Caley Fans Love of Iain Vigurs

Dargo20

I live in France but come up when I can and all in my opinion is that if Vigurs was still with us we would be in Europe now.  I still do not understand how we only picked up 3 points from the last five matches ......

I live in France but come up when I can and all in my opinion is that if Vigurs was still with us we would be in Europe now.  I still do not understand how we only picked up 3 points from the last five matches ......

Na mate, if Vigurs was still with us it would of been a different story. Just the same as if Hayes or Tade were still here, this season would've been a lot lot different

I'd love to learn what it was exactly that turned fans off?

Just having a difference of opinion with Terry should hardly qualify him for being the target of continual revulsions and abuse methinks?

Send me a pm please if you want to remain anonymous. I pay highly for good information.

Just having a difference of opinion with Terry should hardly qualify him for being the target of continual revulsions and abuse methinks?

Send me a pm please if you want to remain anonymous. I pay highly for good information.

I dont think Vigurs has turned fans off. Nor do I agree that he's been subjected to revulsions and abuse. He's just another ex ICT player being subjected to a bit of friendly banter.

Scarlet - low down - very good player and if it was down to football quality I would have him in my team NOW - and I hear that he has matured and he is good banter - and that to me is a positive. But at ICT he was an erse hole and a liability. The waters under the bridge have ebbed and flowed too much to have him back. But look forward to the banter next season.

• Agree 1

I doubt this helped:

http://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/News/Ex-ICT-player-accused-of-street-attack-in-Aberdeen-9785.htm

I doubt this helped:

http://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/News/Ex-ICT-player-accused-of-street-attack-in-Aberdeen-9785.htm

In the interests of fairness, if we are going to dredge up the criminal  charges he faced, it should also be pointed out that both he and his brother were cleared of those charges: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-10938924

Apparently a lot of the disdain for him comes from the attitude he had at ICT, and may still have at RCFC. Do a search here on CTO and you will find plenty comments from his time at ICT, but for more recent opinion, I give you a County fan posting on the Oldham website before his move there fell through ....

http://www.owtb.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=42686&st=80#entry635679

As far as Iain Vigurs is concerned, he is capable of moments of sublime skill and, were it not for his negative qualities I am certain that he would be capable of playing in your premiership and would, by now, be a full international.

The reason he is not is that he has a very marked attitude problem. He tends to be lazy, often very lazy indeed, and there are well sourced mutterings of a divisive and disruptive influence in the dressing room. In fact, he used to play for our big local rivals Inverness CT but was shown the door by their manager Terry Butcher who was not convinced that his occasional moments of sheer brilliance balanced out the negative things he brought to their club.

Frankly, I am of the same opinion as big Tel and am not that sorry to see him go.

If your management team can do what both ourselves and Inverness failed to do and get the best out of the player you are all in for a treat and he is capable of lighting up any game. If, on the other hand,the move to Lancashire doesn't provoke a change in attitude then I fear a season of frustration lies ahead.

• Agree 2

I doubt this helped:

In the interests of fairness, if we are going to dredge up the criminal  charges he faced, it should also be pointed out that both he and his brother were cleared of those charges: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-10938924

Apparently a lot of the disdain for him comes from the attitude he had at ICT, and may still have at RCFC. Do a search here on CTO and you will find plenty comments from his time at ICT, but for more recent opinion, I give you a County fan posting on the Oldham website before his move there fell through ....

http://www.owtb.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=42686&st=80#entry635679

As far as Iain Vigurs is concerned, he is capable of moments of sublime skill and, were it not for his negative qualities I am certain that he would be capable of playing in your premiership and would, by now, be a full international.

The reason he is not is that he has a very marked attitude problem. He tends to be lazy, often very lazy indeed, and there are well sourced mutterings of a divisive and disruptive influence in the dressing room. In fact, he used to play for our big local rivals Inverness CT but was shown the door by their manager Terry Butcher who was not convinced that his occasional moments of sheer brilliance balanced out the negative things he brought to their club.

Frankly, I am of the same opinion as big Tel and am not that sorry to see him go.

If your management team can do what both ourselves and Inverness failed to do and get the best out of the player you are all in for a treat and he is capable of lighting up any game. If, on the other hand,the move to Lancashire doesn't provoke a change in attitude then I fear a season of frustration lies ahead.

Comme ci, comme ça  :wink:

Er..I hear that Barry Robson was a head- ringing tearaway  when he was a starting-out youngster at Caledonian F.C. frae Aberdeen too.

But Vigurs seems to carry an icy edge when it comes to  stimulating the love juices of the fans on here?

Er..I hear that Barry Robson was a head- ringing tearaway  when he was a starting-out youngster at Caledonian F.C. frae Aberdeen too.

But Vigurs seems to carry an icy edge when it comes to  stimulating the love juices of the fans on here?

Correct me if I am wrong but I don't believe Barry Robson was ever at Caledonian FC.

Great move for Motherwell, Vigurs is a class player.

I don't think you can slate Butcher for releasing him, he's really developed at County.  It's not as though he was at the level he is now when he was playing for us.

He was a fringe player with us and bearing in mind we were an SPL club he might never have got the game time, a bit like Gav or Shane.

By stepping down to div 1 he got a chance to be more central to the team.

TB is notorious for not tolerating 'non-conformers' and despite his talent his attitude would have made up TB's mind.

Absolutely, TB is a manager who builds his own teams, he's better with a blank slate. I don't think he has the patience to 'win over' existing players, and prob Vigurs was in tht bracket. good move and will be interesting to see how it goes.