish!

I'd agree with much of that, we did seem a wee bit off the pace though I thought Draper was involved quite a bit and did quite well. Could have sneaked the three points with a couple of our chances however.

I reckon the chopper pilot was just trying to get on the telly.

watched on tele would have loved to be there i could the singing section on the tele. We didnt perform well but i think a lot of that was to do with St Johnstone forcing us to rush and and play longer balls and when we attacked they gave very little space as there wingers tracked back and made it 10 behind the ball with maclean up front on his own. we did lack a presence up front which he did try to remedy by putting foran alongside mckay but it obvious that we were being over run in midfield so we had to pull him back I think the players had an off night but doran frustrates me sometimes. He is a great player and i hope we get that contract signed sealed and delivered next week but tonight he was looking to cut inside a lot where it was already crowded, instead i would have liked to see him take on his man wide and drive to the byline. But it is a point better off and after a pretty poor performance it is a great point

Yep! The Vancouver Whitecaps don't drive to the byline either and hence Kenny Miller in the centre left position can  cry out all he likes but he will never see the ball driven hard across the goalmouth in the near future. And The 'Caps therefore have lost their last two matches.

Sounds as if the Caley Thistle players are jaded. :wink:

What should Butcher do with Foran?His passing once again was appalling but his effort was huge.Some of his bad passes led to real danger from St Johnstone. Can ICT afford the risk he puts us in?

Yes of course we can. Thought he was playing really deep last night protecting the two young defenders. He is needed for his leadership alone as when he is missing there is none. Unfair to single him out in my opinion on a night when most if not all of the team performed below par.

Just one of those days and we should just move on.

• Agree 1

What should Butcher do with Foran?His passing once again was appalling but his effort was huge.Some of his bad passes led to real danger from St Johnstone. Can ICT afford the risk he puts us in?

Yes of course we can. Thought he was playing really deep last night protecting the two young defenders. He is needed for his leadership alone as when he is missing there is none. Unfair to single him out in my opinion on a night when most if not all of the team performed below par.

Just one of those days and we should just move on.

He had a number of poor passes last night, but I think it's a bit unfair to say 'His passing was appalling once again'.  He's been one of our best players this season, and more often his passing is excellent in games.  I thought he had a great game the week before against Hibs for example.

And I walked all the way from Chorley fer that. Lets face it on that performance the only way that we are getting into Europe is to form a backing choir to Bonnie Tyler. Take yer kids to watch ICT - I rather take them to the Philpotts - and Foran and Tenploe in central midfield compares to Green and feckin Whyte.

But seriously I can evidently feel what wee Chris is saying. At least TB changed it around a bit. His need to keep the four in midfield with two wide annoys me and I feel that he is wasting Draper and I also feel that he is wasting Foran. Stick him wide leftish up front and use him as a target man. Devine looked nervy last nite but I am told that he had a bad nite in comparison to previous games.

Bottom line is that it was a nervous performance - TB understandably went out NOT to lose but we just couldn't change it to be more attacking. I didn't think either team really looked like scoring. St jones may have had more possession but so feckin what. I said before the game that I would take a point so lets face it we are still in the driving seat and a place in Europe is ours to lose. Can we not just play four way games in the split.

The yoof in the North Stand excelled last nite although I couldn't make out what the words of this song was - perhaps there was too much Of the Thistle word used for my liking.

And like wee Chris I will continue to waste my money following ICT because it is in the feckin blood and trips are much more than watching the football !! Next season if it is Morton away or Inter Milan away - or even if it would be East Stirling away - count me in and I will be there till the final feckin whistle

• Agree 2

Yep! The Vancouver Whitecaps don't drive to the byline either and hence Kenny Miller in the centre left position can  cry out all he likes but he will never see the ball driven hard across the goalmouth in the near future. And The 'Caps therefore have lost their last two matches.

Sounds as if the Caley Thistle players are jaded. :wink:

To be honest I was worried about that after missing some of the recent action due to action in the Far East but I was heartened that they looked up fer it. The game was poor but it was a case of two sides cancelling themselves up. I was also worried that we would miss Warren but Meekings was immense and was my MOM

• Agree 1

Meekings outstanding, Doran had moments...Tudur-Jones, alot better than the Ross County game and one of his shots was pretty close, McKay ran his socks off (with no service)....we had that end of season look in the first half (and seem to be short of players!) but better for the first part of the second.

Andy Shinnie was a bit quiet, and I was perturbed to hear the commentator say he might be going to Birmingham, has anyone heard this? (if he's going to leave Caley at all, I want him at Palace!)

BTW the North Stand sounded pretty good on the telly! So nice to be able to sit down with the wife and point out where I actually sat when I came up.

Good luck for the final five...lets secure that European place, would love my first away game to be at somewhere like Lille!

Edited by Eagle4Caley
  • Agree 1

I agree with all the positivity on here and as usual scorn the negativity, we are still doing fabulously well and still adding to the points total.

My man of the match was Reguero thought he did a great job and boy did he get down fast to save the clean sheet. Well done Toni, please stay.

What should Butcher do with Foran?

Swap him and Draper round.  Draper is not a winger and is missed alongside Jones in the middle.  Also get Doran back on the right - I think he's a better player on his natural side.

• Agree 1

Tade played right wing, said it all about their tactics, he still gets more in a first touch than he does in any shot ive seen. 

We struggled to get any space last night, got closed down very quickly but we were still unlucky not to score. OTJ nearly had another screamer and Draper was thwarted by a terrific save by Alan Mannus. 

After County's arse dropping today we are still very much front runners for Europe so come on folks lets make it happen, atmosphere last night was incredible, a few more games with that kind of backing and the lads will pick up results to make the dream a reality, no question about that. 

Edited by ajsict92
  • Agree 3