The "Who Should We Sign" Thread

Renegade

Aberdeen just released 11 players .......

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22514174

First-team players Rory Fallon, Mitch Megginson, Rob Milsom, Gary Naysmith, Isaac Osbourne, Gavin Rae and Dan Twardzik are to leave Pittodrie.

Youth players Scott MacAulay, Zach Szemis, Stuart Close and Jamie Hamilton will also not be offered contracts. Stephen Hughes and Jordon Brown have also been told they can leave despite having contracts for next season.

That young German keeper Twardzik might be worth a look at. He came through the youth system of Bayern Munich which is certainly not the worst on this planet. OTOH, he couldn't take the number 1 shirt from the worst SPL keeper...

Rae was off to Australia the moment he joined Aberdeen, said he would play 18 months there then emigrate.

Milsom might not be a bad shout, were it not for injury he would probably still be a key player for them, can play anywhere across the middle and at left back.

That young German keeper Twardzik might be worth a look at. He came through the youth system of Bayern Munich which is certainly not the worst on this planet. OTOH, he couldn't take the number 1 shirt from the worst SPL keeper...

Wasn't overly impressed with him when he came to Inverness for the U20 game last week. Supposedly, we have interest in ex celtic goalkeeper Robbie Thomson.

Rory Fallon might be worth a look.  Would certainly offer something a bit different to McKay up front.

Wasn't overly impressed with him when he came to Inverness for the U20 game last week. Supposedly, we have interest in ex celtic goalkeeper Robbie Thomson.

Who by the way, played against us in the League Cup earlier this season for Stenhousemuir.  From what I remember he was rather good that night as well.

• Agree 1

Rory Fallon might be worth a look.  Would certainly offer something a bit different to McKay up front.

Who by the way, played against us in the League Cup earlier this season for Stenhousemuir.  From what I remember he was rather good that night as well.

I think Thomson played in the recent trial match but not too sure. 

All being released for a reason - they arent good enough and have been replaced by youngsters and their wages will be too high for what they can offer. I'd suggest looking at the youth players, but in a team that has played so many youngsters over the last year or so, if they were good enough they wouldn't be leaving, still could be a local(ish) gem in there.

Different in that McKay scores goals and Fallon doesn't!

Edited by Yngwie
  • Agree 2

Guest Mahonio

Thomson won't come. He was pretty pissed of with us!

Why would he be annoyed at us, what happened?

If they're not good enough for a team languishing in the bottom half of the table, what on earth makes anyone think they're good enough for the team that's 3rd?

By that token, we should be getting rid of Esson, be glad A.Shinnie is going, hopeful that Hayes will never come back and be criticising the likes of Raven, Foran etc that never made it in the lower reaches of England.  Instead, we should only be bringing in first team players from Celtic and Motherwell, plus the likes of top Championship and Premiership sides.

It just doesn't work like that.

I can't remember much but some of our fans were annoying him during the match. A bit like what we did when Alan Combe played for Kilmarnock. If I remember right Combe once spat at us!

I can't remember much but some of our fans were annoying him during the match. A bit like what we did when Alan Combe played for Kilmarnock. If I remember right Combe once spat at us!

I remember that, wasn't just the fans he was annoying remember Andy's GIRUY to him after he scored the penalty

I'd like another pacey wide man, some other option up front to help out McKay or cover for him if he is injured, another GK and perhaps a midfielder to replace OTJ if he goes.