Tudor-jones a hibee

Council Juice

You'd think by reading one of the Hibs fans forums that he was the new Bobby Moore! Comments like 'wins every header', 'a huge presence' and ' looks really good' just goes to show how fickle we fans are and how we give all our players the benefit of the doubt initially!

To be fair reading this forum shows the other side of the fickle football fan. I liked OTJ and thought he played well in our system and definitely contributed to our success last season. But he's gone and we move on. Some of the posts here reek of "Well now he's gone I don't think he was that good anyway".

• 4 weeks later...

So much for the temptation of Europe. If benchwarming is what is regarded as Europe i think id be a dab hand at it too.

Edited by AJS

Should have stuck it out with us least he wouldn't be on the bench

Honestly Al, I think he would struggle to get a place in this team ahead of Vincent, that seems to be evolving into a quick passing side that has real penetration (ooer) He would simply be too slow and too injury prone. He could see a pass though, and that left foot was like a hammer. If we need a holding mid, Ross Draper is yer man. See you tonight and we can discuss it for about 9 hours! :lol01:

• 8 months later...

So the new challenge was to be involved in a relegation battle then? :laugh:

EDIT: F'cking hell. Some shout from me earlier in the thread about Robson and Flood eh?  :blush:

Edited by RiG
  • Agree 3

He moved for money - fair enough, he's got a family to provide for, a shame really as I would have liked him to stay but I think getting Doran on a 3 year contract may prove to be a more astute move.

As for Hibs, in my opinion without Griffiths they are truly going to struggle next season and I doubt Fat Penlon will be there by Christmas.  Think where they would've been without his goals this season.  It can't harm Hibs having OTJ with them but he's not going to fix all their problems.  And if he gets another injury...

(BTW) I sincerely hope he does not get injured, just has a howler every time we play them and scores a hat trick when he plays the tinks.

Onwards and upwards...

Another good call there.

• 1 month later...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23102572

Owain Tudur Jones is looking forward to a taste of European football with Hibernian next month.

The 28-year-old Wales midfielder signed a two-year deal at Easter Road after rejecting an offer to extend his stay with Inverness CT.

And the Edinburgh side will take on Ireland's Drogheda or Malmo of Sweden in the Europa League qualifiers.

"I can't wait," Jones told BBC Scotland. "It's something different to the SPL."

How'd that work out for you, eh Owain?

Glad you wanted something different from the SPL - Hibs have delivered that in spades for you next season,

• Agree 2

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23102572

Owain Tudur Jones is looking forward to a taste of European football with Hibernian next month.

The 28-year-old Wales midfielder signed a two-year deal at Easter Road after rejecting an offer to extend his stay with Inverness CT.

And the Edinburgh side will take on Ireland's Drogheda or Malmo of Sweden in the Europa League qualifiers.

"I can't wait," Jones told BBC Scotland. "It's something different to the SPL."

How'd that work out for you, eh Owain?

Glad you wanted something different from the SPL - Hibs have delivered that in spades for you next season,

Having spoken to OTJ on a few occasions just before he left there was more to his leaving than this usual "New club, new challenge" tripe that is always trotted out. He sat with ICT fans at the semi-final and has a lot of time for our club and fans.

• Agree 1