Aaron Doran - 3 Year Deal

CaleyD

I am delighted with the way contract negotiations have been handled this season with the vast bulk of the squad being retained.

Most particularly, in my view we had four very promising young players who all would have been in demand elsewhere in both Shinnie brothers, Billy MacKay and Aaron Doran. The fact that we have secured three out of those four for at least the next two seasons is great credit to the players themselves and the management team for persuading them to stay.

Unearth a couple more gems from the bowels of the English league system and we could be in for a very successful and entertaining couple of years ahead.

• Agree 1

He surely deserves his own chant now. Commitment like this should be recognised.

For some reason, 'Rio' by that 80's band "Doran Doran" springs to mind ... something about his name being Aaron and dancing down the wing !!! :lol: sorry to our younger posters, that will probably go over your heads !

or to the tune of the Pink Panther ..... Doran, Doran, Doran-Doran-Doran ......etc.,

• Agree 4

He surely deserves his own chant now. Commitment like this should be recognised.

For some reason, 'Rio' by that 80's band "Doran Doran" springs to mind ... something about his name being Aaron and dancing down the wing !!! :lol: sorry to our younger posters, that will probably go over your heads !

or to the tune of the Pink Panther ..... Doran, Doran, Doran-Doran-Doran ......etc.,

:redcard: 

I am delighted with the way contract negotiations have been handled this season with the vast bulk of the squad being retained.

Most particularly, in my view we had four very promising young players who all would have been in demand elsewhere in both Shinnie brothers, Billy MacKay and Aaron Doran. The fact that we have secured three out of those four for at least the next two seasons is great credit to the players themselves and the management team for persuading them to stay.

Unearth a couple more gems from the bowels of the English league system and we could be in for a very successful and entertaining couple of years ahead.

Isn't that a shade racist? What is wrong with the bowels of the Scottish/Irish/Welsh League system.... or do you have no faith in the ability of Scottish/Irish/Welsh youth coaches to come across decent players that their own  managements think are crap.....or are you just running with the fact that it looks rather as if  Marsella only looks for players in English leagues so English players are the only option? 

So chuffed Aaron stayed but not for a minute did I reckon we'd get him tied up for 3 years.

That is some piece of buisness for all parties I feel, security all round for player and club. Not even that bothered whether tudor jones staying or goin now!!! :D

Isn't that a shade racist? What is wrong with the bowels of the Scottish/Irish/Welsh League system.... or do you have no faith in the ability of Scottish/Irish/Welsh youth coaches to come across decent players that their own  managements think are crap.....or are you just running with the fact that it looks rather as if  Marsella only looks for players in English leagues so English players are the only option? 

I would love our club to be signing Scottish players but can hardly remember the last time we recruited from another Scottish club.

Just being realistic in assuming we will be recruiting yet again from the Conference or League Two. I will be delighted if I am wrong. 

Oddquine, first off I fail to see the racistness of Kingsmills comments. Your own comment may have held some credibility were it not for the fact you didn't stop to think before writing. Quite a few of the players we have found in recent times actually started out in Scottish, Irish or Welsh football. Some of them just happened to be playing in England before we discovered them. The fact is that many of the Celtic countries talented youth get snapped up by the better off English clubs at a young age. I think we should be very proud that we can produce two or three talented players of our own each season who can hold their own in SPL. I'd also be prepared to wager that Mr Marsella could be planning a visit or two to Ireland when their league starts next month.

And to all those who complain about the k.o. times take a look at the Irish fixture list. http://www.extratime.ie/fixtures/

• Agree 2

Brilliant news.  I think he has been one our most important players this season.  Sure, his final ball is often not the best but that will improve.  What is so impressive about Doran is his ability to make himself available and to get involved with the play.  He may not be as exciting to watch as Jonny Hayes on song but he gets far more involved and contributes far more to the team than Hayes ever did.  I also think Doran has been a key factor in the more obvious success of MacKay and A Shinnie this season. 

I would have been delighted with a further one year contract but a 3 year contract is just fantastic news.  It could be just about the best bit of business the club has ever done.

• Agree 2