Scotty

Nice to see County's annual "April Implosion" happening again!

Their fans are jubilant....saying it took ICT 8 seasons to reach top 6 and they did it first attempt. Well...bottom line is....we got there first...as usual....so...they are still, forever in our shadow lol

• Agree 5

So if Hibs had beaten us last week they would only need to beat Celtic by 4 clear goals to keep County in the bottom six?

Dundee beating Killie so a win for the Dons or Utd. means less time on the road if they are away fixtures. :thumbup:

As poor as last nights performance was....we cant win em all. The positive is that we are on a run of now 6 games unbeaten (i think, if not, certainly 5). We have only lost 5 or 6 times this season, thats an amazing feat!

Edited by SMEE
  • Agree 1

Their fans are jubilant....saying it took ICT 8 seasons to reach top 6 and they did it first attempt. Well...bottom line is....we got there first...as usual....so...they are still, forever in our shadow lol

So in those 8 seasons, where were they playing their football? A bit like saying "look at me" before falling flat on your face really. :laugh:

• Agree 1

What should Butcher do with Foran?

His passing once again was appalling but his effort was huge.

Some of his bad passes led to real danger from St Johnstone. Can ICT afford the risk he puts us in?

Please. Oh please. Tell me your taking the pee here. He's our 3rd top scorer, put it into perspective if this was last season hed be our top scorer by a mile.

So in those 8 seasons, where were they playing their football? A bit like saying "look at me" before falling flat on your face really. :laugh:

And lets not forget, C*unty ONLY got into 1st division by default. They got there thro reconstruction, not thro their own footballing merits. nah...fook em.....we secured top 6 before they did...and the history books will reflect that lol

i had a ball of a time. stood next to a german guy called david, who loved the chants from section E and got involved. jamp arround for about half an hours, got home after having a great night, and everyones fecking miserable. bore off. if the games shi*e make use of your time and enjoy yourself. get involved and sing. dont moan about a shi*e game because youve just sat on your tod being a miserable ponce for 90 minutes.

rant over.

great noise in the second half. enjoyed myself.

come at me sweetie rustlers!

"bore off "  are you rosie webster in disguise :wink:

i had a ball of a time. stood next to a german guy called david, who loved the chants from section E and got involved. jamp arround for about half an hours, got home after having a great night, and everyones fecking miserable. bore off. if the games shi*e make use of your time and enjoy yourself. get involved and sing. dont moan about a shi*e game because youve just sat on your tod being a miserable ponce for 90 minutes.

rant over.

"bore off " are you rosie webster in disguise :wink:

Erm no I'm Kevin...

Was a bit disappointed with the game traveled up from Edinburgh for it, but a point is a point. What did everyone think about Devines' performance, thought he was a bit shaky but came into the game more as it went on, meekings is developing into some player. Felt a point was deserved as we could have nicked it with drapers header and i still feel terry is a bit late in his subs 

Don't think tade should have been applauded imo

rant over.

ockquote>

"bore off " are you rosie webster in disguise :wink:

Erm no I'm Kevin...

In which case you are breaking the conditions of your bail surely...get him nicked!!!  :redcard:

There's nothing I hate more on here than posters criticising other people's criticising of the team's performance.  Attitudes that "negative" opinions should never be expressed, or "if you didn't enjoy the game, it's your own fault", are bizarre, perplexing and of no use to anyone.  I believe that forums are better places when people call a spade a spade.  That's is, after all, their purpose.

There have been times in the past, where a result such as last nights would have been deemed a good one.  There have been times when that performance would have been deemed acceptable due the fact that we hadn't gotten beat - and a point further away from the drop.  If anything, criticising performances such as last night's, shows just what an excellent season we have had.  This season has been more like the seasons in the lower leagues, when we went into games - particularly home games - thinking that we are going to go out there and win.  If that's our attitude going into games and come out feeling disappointed after seeing a poor display and only a point, then surely that shows just how far we have come.

Edited by Renegade
  • Agree 4

I evidently agree wholeheartedly but there are some who only look at the negatives. The posters - and there are a few - who I tend to take notice of are those who basically say it as they saw it, outline the positives but provide rationales fer the negatives. There are too many who simply expect us towin everything and that will never happen. As previously noted I did feel that there were positional and tactical gaffes apparent again but the result to me was more important than the performance. I also have to admit that the prospect of European football makes me pretty feckin nervous and would really be the ultimate achievement - but we have five very difficult games coming up. The other important thing about the game was that we remained unbeaten and put another point on the board. We can only feck it up now and such an occurrence will fire up many. My biggest concern is that the likes of Cellic, Well and Perf appear to have wholly Sussed us out and we need to chane our tactics accordingly. I have my doubts whether we can as it is TB's weakness. I have a feeling that the "togetherness" factor may take us over the line.

The problem with haveing a good season is we expect the same high standards in every game which is not going to happen so we have to take the positives from the game and that being yes we played poorly but we still took a point and had a clean sheet - in seasons gone by we would have lost that game

• Agree 3

Nah, it took Cownty since 1929, we're the mongrels remember!

Of course ICT reached the top 8 after 11 seasons....... Cownty took 5 years to win div 3, got out of div 2 by reconstruction, got relegated back to div 2 by Gretna (a team ICT trounced every time they met btw), took 18 years to reach top 12, got lucky this year with oldco going bust.......

I wonder how they would have got on without Dundee. Possibly detached at the bottom by Xmas although they did improve their squad after the year, you have to give them that. Dodgy bit of pitch sabotage at new year of course, to avoid a hiding!

Edited by TheMantis
  • Agree 3

Not sure if anybody mentioned it earlier in the topic.  Our throw ins have to be the worst in British Football.  We virtually give possession away every time we get a throw in.  Always waiting for a full back to amble along and take the throw in, always short and always losing the ball within three touches.

That needs sorting out quickly.

Not sure if anybody mentioned it earlier in the topic.  Our throw ins have to be the worst in British Football.  We virtually give possession away every time we get a throw in.  Always waiting for a full back to amble along and take the throw in, always short and always losing the ball within three touches.

That needs sorting out quickly.

It gets mentioned every season.  Grant Munro had a great long throw but Terry stopped him using it and throws have been dross ever since.  Most of the players never seem interested in finding a bit of space and making themselves available.  It seems to be the fringe players like Sutherland, Ross and Pepper (remember him?) who seem to look interested.  We are not only bad at our own throws, we often don't mark up well for opposition throws.  I simply don't understand why this area of the game is so neglected.  It is actually quite extraordinary that our results have been so good when we are so poor at throw ins.

Josh Meekings has quite a good long throw, but like Munro before him, seldom uses it.  I presume this is done because Butcher doesn't want a centre-back out of position for the throw, which is fair enough if it's way down the field, but when it's in a good position, surely someone else could be made to cover at the back.

I've always thought as well, that if I was an opposition manager, and cottoned onto this, I'd get my team to hoof ball long towards the corner flags and try and win possession from there and thus get it into the ICT box.  We really are that poor at them.