Did you work for Caledonian or Thistle?

BornCaley

Rule 1 Do not talk about the merger

Rule 2 Do not talk about the merger.

Anyway! I was curious if any of the old timers on here were attached to old clubs at all and do those attachments last today!

Personally I used to play for the Telford ST Colts when i moved to Dalneigh! We were allowed the odd training session at Telford Street and I used to help with Ball Boy duties once or twice! My family had close ties to Eddie Davidson was i think was a board member at the time.

My only tie to ICT is I am good friends with Club Sec Jim Falconers sons!

Well.....I used to go to Caley training on Monday and thursday nights and chase the ball for them. My reward was getting to sit with the players and have half an orange during the break in training.

I also used to sometimes help claen the Caley park on a sunday morning. Mostly i did  this in the hope of finding a matchday Program lying on the ground somewhere, for my collection.

And at times, id run out and retrieve the balls from gardens on telford street, during matches.

All of these positions were unpaid and done out of love lol

• Agree 1

Worked lots of Caley, selling programmes, did the gates, helped out in the tea room, even helped Tommy with the ground sometimes especially during school holidays when the sprinklers needed moved and he was at work!!!!!

You name it I helped out.

• Agree 1

Sold programmes for Thistle (made one once). Played for their youth and trained with Jim Leishman. One first team effort in a pre season game in Fife. My father was in both Jags and ICT committees ending up doing the tannoy.

Better at football than you are at darts then...

• 1 month later...

I got a message from Mark Benstead of Sky. He's up in Sneck for next few days doing a bit about the merger for the build up to Sunday. 

He's keen to speak to people who have memories of the merger. All views welcome, pro or anti. I can't do it as I'm not in El Snecko.

Any volunteers? PM me with your email or mobile and I'll pass it on.

Mother of God.. this is Dougal's big opportunity to get national coverage! :D

Aye, but Mantis anticipated that and deliberately gave out a wrong name for the Sky reporter! :lol:

Mind you, Dougal is probably already heading for the phone box on Telford Street to look out his blue Santa suit and Bah Humbug hat.

Oh yes, and the old footage of Cup Finals at Hampden in the 1930s with crowds of 130,000 who he will say are Caley fans meeting to protest against the Merger. :smile:

Edited by Charles Bannerman
  • Agree 1