Chris Hogg

Kingsmills

Confirmation today in the P&J that he is leaving. Not entirely clear whether the decision is his or the club's. Sorry to see him go as he has been more than steady since his return to first team action.

Showed courage and determination in coming back from an injury that could quite easily have proved career ending and probably still has his best years ahead of him.

Sorry both for him and the club that his time with ICT didn't prove a happier experience and best wishes for a successful and injury free future.

• Agree 6

I assume that Butcher couldn't guarantee him first team football as it will be certain that Meekings and Warren will be our first choice CB pairing. Hogg probably doesn't fancy kicking his heels on the bench every week so decides to move on.

This move does surprise me. If it was the club's choice it does'nt make sense. If it was Hogg's choice then he is letting the club down fer the manner in which they have stuck by him for so long. I have been told that it was a club decision so I hope that the actual situation is clarified as soon as possible.

• Agree 3

he played well today aswell won every header I seen him go in for!

shame hogg a.shinnie and reguero didnt come over to the away support so we could see them off even though raven and meekings gave thier boots away and g.shinnie threw his top into the crowd.

Mmmm. Were we not hearing similar things being said regarding a certain player being released this time last year? To be fair though, I've heard from sources that Hogg is not heading off to Brora.

We have a first choice pair of Warren and Meekings (who must get the vote for the most improved player this season) and back-up in the form of Devine and Cooper (who should develop and in reality are cheaper than Hogg).

Hogg also signed with us again because he did not get a better offer. Suspect he is looking for  a decent pay day somewhere.

We didn't release him, his contract ended and he just ceased to be an ICT player!

Hogg needs regular first team football to rebuild his career and I just doubt he's in Butcher's starting XI plans ahead of Warren and Meekings, who have both been tremendous this season. It would be great to have him as back up and competition, but that's an expensive option for us if he retained a senior pro salary, and I don't think it would really suit the player either.

As well as Warren and Meekings we have Devine and Cooper pushing through, frankly we dont need him. He is a good defender and would be a great option to have but given the stage of his career and his current circumstances having just returned from injury he needs regular game time and he will not get it here. Good luck to him, its just a pitty he couldnt get more games during his time here. 

If it is Hogg that doesnt want to stay as he is not first choice, then he should have announced that before he took all those wages and free treatment. If its the club, I can understand if there is still lingering doubts over an injury prone player.

A little bit more info on the situation in today's Inverness Courier.

It would seem that the club did offer Hogg a 1 year deal to stay with us however Terry could not guarantee him football with the emergence of Meekings and Warren as our first choice centre half partnership.

It is the lack of first team guarantees for next season that led to the decision not to re-sign with the club. Understandable decision really

Will get an online link if/when the courier puts the article up

Well it still aint wholly clear but there is reason to it. I suspect that the wage had a fair bit to do with it too. I have to admit to be slightly miffed as a fit Hogg would be pushing fer a first team place. Will be interesting to see where he ends up. Will he drop a level ?

I assume that Butcher couldn't guarantee him first team football as it will be certain that Meekings and Warren will be our first choice CB pairing. Hogg probably doesn't fancy kicking his heels on the bench every week so decides to move on.

A little bit more info on the situation in today's Inverness Courier.

It would seem that the club did offer Hogg a 1 year deal to stay with us however Terry could not guarantee him football with the emergence of Meekings and Warren as our first choice centre half partnership.

It is the lack of first team guarantees for next season that led to the decision not to re-sign with the club. Understandable decision really

Will get an online link if/when the courier puts the article up

:cool:

• Agree 1

Would love to have seen him stay, but seems that it was mutually beneficial for both parties.

Hogg wants/needs regular football...not surprising given how close he came to being out of the game altogether.  The club offer him a deal, but can't (quite rightly) give him any guarantees.

Hogg gets the chance to move to a team where the competition for places is perhaps not as tough and the club free up a wage which they can invest in adding someone in an area of the park we could do with developing.....win/win.