New Away Strip

I can exclusively reveal the new away strip. 

I can't see this causing any issues at all.  :laugh:

attachicon.gif941742_10151535876651051_1228713791_n.jpg

This should have happened when the club was formed - blue home red and black away - better late than never I suppose.

But why can't Errea get it right? The shirt would look far better if the black stripe ran down the centre of the shirt!

A "Caley" home and "Thistle" away shirt is a bad idea IMO.  All it'll do is open up old wounds, particularly as the "Caley" shirt would be used more (strange how that's always the one identified as being the home kit, why not by the same token, Thistle at home and Caley away?).  

We should be creating an identity for our club as "one" (encapsulating "togetherness" if you will), and going to a relatively equal red and blue home kit (preferably as a striped jersey).  Having two different identities for the home and away shirts would do the exact opposite.

Edited by Renegade
  • Agree 2

Dont really give a toss about the 2nd kit, its a change kit and should give us an opportunity to try different combinations ... Dont recall us ever having had a red/black kit so no problem with that .....

However, I definitely think our home strip should always be some combination of Red/Blue stripes and we should stick with that year in and year out. Maybe alternate the thickness of the stripes, or which colour is more predominant so sales don't suffer, but always striped. Black/White can be added as piping just as it is now and all our historical colours are then taken care of.  

• Agree 8

Disagree with that caleyboy. People tend to associate a team with their home colours, so if ICT were just all blue like Caledonian it would no doubt (and rightly so) upset the Thistle brigade.

I personally feel (and I've said this before) the home should be 50% blue and 50% red, preferabbly stripes or halves. And the away should be white and black like the current away. This way all colours of the previous two clubs are being used but in a way that is unique to ICT!!

• Agree 2

That is actually quite nice, should we not have that away kit as ours, seeming that it's a different colour and has blue and red diagonal stripes? Off course it's now Crystal Palaces but that is really what we should be aiming for tbh, with some red and blue on the away kit don ya think?

I think they are both cracking kits. would be delighted to have either one as our strip.

Chances of us ever having both in the same season? I would say there's as much chances of that as there is Derek Adams becoming a humble and gracious in defeat manager!