Scotty

Disappointing result but once again you can't fault any of the players attitudes or efforts. We held out well for 60 minutes and were just beginning to frustrate Celtic when they scored. Warren going off made things difficult as he was simply superb first half and you could see the defence lacked organisation without him as highlighted from the corner that Ambrose was left with a free header from 6 yards. Can't understand the criticism of OTJ at all. I thought he had a very good game against an unbelievable talent in Wanyama. We've always said that if Celtic play at their best, they'll beat us and unfortunately the last 30 mins from Celtic was very good. The movement from Hooper and Commons in particular caused us problems and you can see why they are paid what they are paid. Saying that, credit has to go to Josh Meekings for yet another brilliant game in the centre of defence. His tackle at the end of the first half was perfectly timed and he marshalled the front two of Celtic very well for 60 minutes. He's only 20/21 and has performed at a very high and consisted level all season and for this I think he may very well be my vote for player of the year.

One concern I do have is Butchers constant decision to play Draper out wide. He really is wasted out there and I feel that yesterday was a perfect example that it just doesn't work. When soaking up pressure like we were, we desperately needed an out ball and we didn't have one. A.Shinnie would normally give us this but he was having to drop deep yesterday to help out in midfield and Doran didn't have his best afternoon. Draper and Jones I believe is our best partnership in the middle and I really hope they are re-united for Saturday. 

I notice the amount of people mentioning Butchers tactical change yesterday by taking Shinnie off for Taylor. I have a sneaky suspicion this may be a plan for next season with Doran (if he stays) taking Shinnies role in the hole behind the striker. Just a theory but i'd like to see it given a bit of time as I believe he may be quite effective in that position. I was actually quite impressed by our left side once G.Shinnie was pushed further forward.

What did people make of Devine's yellow card? From where I was sitting it seemed like the usual play acting from Samaras who went down in a heap holding his face. Did the TV show any contact?

The fixtures may not have been the kindest towards us but I for one am glad to have got Celtic out the way at the start as we now have four winnable games and can hopefully build momentum without having to face a team the calibre of Celtic. Lets just remember where we have come from this season and really get behind the team for one final push towards Europe. Butcher, Malpas and all the players deserve so much praise whether we make Europe or not so let's really just show them how much we appreciate their efforts this season by turning out in numbers for the last four games and really backing the team hopefully into Europe.

What a season and it continues...

:ictscarf:

• Agree 2

Now that is what ya call intelligent debate. I concur with the Warren comments but raised concerns as to why he started or was not taken off earlier to save him for the last four games. Of course that decision would have been as much Warrens as TB'S but Ihope that it doesn't backfire as Warrens presence is a big plus factor. Good point about Meekings and a great tackle.

I just felt that OTJ's head went down in the second half and not fer the first time this season. I also fel that Draper and OTJ is the better combination and if I was going to replace A.Shinnie I would throw Foran up front as McKay suffers without someone being more of the target man and only Foran provides that. Ross and Doran gives us more width and allows for interchange.

If Doran went in to the hole then we would suffer out wide unless Pepper comes back in to consideration. And that was not the time for experimentation. Why not take on Ross and put him rite, Draper central and Foran up front. Our defence had two fledglings in it and it lost all shape.

Rousing last paragraph which any ICT supporter, irrespective of their standards, would agree with but there will be an everlasting disappointment if we blow the last four games as we did the League Cup.

Have said my bit on midfield already but many good points made in the two pieces above. I'm all for discussion and debate, that's what a Forum is. Not keen on debacle though so hoping our opponents have them over the next few weeks. Gary out is a real blow, but I feel Josh will rise to the occasion on Saturday and lead by example.  

Hope there is a good Blue and Red turn out. I'm due to be down in Glasgow over the weekend but def coming back up to Perth Sat for the game.

St Johnstone? They'll be lucky to get Nil!