Ross County -V- ICT

Scotty

It wasn't yesterday that cost us Europe, only winning 1 of the last 5 games did that.

At the start of the season I don't know a single ICT fan who didn't want us to finish above C*unty .

We achieved that :clapping:

With 1 of the ugly sisters binned from the league, I recon most thought top 6 was a real possibility.

We achieved that. :clapping:  

League cup Semi-final, great achievement (even though we blew it and should have been in the final :cry: )

Very proud of the team this year, a couple of decent signings and we're in for more of the same next year :cheer01:

Bring It On!!! :ictscarf:

• Agree 2

Rainbow, are you talking about the Moray Furth, perchance? :wink: 

And, by the way, is Munich also Munchen Gladbach or just Munchen? 

Anyway, ah'm aff tae enjoy mah meal the noo...ah'm munchen ma meat and tatties, like.

Ever been tae Hamburg Rainbow? Man that's anither nice meal...the Herbertstrasse an' all and the Riperbahn and the  U-Boat pens and' so on....? Quitye a mixture...reminds me of the port of Vancouver here in Western Canada.

Oh, and finally have you ever heard of JEVER?  In the North, 100 miles West of Hamburg? :cheer01: Frae Canada.

Munchen is Munich. Monchengladbach is Monchengladbach and situated near Dusseldorf.

I only passed Hamburg several times and once arrived there with the ferry from Newcastle, but had no time as it was 12 noon and I still had 500 miles ahead and wanted to be home for supper. I think I managed it around 9 p.m.

Jever has one of my dad's favourite beers, is that enough said?

Ah Scarlet you too have been researching the leisure pursuits of Hamburg. Fascinating for young men on National service I would say! especially in the late fifties.

I never came across Jever,  yet being based in Schleswig in the North East ( wonderful friendly place ) We played football all over the North, Kiel, Rendsburg, Flensburg, Neuenkirchen

Lubek and Bremen amongst many others. Perhaps you were lucky enough to get to Sylt?

Jever where is that ? If it has it's own beer then I have missed out !

My turn for the mince and tatties now. cheers

We sadly never competed and were second to every ball, ok there were injuries but it's like Butcher set out for a draw thinking that his Orc mate at Motherwell would do him a favour but it backfired badly

Wrong tactics in my opinion we should have taken the game to County, they strolled it and they really should have won by two or three goals

Dougal

Rainbow--aye!

Jever Pilsener so it is. Can't remember if I liked it or not.

I was never a drinker and never had the money either since the Brits only paid us sprogs (new boys in the RAF) seven guineas a fortnight. That's seven pounds and seven shillings every two weeks, Rainbow.

Worth something in these  days but completely worthless nowadays--probably get a wee plate of soup, a coffee and a bun in the Inverness Museum for that nowadays. Sigh, these were the days.

Hamburg--got lost wandering about looking for action and  interesting stuff. For some unknown reason I always had the knack of finding my way around Germany without being able to sprechen zie deutsche much.  I  can't remember how I ever got back to the base at the end of that weekend but I somehow made it. When you are young, nothing fazes you..eh?

But, looking back, it probably was  exactly what I needed at the age of 18 when I was drafted for National Service . Got me out of the house, off my chair and taught me to stand on my own feet at that time.  You must have been one of the last to be  called-up Bughtmaster. I was leaving just as the new German Air force recruits were being introduced and we had to train them.  

Sylt?  No, that was too far north I guess. You certainly got around, I see.  Me? I saw these  names on the  radar tracking table but never visited any of the locations.

I recognize some of the place names you mention but half the time I was down a hole in the ground in the  radar station staring at a screen for hours at a time and then heaved a sigh of relief when I  was relieved by some one else and had a chance to go the underground cafe for a coke. So  never really got off the base much at all to travel around. We did have an outdoor swimming pool on the base, however,  and I did enjoy some midnight  bathes in the moonlight  and the warm, balmy nights. which was beautiful.

During the day the roar of the Hawker Hunter British jets and the American Sabres taking off on their training and patrol missions was something else and we were probably quite lucky to be 15 miles distant down the hole at Broxetel radar station. I was 18 months out in North Germany and to be  truthful l was also glad to get out of the RAF since by then I was bored stiff.

I DO think that abandoning National Service was the worst thing the British Government ever did. It w s very good for the young boys to get out in the world and learn some discipline and so forth. Knock some sense into a few of them nowadays I think

:canada: Cheers all, have a good one. :cheer01: