ICT -V- Motherwell

Scotty

Unfortunately not, regardless of the score in the cup final Hibs are in Europe. We can only get in by finishing 1st or 2nd.

Well down to 10 now, big chance.

The way i understand it....If Celtic win the SC, then ICT would qualify IF they finnish 4th then they enter in Qualifying Round 3 and Hibs Would enter in QR2.

I think you understand wrong .... 

1st goes into CL

3 teams qualify for Europa .... various scenarios, but in them all Hibs will go in along with SPL's 2nd and 3rd placed teams.

• Agree 1

Taken from SPL site

~ If the Scottish Cup winners have qualified for the Champions League, then the SPL third-placed club enters at QR4, the fourth-placed club enters in QR3 and the cup runners-up enter in QR2.

From the BBC report:

James McFadden fired home for 'Well before the break and Michael Higdon converted a penalty after Chris Hogg had been sent off for the hosts.

:amazed:

Taken from SPL site

~ If the Scottish Cup winners have qualified for the Champions League, then the SPL third-placed club enters at QR4, the fourth-placed club enters in QR3 and the cup runners-up enter in QR2.

Gotta watch where you take stuff from on the SPL site. They have euro qualification info from at least 4 different seasons depending on where you look ... the link below was posted 12 days ago.

http://www.scotprem.com/content/default.asp?page=s2&newsid=12257

Celtic will take their place in the second qualifying round of the Champions League in mid-July after securing the Clydesdale Bank Premier League title on Sunday. The SPL runners-up and third-place finishers enter the Europa League in qualifying round two, with the Scottish Cup place going to Hibernian, regardless of the result in the final. If Hibs win the cup they go into Europa League qualifying round three. If they lose to Celtic they will enter in the previous round, with the SPL runners-up coming in at QR3 instead.

SPL winners Champions League Qualifying Round 2 - July 16/17 & 23/23

Runners-up Europa League Qualifying Round 2 - July 18 & 25

Third place Europa League Qualifying Round 2 - July 18 & 25

Scottish Cup winners Europa League Qualifying Round 3 - August 1 & 8

• Agree 1

Fabulous result.  Providing Celtic don't sacrifice the games against County and St J, then we could clinch the 3rd spot next week.  That will be a massive game for us as we really don't want to go to Dingwall last game of the season needing a win. 

• Agree 5

He really does score when he wants (apart from the penalty)! Best game I've ever been too, very nervy but we got the win and Europe is two games away :D Great character but Motherwell played well in second half and got back in it well but we got a victory against them this season FINALLY!

What a fantastic result wish I could be there was watching Gillette Soccer Saturday and could hardly believe us going 3-0 up then as they started to pull us back I thought here we go, when the 7th goal was scored Jeff Stelling did his usual  and my heart sank as I thought Motherwell had scored when it came up as a Caley goal I'm surprised you did not here me in Inverness :ictscarf:  :crazy:  :clapoverhead: