ICT -V- Dundee Utd

Scotty

That was horrible! The nerves where with me the whole game and I cannot believe we had the chance to secure Europe and we blew it! Motherwell will beat County I think so hopefully well have more confidence over that but were going to have to rely on Well again and try our absolute best in the sandpit. I still think well get Europe but I can't believe we had the chance to get it and then we lost in the last minute, and yes, a point would have been perfect as I can't see us losing to County so we would have surely got that third spot on goal difference. Another thing that annoys me is that we were 1-0 up at half time and it seemed like Butcher just changed it completely! I think St J will beat Motherwell as they have everything to play for, plus Well don't and St J are at home so we basically have to win and I don't really see it. But let's still stay positive, TB will get the boys rared up and ready for it and all we can do is hope StJ don't win and we play our best. Remember we went to Perth and lost and everyone thought that we were going to lose to Motherwell and we played extremely well in the first 30 mins and then we still won the game. Also were still a point ahead of StJ as we were going into today's game and last weeks game so it's still there. There's many times this season that we all thought we would lose and we've played really well in, plus we always play well against County so there's a few positive notes but I can guarantee that Sunday will be one of the most nervy Sundays of our whole life's...

Stillm can beluieve we lost that and I'm in an absolutely  foul mood this evening.

If I had a cat I'd have kicked it to death by now. Actually my neighbour has one, back soon....

• Agree 2

30 attempts on goal for us with 20 on target.  Unfortunately the Pole in Gole is having a good one methinks.

trust me...it was nothing to do with the Utd Goalie having a good game

You'll never have better chances to win a game than we had today and I'm scared we've blown our chance.  Graeme Shinnie was my MOTM while I feel Pepper could have given us a bounce for Nick Ross as opposed to Sutherland, while Doran's final ball is often very poor.

We never seem to rise to the occasion.

• Agree 4

Kirishma

The distance by air between Glasgow, Scotland, and Toronto is supposed to be 3283 miles.

The distance between Vancouver, Canada and Toronto, Canada is some 2089 miles

Therefore the distance between Vancouver and Inverness, not including the bus ride up from Glasgow is probably about 3300 miles. Remember that's as the Canadian goose flies...and boy, can they fly non stop on their migration journeys.

Sorry about the result today friends. What a finish to this season though and such a fabulous run all through.

Anybody know the crowd figures today's match?

Kind regards to all from the very sunny West Coast of Canada.

Scarlet

im sorry but no matter what anybody says, we won't get europe if we can't take our chances at home then we won't be able to over the bridge, we are going to be missing foran and draper. Then we have to try and play our type of game on that sandbox = impossible. Then if you look at the hunger we had nobody looks like they wanted to win. Early on celtic thumped St J and the team knew all they needed to do was win yet it looked like they couldn't care less. So yeah im sorry but we won't get in   

Wtf was jones doing jogging alongside the du player and where the feck was graeme shinnie. Wrong tactic taking nick ross off wtf for sutherland really came on dived twice and lost the ball.

3700 biggest game could have made history Attendance a joke

Very disappointing we have had a very decent season but whenever the stakes are highest we seem to lose our nerve as at Easter Road and again today. We nearly did it last week but were handed a lifeline by the Ojamaa sending off.

Yes, the United custodian had a decent match but if we had shown any composure in front of goal we would have been two or three goals clear by the time United scored in injury time. This is without doubt a competent team but it is increasingly obvious that they do not handle pressure well. Frankly, I am not optimistic for Dingwall next Sunday and now believe that our best chance of Europe next season lies with Motherwell doing the business against both our rivals.

Staying in negative mode, how disappointing that a game that was potentially one of the most significant in our history attracted a crowd of less than four thousand. I remember better crowds for North of Scotland and Qualifying Cup finals.

• Agree 1

All yous sound like this is the end! We still have more points than both County and StJ with one game to o and were quite capable of winning it so just stay positive and hope that we get the luck on the day :) one negative thing tho, Foran is the only one that wins the headers and he's suspended and so is Draper and he is key in the middle of midfield so it's going to be very tough :/

Guest Mahonio

Looking at SPL table, a point in Perth is good for us as that would put us in Europe on Goal difference.

Motherwell should win tomorrow and next weekend but have nothing to play for.

McKay and Doran will be key next weekend imo, I sense another nervy afternoon with us winning 1-0 ;-).

Its in our hands still.

The movement was good but several times the players seemed a bit shot shy, always got the impression that it was Shinniesta who was going to create and score if we were to get anything.

Not sure why Billy was taking the penalty - after last wk I wasnt convinced he was the right choice and was hoping Foran wa going to take control - he didnt seem phased by the keeper's games.

Onto next wk - its going to be a different type of game, we wont be playing much of a passing game on that joke of a pitch.

yet again a poor attendance though considering what was at stake and shame for the players so few stayed back. Its been an epic season and whether we get the Euro place or not I'm proud to say I'm an ICT fan this season for what we have achieved!!!

• Agree 1

So our old nemesis of conceding in injury time rears it's head again. We'd have been home and dry if it hadn't been for that this season, it must be at least 10 points its cost us.

We've conceded four goals in injury time in the league this season. All were from winning positions and cost us a total of 8 points. The games were Dundee United (twice), Saint Mirren and Saint Johnstone. 

We also conceded goals against Kilmarnock and Hearts just before going into injury time. Again, these cost us two points as we were winning at the time so we've lost a total of 12 points this season by conceding goals in the 88th minute to FT.

EDIT: Got a couple of teams mixed up. Saint Johnstone shouldn't have been mentioned twice.

Edited by RiG

So our old nemesis of conceding in injury time rears it's head again. We'd have been home and dry if it hadn't been for that this season, it must be at least 10 points its cost us.

We've conceded four goals in injury time in the league this season. All were from winning positions and cost us a total of 8 points. The games were Dundee United (twice), Saint Mirren and Saint Johnstone. 

We also conceded goals against Kilmarnock and Saint Johnstone just before going into injury time. Again, these cost us two points as we were winning at the time so we've lost a total of 12 points this season by conceding goals in the 88th minute to FT.

Remember Hearts at home?