The "Who Should We Sign" Thread

Renegade

Guest Mahonio

That's a tough one.

I suppose it depends on who's available and also depends on who else goes, at the moment we are needing a goalkeeper and midfielder.

For Goalie, I would say Lee Robinson of Queen of the South and there was a rumour thread regarding taking a chance on Nick Clark.

Can't think of anyone else at the moment.

Need to bulk up the striking options next season. Lyle Taylor of Falkirk one option, Kris Doolan of Partick but with them being promoted he will probably stay at Partick. A replacement for Antonio will be needed too, not too sure on candidates.

A couple of promising Arsenal youngsters to bulk up the squad wouldn't go a miss.

Main thing for next season is keep majority of squad together which we are slowly getting there with.

Guest Mahonio

It is likely that our new additions will be English based, so we should be thinking of players from down there rather than Scottish based players, even though Scottish based players would be nice.

Matt Barnes-Homer would be good, he's Macclesfield top scorer. Probably have to wait and see who becomes available before I tout anyone else.

Guest Mahonio

Who? Shows how much attention I pay to 1st Division that I don't know much about their team, I wasn't paying much attention to cup semi as I was working.

Only Falkirk players I know are Sibbald, Taylor, Dods and McGovern.

I can't see us getting anyone from the 1st Division unless their contracts are up in the Summer. Can imagine Steve Marsella has already brought a list of players to Terry's attention most likely from down south but apart from another GK and possibly a striker/attacking midfielder I don't think we need anyone.

I can't see us getting anyone from the 1st Division unless their contracts are up in the Summer. Can imagine Steve Marsella has already brought a list of players to Terry's attention most likely from down south but apart from another GK and possibly a striker/attacking midfielder I don't think we need anyone.

Surely who we need depends on whether those yet to sign actually do? We could yet lose Doran and Jones, both who we'd need to replace.

Guest Mahonio

It's sounding promising regarding Doran and Jones, seems Jones is happy in Highlands and Europe should convince Doran to stay.

What about Sutherland, Hogg, King, Mathieson, Polworth and Laing, seems to have gone quiet on these few, we could end up needing replacements for them and i agree with whoever it was that said Marsella is probably already on the lookout for replacements, he seems to know a bargain when he sees one.

Guest Mahonio

What about Andy Bishop? Bury got relegated today so they may need to offload players, especially with state their in just now, they are needing £1m before end of season.

Edited by Mahonio

I was watching the FA Cup semi-final today, was pretty impressed with Sergio Aguero and Eden Hazard.  Both looked as though they'd be handy additions to our squad.

Smaller lugs than Richie Brittain too.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/dundee/220545-the-129-spl-players-who-will-be-out-of-contract-at-the-end-of-the-season/

Based on the players listed in this ( not 100% accurate as Ross has signed with us) could get a fairly decent squad. If I was to pick 6/7 to add to the current guys already signed would go for

Gary Irvine (good back up to raven and shinne)

Barry Douglas (young energetic and would work well with shinnie)

Darren Barr (all round cover in defence and if draps and jones injured)

Steven Saunders (got bad injury at Motherwell but is decent when fully fit, would compete with warren and meekings)

Steffens Wohlfarth (back up to McKay, squad player)

Graham Carey (just incase doran doesn't sign up)

And a goalkeeper although dont know which one I would pick.

We haven't raided County in a while!  Kovacevic and that big Greek left-back fella would suit me.

Also, I don't know about his contract status, but what about Stevie May?  Only 20ish and scoring for fun in Division One!

• Agree 1

Take a chance on a few of the lower league players, Lyle Taylor, Ross Forbes, Joe Cardle, Stephen Doris...just to name a few...

A new back up keeper is required, Whether Shane is kept on or not we need another striker in case we lose Billy to injury. Depending on OTJ and Doran, if they were to leave they would need replaced. A new flair player to fill the void left by Shinnie.

The advantage this summer is we have a lot of the squad signed up, i dont see us needing much more than maybe 5 signings over pre season.

Guest Mahonio

Who is Forbes with now?

Forbes was in SPL with Motherwell at one point so wonder if Terry was his manager at some point because if he was, he could persuade him to join.