Tudor-jones a hibee

Council Juice

Seems he's signed a 2 year deal there. After rescuing him from a career that was seriously hampered by injury, and sticking by him after his 1st season in which he done his other knee, I really hope I'm missing something as I'd have liked a little bit more loyalty returned. A good player, shall be missed I think. No doubt hubs will ruin him like they do everyone.

• Agree 4

He's no big loss in my opinion, I think he'd probably re-sign with us if we got Europe but we never.  The sad thing about the whole situation is that Hibs are even in Europe, fair enough if you win the cup but to be honest they barely even had a shot in the final.  To be rewarded with Europe for losing and a team that were top in November and finished in the bottom 6 doesn't reallly seem fair.  I'm saying that regardless where we finished, even if we got relegated.

• Agree 2

Not overly impressed with this. If Doran can stay, and I'm sure he had offers too, then so could OTJ. A new challenge ? Hibs?

Doran had more offers than OTJ I think so fair play to him! And OTJ, if your looking for a new challenge, I think going to Hibs is just the same as playing for ICT in many ways. A new challenge would be to play in England or Wales in different leagues, not in the same league. Simples.

• Agree 1

The loping and lackadaisical giraffe will regret leaving the savannahs of the Highlands and the lure of grasslands and the lush shrubbery of giraffe heaven. But he has been tricked and I suspect that the mercenary poachers of Leith will have him well and truly stuffed in the near future.

Good riddance, the fact he's one of the tallest on the pitch and won't jump to win a high ball annoyed me, seen him in a preseason against Forres and he looked promising but then got injured for A long time.

Good luck in the bottom six.

Good riddance, the fact he's one of the tallest on the pitch and won't jump to win a high ball annoyed me, seen him in a preseason against Forres and he looked promising but then got injured for A long time.

do you always base your opinions on players on their jumping ability?

Owain served us well last season, and was part, of what i think was probably the best centre midfeild partnership in the league, alongside draper, in particular over the long spell we had from september to february, with 3 loses in toal in that 5 month period. Owain was a total ball player, not a tackler, not an aerial threat, but a technician. I think we'll miss him, draper and foran did well together recently in the centre, but neither have owains ability, and finding as good a balance in the centre without him, will be tough. over to you mr marsella. :notworthy:

In saying that if hes the only other player along with A.Shinnie, and Reguero, thats fine by me. 2 will be tough to replace. As for Requero? we have Esson, its just about getting decent cover for him.

• Agree 3

do you always base your opinions on players on their jumping ability?

Owain served us well last season, and was part, of what i think was probably the best centre midfeild partnership in the league, alongside draper, in particular over the long spell we had from september to february, with 3 loses in toal in that 5 month period. Owain was a total ball player, not a tackler, not an aerial threat, but a technician. I think we'll miss him, draper and foran did well together recently in the centre, but neither have owains ability, and finding as good a balance in the centre without him, will be tough. over to you mr marsella. :notworthy:

In saying that if hes the only other player along with A.Shinnie, and Reguero, thats fine by me. 2 will be tough to replace. As for Requero? we have Esson, its just about getting decent cover for him. I agree, I think he'll be a miss in the middle but he is replaceable, and as you said it's all down to Steve Marsella to find us a suitable midfielder that can play with Draper in the middle. But what I don't get is the fact that he thinks going to Hibs is a "new challenge" when they are in Europe for getting beat in a Scottish Cup Final, okay fair enough Europe, but he did say he wasn't bothered if Caley got into Europe but I suppose he was leaving anyway. Another thing is that they are now a bottom six team and without Griffiths next year (I think) then they are going to struggle IMO. A new challenge is when you join a different league not just a different team in the same league as you were in before.

• Agree 1

I must say that while the "stale" remark is never actually said by Jones, his comments are a little galling.  If he'd said he felt it was time to move on then that's fair enough, but to tell us that he wasn't that bothered about Europe with ICT but is all excited about it with Hibs, leaves a rather sour taste.  A new challenge?  Seriously, what?!  Playing the same teams again for a bunch of bottom half dwellers and a short foray into Europe (which he's done before with the powerhouse that is Bangor!) doesn't sound like a new challenge to me.  Sorry Jonesy, but you're story doesn't add up.

I wonder though if there's been some falling out or something with Butcher?  To be one of the first names on the teamsheet all season to then be dropped to the bench with a few weeks left of the season was strange one and an on-going saga of whether he'd sign when it was obvious he was off makes me wonder if there's more going on behind the scenes.

Ordinary I'd be sad to see him to go because he's a good player, but with comments like that I'm not so bothered.

Edited by Renegade
  • Agree 2

There was nothing going on behind the scenes...other than Butcher identifying the need to do something a bit different against Motherwell (which worked) and OTJ tthen picked up a knock which ruled him out.

I'm pretty certain he's left because people kept spelling/saying his name wrong.

I'm pretty certain he's left because people kept spelling/saying his name wrong.

Indeed!  People constantly pronouncing his name as if it was "Owen Tudor" was very annoying!

I expect the same next season with Greenhalgh* though!

* It's pronounced Green-Hal"

Edited by Renegade

He was a good team player & a good guy.

Obviously Hibs are one of our rivals so don't really want to wish him all the best, but I will be keeping an eye out for his

general well being.