Europe:- The Final Countdown

tm4tj

Seeing as the games are all over the shop, I thought I would start a wee thread about all the other games in the Top-Six shoot out.

Credit to Motherwell, unless they do a Falkirk they are humping Dundee United 0-3 at Tannadice, some scoreline :sad:  Worthy second place at the moment and scuppering the Arabs surge into the elite.

Not sure what the best result would be for us with Celtic now still playing for the win tomorrow, still, makes for an interesting last five games. :crazy:

Not a bad result for us I think. Motherwell were always likely to secure second spot and a drubbing keeps the potentially Dangerous Arabs well behind us in the race for third and the final European spot.

Celtic still needing a result when they play us on Sunday could work either way. Could be that the tension will get to them and that may work in our favour.

Edited by Kingsmills

Randolph has been a huge asset for Motherwell and instrumental in getting them to their current position. Is there any way we could bribe him to come to us?????.

I love the way he ' owns ' the whole box as well as his stopping abilities. Best keeper in the SPL I think.

Repeat after me------------ We are going to win on Sunday. :ictscarf:

County v Arabs and it's 0-0 after half an hour and it's a pretty dire game at the moment played out on a tattie field. Great save from Fraser a few minutes ago, only highlight so far.

Draw probably best result for us, failing that 1-0 to United.

County v Arabs and it's 0-0 after half an hour and it's a pretty dire game at the moment played out on a tattie field. Great save from Fraser a few minutes ago, only highlight so far.

Draw probably best result for us, failing that 1-0 to United.

Didn't quite go to plan. Adds a little extra incentive for tomorrow.

That was a brutal game between two poor sides. Never a sending off, Armstrong got the ball and Sproule as much as said so after the game. Poor goal to lose, Dillon lost Vigurs for the cross but both teams had next to nothing up front. BTW, that pitch has to be one of the worst I've seen. How can you play football on that? We really need a win tomorrow now.

Whilst a draw or a United win might have suited us better, that result probably puts the Arabs out of the equation leaving a three horse race for that final Europa League spot.

However, we remain in pole position as the only one of the three not relying on results of others. We just need to hold our nerve.

Three cup finals ahead. We were in the box seat but are now in danger of blowing it.

Makeshift back four or not we need to show full commitment for the final three matches. Having taken no points from our first two post split fixtures we need at least seven from the final three.

That commitment doesn't just need to from from the players but from the "twelfth man" in the stands especially as two of the games are at home and the third on our doorstep.

Edited by Kingsmills
  • Agree 2

Guest Mahonio

7 points, I reckon 5 as long as Motherwell and Celtic pick up wins v County.

I can see St J drawing United next week and Celtic winning at County and us winning v Motherwell (crazy, I know but I'm confident), putting us 3 clear of St J and 5 ahead of County.

That means that another win or 2 draws would be good in last 2 as I can see Celtic and Motherwell picking up results v St J.

I am awaiting replies claiming i'm mad lol.

Football is played on grass. Yesterday the referee took a big decision which was not foreseeable. What is certain is that we have to be very resilient against Motherwell next week. Three times this season they have hammered us.Yesterday we took a pummelling and nearly escaped with a point. Ruguero made some fantastic saves to hold our goal difference. 

We need all hands on deck next Saturday and see what we can achieve. County are a very resilient team at present and in a very strong position. They have recently beaten Celtic and Motherwell and will definitely fancy luck changing against us so are not in any way to be underestimated. 

The year we were relegated was similar to this situation. With quite a few games to go we were almost safe. We never got there and lost it on the last day.

• Agree 1

7 points, I reckon 5 as long as Motherwell and Celtic pick up wins v County.

I can see St J drawing United next week and Celtic winning at County and us winning v Motherwell (crazy, I know but I'm confident), putting us 3 clear of St J and 5 ahead of County.

That means that another win or 2 draws would be good in last 2 as I can see Celtic and Motherwell picking up results v St J.

I am awaiting replies claiming i'm mad lol.

Clearly sane

At the end of the day we have achieved far more this season that ever before so even it we dont retain third we will have been more successful than before.

:clapping: This is what is wrong with us................happy to be here etc. The top-six bit is fine, but it means sod all if we don't get Europe and worse still if you know who does :notlistening:

• Agree 1

At the end of the day we have achieved far more this season that ever before so even it we dont retain third we will have been more successful than before.

:clapping: This is what is wrong with us................happy to be here etc. The top-six bit is fine, but it means sod all if we don't get Europe and worse still if you know who does :notlistening:

ROSS COUNTY                                 US

=============                               =========

scottish cup final                                 semi final

top six first time of asking                   took years

europe i think so                                  i dont think so

in our shadows i definately dont think so

This is getting as tiresome as the January feckin transfer window threads. TM4J may be perplexed and anxious but we have already "underachieved" this season in regard to cup runs and it will be a mighty underachievement not to finish in the top three given our position at the start of the split - but there are many more "turns" on the road to Europe and I fer one still feel that we are in the driving seat - and hopefully the air bag will not be in our dials when the final whistle blows at the Tinkerville Sandcastle Stadium.

Not getting Europe would be devastating, us not getting Europe and County getting it is just unthinkable. I think the last game of the season will be a nervy time.

I'm just happy we got top six this year anything else is a bonus

• Agree 1

Well for me, to get this close and fail will feel like relegation. My gut a feeling is we will stutter across the line.  

(don't mind if we beat Motherwell 3-0 though, would love to be proved wrong!)

Ross County are only Top Six first time of asking if you ignore all those years in the SFL1 and 2.  Otherwise, you may as well say Ross County got a runners-up medal first time of asking in the Scottish Cup (if you ignore all these years where they weren't in the later stages of the Cup - but then, why would you?)

As it is, I'm not bothered what Ross County do.  Good luck to them (comparitively) but it has no bearing on this being a great season for ICT.

Ross County are only Top Six first time of asking if you ignore all those years in the SFL1 and 2.  Otherwise, you may as well say Ross County got a runners-up medal first time of asking in the Scottish Cup (if you ignore all these years where they weren't in the later stages of the Cup - but then, why would you?)

As it is, I'm not bothered what Ross County do.  Good luck to them (comparitively) but it has no bearing on this being a great season for ICT.

Don't you actually have to turn up before you can say you've been in a cup final?