Pre-Season & Charlton away (merged)

caleydawson

Being looking at flights all morning flybe have one on saturday the 27th leaving at 07.00 and getting you in at 08.50 for £74.03

and for coming back theres on on sunday at 19.20 and getting you in at 21.05 for £80.48

Thats the cheapest prices i have seen so far

Our return flight from Glasgow is £65 so if you can get down to either Glasgow or Edinburgh you will get cheap flights for around that price.

Being looking at flights all morning flybe have one on saturday the 27th leaving at 07.00 and getting you in at 08.50 for £74.03

and for coming back theres on on sunday at 19.20 and getting you in at 21.05 for £80.48

Our return flight from Glasgow is £65 so if you can get down to either Glasgow or Edinburgh you will get cheap flights for around that price.

What airline you going down with??

Any ICT fans in the Southampton area going to the game? I know it's a long shot but it would be good if there are any more of us down this way for us to travel together either by car or train.

I'll be going from Reading.  Maybe one or two others as well.  Currently thinking about train so that we can have a few bevvies!  Train from Southampton comes through Reading I think.  Maybe we can liaise on times later, if you decide on going by train?

Easyjet

:ohmy:  I'm not keen on the term; What airline are you going down with?

Naw!!! Naw!!! Naw!!! You cannot be a Caley Stag.............Stags are our sworn enemy.

Haha! My second club are nicknamed The Stags. Not for much longer by the look of it though, they're on the brink of going out of business. Besides, C*unty are Staggies, not Stags. Doesn't even make sense.

1000416_10201327374495945_1261130477_n.j

Half a league half a league,
Half a league onward,
All to the valley of Charlton
Marched the six hundred:
'Forward, the TerryandMo Away!
Charge for the pub' he said:
Into the valley of Charlton
Marched the six hundred.

'Forward, the TerryandMo Away!'
Was there a man dismay'd ?
Not tho' the footsoldier knew
Some one had blunder'd:
Theirs not to make reply,
Theirs not to reason why,
Theirs but to do & die,
Into the valley of Charlton
Marched the six hundred.

Vodka to right of them,
Whisky to left of them,
Rum in front of them
Volley'd & chunder'd;
Pisshed with shots and smell,
Boldly they marched and scooped
Into the cocktails of Death             
Into the mouths of all                                  
Scooped the six hundred.

Flash'd all their erses bare,
Farted as they changed the air,
Savouring the happy hour there,
Charging a feckin bomb while
All around chundered:
Plunged in the cannabis smoke
Right thro' the queue they broke;
Smirnoff and Black Russians
Reeled from the sunstroke,
Shatter'd & scunner'd.
Then they Marched back, but not
Not the six hundred.

Vodka to right of them,
Whisky to left of them,
Carnage behind them
Trolley'd and chunder'd;
Stoked with shots and smell,
While hoarse & hero fell,
They that had drank so well
Came thro' the jaws of Death,
Back from the mouth of Hell,
All that was left of them,
Left of six hundred.

When can their glory fade?
O the wild charge they made!
All the world wonder'd.
Honour the charge they made!
Honour the TerryandMo Away

Noble six hundred.

• Agree 4

Better learn the words

Yep we do actually play this before a game, although the official club song is the 'Red, Red Robin' by Billy Cotton, played when both teams emerge from the tunnel just before kick off, been played for many many years.

Youll probably also hear our own version of Paul McCartney's 'Mull of Kintyre', adapted as "Valley, Floyd Road". Gets sung by the vocal section of our support in the north upper at every game. So yeah we have a few songs kicking around!

Looking forward to hearing some of yours on the 27th July!  

Yes Renegade and on that night , at which I was in attendance, ICT thrashed these youngsters. Although....maybe it was put -up job for the occasion. Their Manager was supposed to be livid and was telling the press that he was going t fine each of the players 500 or 300 quid each.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch Terry and the Guy were enjoying a whisky and soda together perhaps. :lol: 

Yep we do actually play this before a game, although the official club song is the 'Red, Red Robin' by Billy Cotton, played when both teams emerge from the tunnel just before kick off, been played for many many years.

Youll probably also hear our own version of Paul McCartney's 'Mull of Kintyre', adapted as "Valley, Floyd Road". Gets sung by the vocal section of our support in the north upper at every game. So yeah we have a few songs kicking around!

Looking forward to hearing some of yours on the 27th July!

Charlton fans seem to be a bit underwhelmed at the prospect of ICT visiting. http://www.charltonlife.com/discussion/55626/inverness-calley-preseason-friendly-27th-july-at-home

They seem a little confused by the Clach and Palace. Guess they don't know about our Barca links ;-)

Pity couldn't have got an away game against a decent Championship team like that lot at Portman Road or the City Ground :-))

To be fair you could do a lot worse then us! Barcelona we aint but we averaged a thousand more then "that lot at Portman Road" last season, and we are in fact the best supported London team in the football league, and that includes (now Premier League) Palace.... 

You guys have just had a great season, beating Celtic away is something Barcelona couldnt even manage! Ill think itll be a pretty even contest....

Edited by CAFCTrev

Charlton fans seem to be a bit underwhelmed at the prospect of ICT visiting. http://www.charltonlife.com/discussion/55626/inverness-calley-preseason-friendly-27th-july-at-home

They seem a little confused by the Clach and Palace. Guess they don't know about our Barca links ;-)

Pity couldn't have got an away game against a decent Championship team like that lot at Portman Road or the City Ground :-))

If u don't mind me asking, how much do yous actually know about ICT? (That's not ment to be offensive, just a question). ;-)

To be fair you could do a lot worse then us! Barcelona we aint but we averaged a thousand more then "that lot at Portman Road" last season, and we are in fact the best supported London team in the football league, and that includes (now Premier League) Palace.... 

You guys have just had a great season, beating Celtic away is something Barcelona couldnt even manage! Ill think itll be a pretty even contest....

I think it's unfair on Trev as he's making an effort. However if you look at the first page of the CAFC thread about us, they don't know sod all: rather than see us as football fans, all the usual stereotypes are there:  haggis, bagpipes, alcohol, deep fried mars bars, kilts, meanness, sweaties. Depressing picture of Londoners' notorious insularity...... :redcard:

• Agree 1

@CAFCTrev If u don't mind me asking, how much do yous actually know about ICT? (That's not ment to be offensive, just a question). ;-)

Fair play, its a valid question! I am a follower of Scottish football from afar so I was aware of how well your season has gone, Terry Butcher being the boss an all. I remember the headlines (Super Caley go ballistic...) when you beat Celtic in the League Cup back in 2000. Infact that was probably the first time Id heard of ICT. Since the friendly was arranged Ive been reading up on ICT, had no idea the club was formed from a merger...

I guess I probably know as much about ICT as the average ICT fan knows about Charlton. I live in London (20 mins away from the Valley) and I get plenty of Londoners who dont know where Charlton is!

• Agree 2

@CAFCTrev If u don't mind me asking, how much do yous actually know about ICT? (That's not ment to be offensive, just a question). ;-)

Fair play, its a valid question! I am a follower of Scottish football from afar so I was aware of how well your season has gone, Terry Butcher being the boss an all. I remember the headlines (Super Caley go ballistic...) when you beat Celtic in the League Cup back in 2000. Infact that was probably the first time Id heard of ICT. Since the friendly was arranged Ive been reading up on ICT, had no idea the club was formed from a merger...

I guess I probably know as much about ICT as the average ICT fan knows about Charlton. I live in London (20 mins away from the Valley) and I get plenty of Londoners who dont know where Charlton is!

Scottish Cup it was Trev......

I was in with the Charlton fans at Newcastle a few years back, one of my mates supports them, unfortunately it was the day Alan Shearer set all those records.

Do you remember

Jorge Costa ooooh

Jorge Costa ooooh

He comes from Portugal

He feckin hates Millwall

Scottish Cup it was Trev......

I was in with the Charlton fans at Newcastle a few years back, one of my mates supports them, unfortunately it was the day Alan Shearer set all those records.

Do you remember

Jorge Costa ooooh

Jorge Costa ooooh

He comes from Portugal

He feckin hates Millwall

Thats awesome! Yeah that song has been adapted over the years for any popular players whose country of origin has enough syllables to fit!

Those heady days in the Prem seem like a million miles away now, although my fave memory of that era is actually beating Chelsea at Stamford Bridge in the League Cup in 2005. Charlton were the only team to beat Mourinho at home. OK it was only on pens....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZwiweKCE7E