Caley Fans Love of Iain Vigurs

Dargo20

Im embarrassed when i read some of the comments about vigurs on here, being a caley fan but also a friend of vigurs and his family i can't believe some of the rubbish that our fans come out with as he is a top genuine guy, i don't post on forums usually but this deserved a reply. I think some of the comments about vigurs are completely childish and lack backing, going on about how much he hates us, but really its our fans that waste time making up pathetic songs about him and boo him every time he gets the ball. He's just doing a job and does it well, all we do is sound bitter and jealous. Some of our fans should show more class, however, class probably eludes them.

• Agree 3

Im embarrassed when i read some of the comments about vigurs on here, being a caley fan but also a friend of vigurs and his family i can't believe some of the rubbish that our fans come out with as he is a top genuine guy, i don't post on forums usually but this deserved a reply. I think some of the comments about vigurs are completely childish and lack backing, going on about how much he hates us, but really its our fans that waste time making up pathetic songs about him and boo him every time he gets the ball. He's just doing a job and does it well, all we do is sound bitter and jealous. Some of our fans should show more class, however, class probably eludes them.

It's the norm on this forum mate , any passing bandwagon and all that .

Hmmmm I'm sure he's a lovely guy really (?) but from what I can see he goes out of his way to wind our fans up. Not saying its all one way at all but IMO I think he showed how classless he was with his nonsense towards our support when they were doing their lap of honour. As the saying goes if you dish it out etc......

Edited by old caley girl
  • Agree 2

Vigurs just makes the perfect pantomime* villain for us, now that Tony Bullock is away. Both seemed to relish the role.

* And what happens in every pantomime? They hand out sweets to kids. :wink: 

Yeah i understand the banter between ex players and fans but still there is a line that shouldn't be crossed. I think some of our fans have a genuine hatred towards him, its all fun and games but when people start to comment on a personal level without knowing the guy it just shows ignorance.

Anyway its only a minority but sometimes it goes a wee bit far. We are still in a small enough city where fans and players can be friends etc so we never no who we could be offending. Lets keep it banter between fan and player and not cross that line. I know this won't stop it happening the comments I've made but sometimes gotta just put it out there.

Anyway amazing season, lets talk about that instead of talking about another teams player. Seems a little petty don't you think.

• Agree 1

Its whats known as 'BANTER' in football terms. Iain Vigurs probably is a decent person. He has certainly improved his football and his attitude to the game and has done very well at RC. He is also someone who likely enjoys the attention. He smiled and gestured at us when the chants were directed at him. He reacted in good spirit with a smile on his face and he gave as well as he got. Thats BANTER.

• Agree 4

If Iain Vigurs is a nice guy then i am now an optimist 

I think we should follow the sporting example of the Cownty fans towards ICT legend Charlie Christie. I hear he never has to buy a drink anywhere within a 10 mile radius of Hector's monument. Some of them even use 10cc on their avatars to celebrate his service to the beautiful game!

• Agree 1

Yeah i understand the banter between ex players and fans but still there is a line that shouldn't be crossed. I think some of our fans have a genuine hatred towards him, its all fun and games but when people start to comment on a personal level without knowing the guy it just shows ignorance.

Anyway its only a minority but sometimes it goes a wee bit far. We are still in a small enough city where fans and players can be friends etc so we never no who we could be offending. Lets keep it banter between fan and player and not cross that line. I know this won't stop it happening the comments I've made but sometimes gotta just put it out there.

Anyway amazing season, lets talk about that instead of talking about another teams player. Seems a little petty don't you think.

Get a grip it's banter. If Mr Vigurs doesn't relish the stones he should vacate the glass house he happily seems to occupy.

• Agree 3

I tell you what's quite funny this season is the way that County have marketed themselves as one big family.  And indeed, they've done that well - a classic dysfunctional family.  You've got the Sugardaddy, the ultra-Christian assaulter Derek Adams, the driving banned Kovacevic and the breaking and entering Rocco Quinn .

The only person missing is Jeremy Kyle!

Edited by Kingsmills
  • Agree 2

Ex player Martin Lisle doesnt look to happy in the background, at least I think its him 

Yeah.....i thought it was Martin too the second i saw it. I think he played a season or two for ICT did he?

The only ICT player that has come close to filling that "hard man" role, has been Paul Cherry

Martin seems to make all the Tinkerville derbies, seen him a few times. Doesn't he live over there? My mate once showed me a school photo where he played in the same team as Zico. Maybe Tain Academy, can't remember.

This is along the lines of managers being cited for swearing. Former player enjoys winding up rival fans of ex-club in media before match. Said player cups ear after another players goal and runs past away fans. Said player's friend expects said fans to chuckle and finger wag a la Last of the Summer Wine. It's a forum, not the bill of rights. It's football, not mahjong.

It's 99% banter, and that's all. The other 1% is indicative of nowt, as is with world in general.

Think he's off anyway, and I have heard/ seen enough in the last week to see why T B got rid.

• Agree 1

well looks like it wont happen again hes off to Oldham apprently

I wonder if he's aware that Oldham has a very large Asian population....

And that the BNP are very active there - their parliamentary candidate for Oldham is actually called Derek Adams.

It's destiny!

Edited by Yngwie