Caley Fans Love of Iain Vigurs

Dargo20

You've got to love the absolute mess that is Ian Vigurs. He didn't even score the goal on Sunday and the first thing he did was to run to our fans with a wee GIUY celebration. I've no problem with players who score after getting pelters doing it but it's a bit sad that his first reaction was to do that instead of celebrating with the guy who actually scored.

I guess it shows just how much of a seething mess he is.

• Agree 5

I absolutely hate that celebration a lot of players do nowadays- the 'cupped ear'. As RiG says, it's totally a GIRUY gesture. Looks like Vigurs was doing the 'double cup' here.

Other celebrations that rile me are the equally provocative finger over the mouth 'Shhhh' directed at opposing fans. Done to incite, of course. Strangely, the removing of the shirt in a moment of elation is the one that attracts a yellow card! And while I'm at it, another 'celebration' that can grate is the arrogant pointing over both shoulders at their name on their shirt!

I absolutely hate that celebration a lot of players do nowadays- the 'cupped ear'. As RiG says, it's totally a GIRUY gesture. Looks like Vigurs was doing the 'double cup' here.

Other celebrations that rile me are the equally provocative finger over the mouth 'Shhhh' directed at opposing fans. Done to incite, of course. Strangely, the removing of the shirt in a moment of elation is the one that attracts a yellow card! And while I'm at it, another 'celebration' that can grate is the arrogant pointing over both shoulders at their name on their shirt!

To be fair I don't mind it especially if you have been giving out stick to the player you really need to be able to take it but it was funny to see Vigurs so desperate to get it up us he did one of those "Roon ya!" celebrations despite not even scoring. Like I say it's not the celebration I'd have any problem with it's the desperation to wind us up that was quite comical. You could tell how much us spanking them earlier in the season hurt him.

Also, Andy Shinnie did a slightly toned down celebration in a similar manner in the 3 - 1 game.

Edited by RiG

You've got to love the absolute mess that is Ian Vigurs. He didn't even score the goal on Sunday and the first thing he did was to run to our fans with a wee GIUY celebration. I've no problem with players who score after getting pelters doing it but it's a bit sad that his first reaction was to do that instead of celebrating with the guy who actually scored.

No what's sad was the vile and sickening songs that were sung for his benefit albeit by the moronic minority I may add

Think Vigurs was well entitled to give it to us back considering the abuse he was receiving

Not that it well ever happen now sadly, but I would love to see Vigurs back at ICT he has developed into a top player and his close control and touch is top notch

A huge mistake by Butcher showing him the door in the first place

Can see him getting plenty of offers this summer from north and south of the border and he will be a loss to Highland football when he moves on but a player of his quality deserves a bigger stage

Dougal

No what's sad was the vile and sickening songs that were sung for his benefit albeit by the moronic minority I may add

Think Vigurs was well entitled to give it to us back considering the abuse he was receiving

Not that it well ever happen now sadly, but I would love to see Vigurs back at ICT he has developed into a top player and his close control and touch is top notch

A huge mistake by Butcher showing him the door in the first place

Can see him getting plenty of offers this summer from north and south of the border and he will be a loss to Highland football when he moves on but a player of his quality deserves a bigger stage

Dougal

Erm, yeah I acknowledge that he is within his right to give it back after the abuse he got. What I find humorous is the absolute desperation to give it back. There's no doubting he's an excellent player but whilst he was with us his attitude on and off the pitch was rotten hence why we got rid of him so it's unfair of you to say that it was a mistake by Butcher to get rid of him. You can all the talent in the world but if there is an argument between manager and player then more often than not it will be the player that moves on. If Vigurs continued the way he did and Butcher let him off with it then he would be completely undermined as a manager. 

While you are around Dougal, and given that you are famous for posting and then disappearing, perhaps you can answer my question on this thread? 

• Agree 1