Tulloch Stadium Suitability

BornCaley

I'm only asking this as my ICT team in FM13 played their Euro league group stages at Mcdirmaid Park.  yet my 3rd round & play off round were at Tulloch Stadium. So in a real situation does our stadium pass FIFA rules on holding Euro ties?

* As I am not counting ones chickens, this is a "in general" topic and in no way associated with the our current SPL fight to the death for a Euro place.

I believe you have to have 7,000 seats or something to play in the Euro qualifiers at your ground.  You have to have at least 8,000 for the group stage.  We have 7,711 just now I think, so we'd have to get 300 seats from somewhere!

Not really relevant to Europe (at least I don't think so) but the SFA gives TCS a 'silver' designation and only about 3 SPL stadiums get a 'gold'.

The Dingwall Sandpit Arena only has 'bronze' at present but I think is due to gain 'silver' next year. At present I think their pitch would fail them as the standard has to be 'good' rather than 'acceptable'.

Edited by TheMantis

I've already posted on this subject but a stadium that only has three stands is not suitable for top flight football in Scotland never mind Europe

Unfortunately we will always be a laughing stock while are stadium remains in it's current form i.e not complete and open to the elements and subsequently losing the atmosphere

It's simple if we have no ambition to build a fourth stand we need to start looking into new sites to build even if it meant slightly reducing the current capacity

Dougal

Why on earth would the club spend money it doesn't have on a stand that we don't need just to make the stadium look vaguely aesthetically a little more pleasing on the eye.

Get a sense of perspective Dougal. The least of Scottish football's problems is grounds lacking in symmestry.

Edited by Kingsmills
  • Agree 4

I've already posted on this subject but a stadium that only has three stands is not suitable for top flight football in Scotland never mind Europe

Unfortunately we will always be a laughing stock while are stadium remains in it's current form i.e not complete and open to the elements and subsequently losing the atmosphere

It's simple if we have no ambition to build a fourth stand we need to start looking into new sites to build even if it meant slightly reducing the current capacity

Dougal

Why is a stadium with only three sides not suitable for top flight football in Scotland?

Dougal

Mmmm, so we should spend money that we don't have to build a stand that we don't need as some kind of vanity project? Why not just go the whole hog and get a retractable roof built too, if you can find the funds we could call it the 'Dougal Dome'.

• Agree 1

We are the only top flight Club in Scotland to have three stands.

There are numerous grounds in the Division 1 that are more pleasing on the eye than our gaff

In 1994 we were promised an all seated modern stadia somewhere that Invernessians could be proud off. Well I'm still waiting!!!!

What I find galling is the decision to construct a so called stadium on the present site was made by businessmen from a business view and not football men from a football view

We deserve better

Dougal

• Agree 1

There are numerous grounds in the Division 1 that are more pleasing on the eye than our gaff

In 1994 we were promised an all seated modern stadia somewhere that Invernessians could be proud off. Well I'm still waiting!!!!

What I find galling is the decision to construct a so called stadium on the present site was made by businessmen from a business view and not football men from a football view

We deserve better

Dougal

So, as I said a vanity project...

We deserve better

Dougal

Why is a stadium with only three sides not suitable for top flight football in Scotland? 

• Agree 1

dougal, on 29 Apr 2013 - 07:30 AM, said:

We deserve better

Dougal

In actual fact St Johnstone have closed 1 stand, and going by their crowds another might follow! not only that Aberdeen are closing the top half of the dick stand, kind of puts yer argument down the toilet mate.

We deserve better

Dougal

Hamilton Accies only had two stands when they were in the SPL (and that little gazebo that was hardly ever used).  Was New Douglas Park a laughing stock as well?

Having been to away games at nearly every SPL ground, I can say from experience that the TCS is certainly not the worst.

Edited by Renegade

Previous threads on this subject have provided a lot of detail on costs (both construction and running) and the pros and cons of having a fourth stand.

I totally understand the commercial argument but I too (and I suspect several others) would prefer to see a fourth stand even if it was only a four to six row basic steel structure split into two elements for home and away segregation.

Unfortunately though it is not going to happen unless a kind benefactor donates some cash, materials and labour to allow it to happen.