Free weekend. Clach game anyone?

ForzaCaley

It's getting far too expensive to come up for ICT games these days unless you make a weekend of it  :drinking06:  Far less Clach. Last time I was there with caley100 we saw ICT lose 3-1 to Hearts in a noon kickoff before heading down the Ferry for Clach v Locos. We only missed the first goal and it ended 3-3.

Edinburgh based fans are welcome to come along here tomorrow. Only £5 admission and I'll buy you a pint.

It's getting far too expensive to come up for ICT games these days unless you make a weekend of it  :drinking06:  Far less Clach. Last time I was there with caley100 we saw ICT lose 3-1 to Hearts in a noon kickoff before heading down the Ferry for Clach v Locos. We only missed the first goal and it ended 3-3.

Edinburgh based fans are welcome to come along here tomorrow. Only £5 admission and I'll buy you a pint.

Was it Whitehill who had the temerity to score first at the Caledonian Stadium in the Cup several years ago before losing 8-1? I always get mixed up with these non league teams down there - apart from Gala Fairydean because of Chairman Matt Hall's intransigence when CT was in its infancy and Spartans because everybody remembers Spartans!

Edited by Charles Bannerman

Why? They hate caley.

Not quite. SOME Clachers dislike ICT (sic) but there is also a lot of empathy. For instance you will very frequently find the Clach committee boys in the ICT (sic!) Social Club on a Saturday night and a number of their supporters. Since their own unfortunately had to be sold, the ICT (sic :lol: ) Club has almost become a new Clach Club.

It's getting far too expensive to come up for ICT games these days unless you make a weekend of it :drinking06: Far less Clach. Last time I was there with caley100 we saw ICT lose 3-1 to Hearts in a noon kickoff before heading down the Ferry for Clach v Locos. We only missed the first goal and it ended 3-3.

Was it Whitehill who had the temerity to score first at the Caledonian Stadium in the Cup several years ago before losing 8-1? I always get mixed up with these non league teams down there - apart from Gala Fairydean because of Chairman Matt Hall's intransigence when CT was in its infancy and Spartans because everybody remembers Spartans!

No, that was Annan. ICT beat Whitehill 3-1 in round 1 and Queen's Park 2-0 in round 2 before meeting Annan, who had mysteriously survived to round 3....

This season WW went out to Locos 4-2 but had beaten Lossie and Wick the year before.

Darran Thomson got a few games at LB for WW last season but of course wasn't good enough :laugh:

WW have won the EOSL a record 15 times since entering it in 1979. Spartans have only won about 6 titles.

Edited by TheMantis

Very controversial! Cove's only goal of the game came from a dubious penalty for hand ball which also led to Clach's Colin Williamson getting a red card. This may have killed Clach's title chances but with Wick losing and Nairn drawing, the balance towards the end of this season where the North clubs seemed to be making a big breakthrough seems to have swung back towards Aberdeenshire, where Cove and title favourites Formartine seem to have moved into pole position.

Thoroughly enjoyable day at Grant Street as ever, though - and it was relatively warm for the first time for months!!

Went a wee alternative away day to Elgin. Visited the social club for the first time in 20 plus years. Then watched an enjoyable 3-2 win for Elgin plenty of ex ICT players on show too! A bonus was the great cup of coffee and sausage roll sold at a reasonable price which was much better than anything the SPL has to offer.

On friday night I had a change of heart and instead went to Inverurie to see the Locos as Harlaw park is one HL ground iv still not been too. Had a great day out, harlaw park is great wee venue for football (by far best park in the league). There was crowd of 500 or so which is decent for HL and lots of kids aswell, clearly very much a community club. Was made very welcome and many people I spoke to were happy to learn about ICT aswell. There was also two 50 somthing guys with a massive flag and 2 vuvuzelas, they said they were the Crazy Kaisers, Inverurie ultras haha. Brilliant banter. As for the game, great entertainment and had both teams took their chances it could have ended 4-4 instead of 2-0 to locos. Wick are a good side and barry has them playing good passing footy. All in all a great day out and I would recomend Inverurie to any football fan/groundhopper!

• Agree 1

I suppose I should report that Whitehill defeated Edinburgh City 2-0 to move into second place, 6 points behind leaders Spartans with 3 games in hand......

Also for the benefit of Charles, they have a final next weekend, the South Challenge Cup, the equivalent of the old Q-Cup. This will be against Dalbeattie Star from the South of Scotland League and will be played at Galabank, home of SFL club Annan Athletic!

Dalbeatie need to go junior. Too good to be in that South of Scotland League. I know they've previously tried the EoS, but I'm sure they could hold their own initially in the lower West leagues.Or even better...the Pyramid system that Scottish football badly needs.

I think the travelling was an issue for them though.

Whitehill beat them 5-1 in pre-season which is not always a great guide, but the South teams regularly get hammered by East teams in the South Cup or Scottish.

However we'll see what happens on Sunday and I hope these comments don't come back to bite me on the bum......

Edited by TheMantis

Went to see Clach playing away today against Steve Paterson's Formartine. Thumping 5-1 victory for the home side and Clach now well and truly out of the title race.

Formartine struck me as a typical Pele side playing open, entertaining, attacking football. Good to see an true ICT legend coming to the fore again.

• Agree 1

Watched Formartine beat Nairn 4-1 at Station Park a couple of weeks ago, very disciplined at the back and middle of the park but there front four were given all the freedom they wanted, should win the league at a canter now.

• 2 weeks later...