ICT -V- Dundee Utd

Scotty

So our old nemesis of conceding in injury time rears it's head again. We'd have been home and dry if it hadn't been for that this season, it must be at least 10 points its cost us.

All or nothing next week. Would we really want to do it any other way?

The only consolation I can think of is that defeat today is actually no worse than a draw, barring some kind of goal difference miracle.

EDIT - ignore that completely, it was based on a "live" league table that hadn't been updated for Utd's late winner.

Edited by Yngwie

ffs.

All that possession and chances and we still manage to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

It would be sweet to 'do it in style' with a win on the beach next week, but I'd like to see 'Well take a point of both County tomorrow and St J next week, just in case!

We do really like to do things the hard way.

What more can I say ...... Its a journey ..... Dont Stop Believin ...

County have to play Motherwell tomorrow - I dont see them getting anything from that. St J play Motherwell next week and again, I dont see them taking anything from that either so in my (biased) eyes we are already there !!! Beating the shadows again next week will simply confirm it

Guest Mahonio

Hopefully guys will be fired up again next Sunday but if Motherwell win tomorrow them county will have nothing to play for, which may be an advantage to them, same with Motherwell against st j, hopefully Well get 2 wins in space of a week.

It's time to get a WIN at Global Energy Stadium as a point may not be enough, wonder if there'll be radios on go or guys on their phones getting news of St J v Motherwell, I know I will be nervous thats for sure :-(.

At first I was affrayed I was putrified
Kept thinkin' I could never live without Roy's chequebook by my side;
But then I spent so many nights
Thinkin' how Terry did me wrong
And I grew thrawn and I learned how to get a meme
And now you're back from outer sneck
I just walked in to find you here with that expectant look upon your face
I should have changed that stupid lock
I should have made you leave your Mckay
If I'd've known for just one second you'd back to bother me
Go on now, go walk out the door
Just turn around now
('cause) you're not welcome anymore
Weren't you the one who tried to hurt me with good manners
Do you think I'd be humble
Did you think I'd say sit down and hi?
Oh no, not I. I will seethe
Oh as long as I know how to bitch I know I'll stay seething;
I've got all my life to seethe,
I've got all my seethe to give and I'll seethe,....dadadada

• Agree 4

The only consolation I can think of is that defeat today is actually no worse than a draw, barring some kind of goal difference miracle.

It is worse than a draw - if we had got a point we only would've needed a draw next week to guarantee third. Now we need a win, assuming St. Johnstone win.

Wow.  What an end to a season it will be.  I cannot remember a more important finish, a more prolonged interest, a more anticiapted game.  If today was eagerly awaited, can you imagine the 19th??  It is going to be mega. 

We lost this game but its been a superb season and everythhing to play for next week. Such a pity all the fans that left after Dundee Utd goal couldn't stay and congratulate the team on our best season yet. It would of been good when the team came out at the end for them to see the stands full but not to be!!

• Agree 1

what a difference a week makes.

du playing nice 5-10 yard passes all over the park, even under pressure in their own box, every thing through willo flood. didnt looklike scoring though. but 2 chances, took both.

we froze today, the prize was too much. both shinnies were excellent dont know what we will do next season without andy.

thought last week randolph made great save for penalty, saw on tv it was a poor hit.

todays penalty to the other side of goal was perfect height for a keeper, go the right way and save that shot every time.

apart from one delightful hit doran was hanging up crosses from deep that the 2 biggest centre backs i have seen this season, and the goalkeeper were dealing with, with ease. even when he was at the byeline he was still hanging up high crosses.

nick ross totally ineffective and draper could not do anything right and was rightfully hooked for otj. dont know how draper will cope next week in the sandpit. needed 2-3 touches today to control the ball, when he wasnt tripping himself up, may need 5-6 next week.

we had chances to win this match before they got their breakaway second, but they fell to ross, doran, mackay. none could take any. doran had a chance from around the pen spot, another ball had to be produced as he skyed his shot over the north stand into the home car park.

think we will still make europe but need motherwell win both their matches.

• Agree 1

What an absolute sickener that was.

I don't think there is much to complain about in terms of the performance and effort levels - we created more than enough chances in the second half and we paid for our profligacy.  If we'd decided to settle for the draw we'd probably have got it, but we pushed for the winner and got our fingers burned.  It's a shame, but these things happen sometimes.  Part of the problem is that we lack decent attacking options off the bench (no, Shane Sutherland is not a decent attacking option) and we don't have anyone who can come on and change the game when the attacking players are tired.

I thought Graeme Shinnie and Josh Meekings were immense today.

I know we lost the match, but I'm staggered that barely 200 people stayed behind for the lap of honour.  We're third in the SPL, for goodness sake.  That was our first home defeat to someone other than Celtic or Motherwell.  The players deserved a damn sight better and I felt hugely sorry for them.  Someone like Jones or Doran, yet to agree a new contract, must be wondering whether they shouldn't go somewhere where the fans would give them more credit.

Some idiots in the main stand even booed at the final whistle.  These guys need their heads examined, frankly.

Next Sunday is not going to be very relaxing.

• Agree 3

We seem to freeze on the big occasions..felt like the semi final all over again. I've got a bad feeling we're going to have to rely on Motherwell doing us a favour as I'm not sure we'll get the win up there next week.

So many wasted chances, shooting opportunities not taken, and poor crosses into the box. Said it last week, but I'll say it again..Doran was mince! I really wont lose any sleep if he doesnt sign a new contract. Ross had a bright first half, but disappeared in the second. Both Shinnies were fantastic, Graeme was my MOTM.

If we get a penalty next week who's going to take it??

• Agree 2