Aaron Doran - 3 Year Deal

CaleyD

Caley Thistle wide man Aaron Doran has pledged his future to the club by penning a three-year deal.

The former Blackburn Rovers player, who was 22 on May 13, has had a superb campaign in the team's surge to finish fourth in the SPL and has been rewarded with the longest contract the club has offered in recent years.

http://ictfc.com/news/team-news/932-3-year-deal-for-doran

Delighted that he has signed such a long contract by our usual standards

Doran has been highly effective and creative this year and the fact that he finished the season as the second highest assister in the SPL goes to show how crucial he has been to our success this season. He still has time ahead of him to add goals to his game and thankfully those years will be with us

Well done to those involved in getting him tied to a long contract :clapping:

• Agree 1

Brilliant news, I think playing him through the middle in the Shinniesta could be a good shout. Might start claiming hes the Irish Messi.

Here he is (albeit playing right up top) playing through the middle and scoring twice against Italy U21.

The more I think about it, the more I like this deal ......

Obviously, he is a good player and has come on leaps and bounds. We are all happy to see him sign a new deal. BUT, for me the most pleasing aspect is that it is a three year deal .....

Firstly, here is a player at age 22, with other clubs sniffing around, who is prepared to commit himself to our club for more than the standard 2 year contract, and secondly, and more importantly, our club has broken through that barrier of only offering 2 year deals and using the excuse of hedging our bets against relegation to justify it. Maybe we have finally matured as a club and after our 4th place finish this season, we finally see ourselves as an SPL team, there on merit, and not relegation fodder ... a big step forward for all concerned. 

• Agree 6