Could Hearts FC be Relegated?

djh222

"It is inevitable that Hearts will reach the level of Rangers and Celtic" - Vladamir Romanov, November 2004.

Half right Vlad.

Hearts are taking their fans for mugs with this, how many tin rattling exercises are they going to have before people get wise to them?  They've been a shambles for years, blaming Rangers for a tax bil they didn't pay from 2-3 years ago?  Gid yan meight!

• Agree 1

"As regards the club itself, we can only express our deepest condolences to its supporters, who have been lied to for so many years.

It had to happen sooner or later. They have lived beyond law and all morals, and should now be declared beyond the pale
"

Vladimir Romanov 21st June 2012 (on the demise of Rangers)

• Agree 4

Yep, but I doubt they'll be cashing in on Wilson or anyone else. That would be kind of like paying for the Metro newspaper. Hearts will get a buyer, but the question is, what kind? I'd imagine Hearts will be bought, put into administration, and will be relegated end of this season, if not a Hearts 2013 scenario...

• Agree 1

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22902962

Hearts, who have put their entire squad up for sale in an attempt to stay afloat, will not be able to command a transfer fee for Danny Wilson.

It has emerged that the Tynecastle club are yet to register the Scotland international defender's contract with the Scottish Football Association.

The 21-year-old had been on loan from Liverpool but his signing on a three-year deal was announced last month.

However, he remains a Liverpool player until his contract ends there in July.

So they cant sell their most sellable asset, makes you wonder where else they're going to raise the money needed to get them through the next couple of months

They need 2000 people to buy season tickets just to keep convulsing until the SPL prize money comes.

I have no sympathy. Not for the club, and not for the fans. I'm sorry, Morton, Airdrie, Motherwell, Dundee, Gretna, Rangers, Dunfermline...it's not as if its a first. Added to that, a potato could have seen this coming years ago. They, the fans, had two options. To go along with it, as they did wholeheartedly or make enquiries and push for transparency and assurances. To my knowledge, "hee-haw" springs to mind. It has to stop. And the only way it stops is by fan power...look at Dundee!

I'm sure that ICT fans would not stand for someone coming in and running up debt on the club. It's one thing to let a rich man spend his own money, it's another thing to let a rich man take out loan after loan after loan in the club's name for no discernible gain or purpose. They are culpable too. I wouldn't put a half-penny into a collection box for them.

Basically, as Edmund Burke said, "The Only Thing Necessary for the Triumph of Evil is that Good Men Do Nothing"

If they owe VAT on season ticket sales, of £1m to HMRC as reported today, they are doomed. With Kilmarnock supporters trying to oust their Chairman SPL club debt is likely to be a very topical subject pretty soon. How would you feel if you had bought your season ticket and you saw your favourite team sinking deeper into administration or liquidation? How would you feel if you found that same club begging you to buy a season ticket to help it survive? Worthless!!

It does not look as though it has long to go before it sinks!! I'm Vlad I support a prudent club.

The question is who will be next - could be another bumper season for the lower league clubs if this ends up going down the same road travelled by The Rangers FC plc 2012.

Not sure that it will come to that but I am also not sure this is what the men in suits meant when they said one of the aims of changing the scottish football landscape was to provide the lower league clubs with a bigger slice of the money pie.

What exactly are the potential scenarios for our maroon friends?

15 point deduction, mass redundancies, registration ban (!), relegation, dwindling season ticket sales...ridicule and contempt from all corners...

A signing ban is the least of their worries...

Watch for idiot Rangers fans and their media acolytes blaming this on Rangers being KB'd to Division Three.  All of Hearts debt was run up before Rangers imploded and they have been subjec to winding up orders for the last two years.

• Agree 2

^ Don't need to wait for the fans, seen last night on TV Archie MacPherson ranting that all the 'little' clubs only have themselves to blame for booting out Rangers from the SPL and if the same now happens with Hearts every club in the SPL is doomed. Then he was asked about whether he felt that sporting integrity and fiar play was important to be upheld in the game - his reply was 'what about the fairness of these clubs getting ousted from the SPL'.

Archie MacPherson is a deluded fool. I dread to think what some other muppet like Keevins is saying.

ICTChris is spot on. This isn't the result of Rangers not being in the SPL. It's down to Hearts massively overspending for season upon season now. You cannot have over 100% of your turnover going on wages without running into trouble later down the line. I've some sympathy for Hearts but not much.

Totally agree with Chris, Hearts were masters of their own downfall, offering ridiculous wages and simply tip toeing around the system for years to ensure SPL football, not the case anymore. 

Im always sad when this happens, yet again a major Scottish club is in serious danger of extinction due to their attempts at buying success, they won 2 scottish cups 6 years apart sure, but their ultimate goal was to dislodge the old firm, something which they never came close to doing.

Massive turnover of managers, more than one questionable transfer, and far too many winding up orders. Safe to say Mad Vlads reign is going to end in tears one way or another.

People i feel for are the fans and the backroom staff. Folks like that never deserve to be victims in these situations but they always are. 

Normally I would agree but this was coming a mile off. The fans refused to believe what everyone else was saying as the meeja was against them obviously. Rangers fans, and Dunfermline, can at least say they had no idea of the situation until it was well underway. Hearts should have known from a couple of months in.

Seeing as presumably UBIG's cash came from Lithuania, GDP per capita half of that of the UK, it seems only fair that the assets of HMFC be sold to recompense a less wealthy country...