Compensation Idea ?

I am somewhat bemused at how one or two threads on here seem to be expressing the view that part of ICT's core business and obligation should include providing the opportunity for some kind of summer continental beano for the fans and that the competitive and pre season training policy should be amended to accommodate that!

Edited by Charles Bannerman
  • Agree 1

Compensation for what? Having the most successful season in the clubs history? Keep the pre-season to whatever the club can afford and for those who want the club to provide a holiday iternary for them........ why not come to the Highlands of Scotland and tour towns like Brora, Wick and Inverness and then travel to exotic Morayshire and visit Buckie, Banff and Elgin all of which have bars in which you can embarass yourselves.

Edited by Big G
  • Agree 2

I am somewhat bemused at how one or two threads on here seem to be expressing the view that part of ICT's core business and obligation should include providing the opportunity for some kind of summer continental beano for the fans and that the competitive and pre season training policy should be amended to accommodate that!

Compensation for what? Having the most successful season in the clubs history? Keep the pre-season to whatever the club can afford and for those who want the club to provide a holiday iternary for them........ why not come to the Highlands of Scotland and tour towns like Brora, Wick and Inverness and then travel to exotic Morayshire and visit Buckie, Banff and Elgin all of which have bars in which you can embarass yourselves.

The "compensation" word was sarcasm but I have to respond to these two posts. Playing Highland league teams is NOT the preparation required for the SPL and that was shown this season. It is a pity that the old tournament idea has not hit us. A four team tournament with teams from say Ireland etc. held in Sneck or even jointly with Tinkerville over a weekend would take in some bucks and it would give proper game preparation. And finally I would be disappointed if our back room money pinchers had not put some spondoolachs aside in case the European adventure did come along. Training camps are also the place where newbies begin to fit in.

• Agree 1