A Thank You to ....................

Big G

Just as it says on the tin...................Thank You.

I have just witnessed a season that has given me pleasure and hope and I want to say thank you. Despite what some threads and posts seem to suggest, we have just seen the most successful season in our short but eventful history and even though finances were very tight the management team put together a side I was proud to support.... Thank you!

The players have grouped and bonded like no other squad we have seen and have given their all for the cause........... Thank you!

The Board have run the club in a sensible way and have listened to the fans despite, at times, causing financial detriment to the club.........Thank you!

To the general public of Inverness and the highland region.........You do not deserve this club or team and when we are having inquests into the apparent "failure" of not qualifying for Europe it is in this direction the finger should be well and truly pointed..............No thanks in this direction.

I look forward to follow our club next season (and many more after that thanks to the way the club is run) which is more than can be said for fans of much bigger clubs than ours who don't know if they will have a club to follow.

Edited by Big G
  • Agree 7

I say thanks to our vocal support!

I really believe our 'vocal' fans have come of age this season. All the derby home games were terrific. The derby away games were phenomenal, and yesterday was off the richter scale! I stayed behind with about 200 others for 40mins yesterday, the noise and passion was unreal! But the atmosphere at other home games has been improving also, if not quite at the same level. I absolutely love the european 'ultra' songs that have become popular in recent weeks. I do believe these new, catchy and arguably easier to learn songs have helped the noise increase.

In the P&J today,ICT fan David MacIver said "its great to hear so many youngsters singing for Inverness, the merger seems so far away now". Yesterday in the singing section I was one of the oldest there at 24 yrs old. I don't remember the pre-merger days at all. I'm starting to believe the further we get away from the merger, and as the 'new' generation of Invernessian fans get older, our problems with not having a passionate, loyal and vocal support will be a thing of the past!

• Agree 10

Pipe down you young uns, plays havoc with my hearing aid!! (30 years in front of a Marshall stack).

I do forget that each year more fans under a certain age will not be bothered about the M word.

We geriatric geezers used to be able to make a fair noise in Inverness derby's of old believe it or not, but it is a bonus to have a growing vocal support again. Good on you :thumbup:

I say thanks to our vocal support!

I really believe our 'vocal' fans have come of age this season. All the derby home games were terrific. The derby away games were phenomenal, and yesterday was off the richter scale! I stayed behind with about 200 others for 40mins yesterday, the noise and passion was unreal! But the atmosphere at other home games has been improving also, if not quite at the same level. I absolutely love the european 'ultra' songs that have become popular in recent weeks. I do believe these new, catchy and arguably easier to learn songs have helped the noise increase.

In the P&J today,ICT fan David MacIver said "its great to hear so many youngsters singing for Inverness, the merger seems so far away now". Yesterday in the singing section I was one of the oldest there at 24 yrs old. I don't remember the pre-merger days at all. I'm starting to believe the further we get away from the merger, and as the 'new' generation of Invernessian fans get older, our problems with not having a passionate, loyal and vocal support will be a thing of the past!

Just a youngster, I stayed to the end singing and I'm 52  :blush:

• Agree 4

Totally agree with the thread, so proud of the team, the supporters and a wonderful season.  The vocal support has been the best I have known at ICT.  At sundays game didn't even hear the home support.

Thank you ICT :ictscarf: 

• Agree 1

And ditto from the oldest swinger in town :smile:

Good points from Big G and there are a lot of positives and succinctly pointed out. Despite the disappointment there was certainly a distinctive return of the "togetherness" factor - on and off the park. The crowds are growing and the fun factor has returned. And the club is in safe hands. But inquests are necessitated and lessons have to be learned. The major positive to me is that we have retained a fair number of the squad and I cant wait to see what we pick up from the Englandshire sales.

• Agree 1