St Johnstone -V- ICT

Scotty

1 - 0 Full Time

Very tight League now

Could end up 5th at this rate, massive games ahead[/quot

Tinkerville and Perf still have both to play Cellic and Well and we have two home games. We are still third and we have the best goal difference. You are showing yer nervy Jack ancestry there lad !!

• Agree 2

I think County are the threat. Saints have to now play 2 away games and it has been there home games that got them in the top 6 so away to United who they struggle against and then away to celtic to so they may struggle to get lots of points there. County have celtic next week and then go to motherwell. If we can beat motherwell then it means they have to win that game to confirm second place so county have it hard. We have to home games i know we have a terrible record against them but i dont think we will be that open this time. United at home could go ever way and then the derby it could be that game that sort out europe.

I know today was a bit different because we went down to ten men but I think we've been sussed out big time.

We have not scored many goals at all over the last amount of games and our lone 5 foot 8 centre forward tactic just isn't working anymore and it's very frustrating to watch too..

Guest Mahonio

Knowing our form, we'll win at Motherwell.

We have to now hope Celtic and Motherwell beat Ross County and St Johnstone.

I hope Tel loses the head after that, someone let me know what he said after that.

After the red card it was a case of slow the game down and defend like buggery.  W were one lapse away from claiming what would have been an immense point considering we were a man down for 88 minutes. It was a huge effort regardless, and I'm surprised people are being critical of the team.

Edited by Yngwie
  • Agree 3

i think it was a great rear guard effort and if anything we could and maybe should have nicked something. Saints just started lobbing it forward and if we showed a bit more composure with our passing and not tried to rush it we may have created a few more chances. We still have the advantage and the other have tricky matches still to play as we do and i know i would rather be chased than having to do the chase

• Agree 1

Gutted but still some hope. Going to be a very nervy 3 weeks! I hope we have the bottle.

But personally I hope this result will stop the constant BS about getting our passports ready or 'beachball sundays'. We're not there yet!! Let's hang on and wait, it will be more sweeter gloating when/if we actually get Europe!

Edited by ForzaCaley

Lets face it, we will get feck all from the visit of Mothersmell - nothing!     especially as they now have local hero back playing, so it looks like the Arabs game will be really crucial, we have to hope 'he scores when wants' decides to turn up next saturday and the following week too.

Feckin ref's, dont ya hate them at times.

• Agree 1

Thanks for the advertising Mr Huisdean :blink:

Top-Six was achieved, that's history now. We have to move on but we appear to be standing still. Four games against a rubbish St Johnstone and we have failed to beat them. I feel we have not done enough against them, content to keep what we have. Today was slightly different given the ordering off, but same old same old I#m afraid and I saw nothing to give me confidence to think we can go from here and get over the finishing line, a line we should have crossed already.

I'm no a happy bunny because I could see this coming and unfortunately it is happening now and I can do nothing about it, neither can Butcher it seems.

• Agree 1

Guest Mahonio

Quote from Butcher to BBC Teletext: "I am very proud of our young boys, we'll be fine in next 3 games if they play like that for rest of season".

That's positivity for you ;-).

Also he's planning an appeal to Ravens red, anyone think he'll win or will SFA be against us as per usual, speaking to someone on Facebook he said that Vine didn't have to go down and went looking to get Dave sent off, if thats true then Vine is a cheating *******!!

Edited by Mahonio

So the SFA is against ICT, Celtic, Hearts, Rangers and St Mirren now?!  Anyone know who they are biased to?

Looked like a red card to me.  If you disagree, that's because you disagree.  Not everything is a conspiracy.

There are times in a season when it appears that everythings against you and today seemed to be one of them. This looked to to be a classic caley jags away backs against the wall day until Raven was sent off, and the outcome hinged on that. After it, we were always going to have to defend desperately and we did that immensely well until 77 minutes when the erxtra man finally told. Meekings may think he should have done better, but it was a tired tackle on hasslebaink that allowed him to cross for the goal. Unsurprising when you look at the amount of runs forward he had to do to support a midfield that was fighting like hell. Tony Reguero kept us in it, just as Allan Mannus did in the last game for the Saints.

No doubt people have now had a chance to look at raven's red card. It was not a last man challenge (Meekings and Taylor were coming round). It didn't deny a goalscoring opportunity (it was a diagonal ball going wide) and there was little or no contact and what contact there was with Raven's arm coming across - unintentional. I've seen the footage god knows how many times, and Dave confirmed it. The game was decided on that, and with 11 men we might very well have held out.

Don't forget that St johnstone were in europe last year and are fourth on merit and to say that they are rubbish is, frankly, rubbish.We have matched them every game this season when we have been 11 on 11, so the result could be said to be par for the course. Pathetic? No, and it does both sides an injustice to infer that. Just a sore one, and one that makes the next two home games crucial.

I'm with Johndo here, the passports out.

• Agree 2

A clear goal scoring opportunity and the last man. The red card was fair enough.

I'm not sure how you can say that Kingsmills. He didn't have control of the ball, it was drifting wide, Meekings was well up with play and could have closed him down.

Now he MAY have taken the ball under control, he MAY have had enough pace and skill for Meekings to have not reached him, and he MAY have got a shot away - but that certainly doesn't make it a CLEAR goal scoring opportunity in my view.

It was an extremely important decision in a crucial game, but I think I would feel just as disgruntled had this been our first game of the season.

• Agree 2

They should ban games between us and them. They're always snorefests, and completely devoid of any excitement. Rubbish game, rubbish result, and it looks like we're doing our best to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory in the final run in.

• Agree 1