New Away Strip

Tichy if I'm trolling its certainly not intentional

In my opinion no self respecting Caley fan would ever wear the away top

As long as ICT continue to display the Thistle on the badge I personally won't purchase club merchandise but I certainly am not stopping any of my fellow ICT fans from doing so, like I said its my personal opinion

Dougal

1346839458-auto-dafuq-dafuq-did-i-just-r

Very decent of you Dougal !!

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, I lived at both ends of Kingsmills as a boy. 

Something happened nearly 20 years ago, both Caley and Thistle ceased to exist except in our memories.  Had the merger not happened then we would not be following the team that is currently top of the Premier League/ship what ever it is this week.  Rather I suspect a team in the middle of the leagues due to funding being a fraction of the tight budget that Terry has now.

Think the idea about using kit to commemorate the founding of this club from the ashes of the two former clubs is a very good one.  I also believe the atmosphere and support will improve as us older folks may way for the new generations who don't care what happened 20 years ago and only want to support their team.

• Agree 1

Troll-tastic - in fact a lot of trolling going on tonight ;-)

As long as ICT continue to display the Thistle on the badge I personally won't purchase club merchandise but I certainly am not stopping any of my fellow ICT fans from doing so, like I said its my personal opinion

Dougal

Take away the thistle and the fekkin eagle falls on its ass

• Agree 1

Would it not have been worth the players using it in a pre-season game to get used to it before the season started (unless they wear it in training of course!)?  Remember what happened to Scotland in that Georgia match where they wore that horrid rust coloured jersey and got beat 2-0 (which turned out to be of massive importance in the end IIRC).

Would it not have been worth the players using it in a pre-season game to get used to it before the season started (unless they wear it in training of course!)?  Remember what happened to Scotland in that Georgia match where they wore that horrid rust coloured jersey and got beat 2-0 (which turned out to be of massive importance in the end IIRC).

Liked the last mainly black strip but as someone pointed out on here to me it was a jinx, just as that minging Scotland strip. But players should be used to picking out their team mates regardless of what colour they wear. Adjusting to get used to a new strip takes seconds not four or five games, maybe team tactics and the quality of player played more part in what went wrong rather than the colour of strip they wore.

It it not the case that players find it harder to spot teammates when they are wearing darker jerseys though?  The opposite is also the reason why keepers seldom wear white, due to being more likely to be spotted when they're off their line.

It it not the case that players find it harder to spot teammates when they are wearing darker jerseys though?  The opposite is also the reason why keepers seldom wear white, due to being more likely to be spotted when they're off their line.

County seemed to do alright last season and the season previous.

Watching our players or players at the top level in Scottish football they all know where their team mates should be during a move depending on the circumstance or if a certain player is not there someone else. They get used to each other familiarise though practice and training, rehearsing tactics and movement, a different strip worn should register in the brain within seconds at the start of a game if unfamiliar and makes little difference unless there is a similarity between that strip and the opponents. Don't our keepers wear a very light grey jersey to distinguish a difference. Not sure what other colours are available for our keepers if the grey one clashes say with an opponents mainly white one.

For Saturday the team could wear either home or away without clashing, I would prefer the home strip as I will be wearing one as well. :smile:

The other goalie kit this season is black.  We've had a few other colours in recent years as well (red, yellow, green, orange, light blue etc.).  There's evidence to suggest red makes a keeper look bigger as well apparently.

As a fan of ICT, who falls firmly in the Caley camp in our club's history, I guess I must have no self respect then !!!! but I do pride myself on not having this kind if parochial attitude. What utter nonsense, and the merchandise rationale sounds more like parsimony than protest !

post-2-0-70251300-1377166999.jpg

Having seen it in the club shop on Monday has to be one of the worst away strips ever, just a complete mess. Pity cause these colours can be used to create a fantasic design.

When I wore it to a TFC game (as seen in the pic above), I got at least 40 or 50 comments from fellow TFC fans that it was a great looking top (despite the model wearing it), it looked different to most other teams, and was pretty much unique .... no-one thought it was "a complete mess" .... personally, I like it !

• Agree 4

Troll-tastic - in fact a lot of trolling going on tonight ;-)

Dougal

Take away the thistle and the fekkin eagle falls on its ass

How very true Alex. Hopefully some posters may take note of this including Dougal.

I hate the top as well and will not be buying it so I am going to wear a retro top in future. But the reason is that I think that the added blue makes it look stooped. I have allegiances that will never die but - no self respecting Caley fan would wear it - Bollicks and most feeble troll EVER !!

• 4 weeks later...

Like many others, I'm an old Caley fan but I was pleased to see a black and red away strip launched this year. IMO the black with red stripes looked good but the additional blue and red makes it look like something made out of spare material left over from another job. Here's hoping we can get back to basics in the future with a blue and red stripe home strip and a black and red away strip. Simple styles sell well.

Wasn't too big a fan when it came out and it had started to grow on me but now that I've seen it on the telebox, I'm back to not being keen at all.

I hate the look of the material and its "shine".. always looks cheap and nasty. Certain aspects of the design I like, the pinstripes for example, I do find quite good and from a screen point of view, the all black appearence is nice and sharp.. it's just everything else on closer detail seems so miss-matched and popped together with no real fluency and well, as pathetic as it sounds.. from a designers view, just.. Meh.

A nice, bold, clean set of blue and red stripes for the home kit and a far simpler version of this current away top would be fine and dandy in my eyes.